Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
I started a fresh new game on Hard mode. Randomizers off, because I don't think I could make it if I had them on.

Whereas my normal-mode route would go hire Nuan and then go directly for Jyla, the higher pricetag on the former (plus being in a much more difficult location to reach) and the greater strength on the latter means this isn't so viable on Hard without grinding first, and screw doing that this early on. Instead, I went for Yterre since she can be recruited without a boss fight; the Jyla battle was much more manageable with a fourth member, especially with Yterre wearing the Turquoise Mage-Ring.
This has already had an interesting effect on my playthrough; Yterre would normally be an afterthought in my playstyle, but here she was a crucial part of the earlygame. Normally I'd want to bring Jyla to Yterre's manor and recruit her with a boss fight, and have Jyla steal extra gold from her and the head maid; I knowingly sacrificed that on this playthrough just to make the earlygame more bearable.

I think my next move might be to stick my head into Alisha's House just long enough to unlock the Copy Princess and Succubus TF forms. Then head for Annie, then the Lost Wizard (and leave her at Verona's to generate cash), then see if I have enough coin for Nuan, then go back to actually recruit Alisha, and then go for Samona.

Reactions: HikkiG

swpkmn

Feb 19, 2020
Well yeah I know what the launcher I made actually does already ;) (Though Index.html is not touched by the launcher, think it is some script or something in the game that might be changing the title of that a bit after it is launched, haven't really dug further into where that is actually happening, but even when using the launcher it start as using the N in the titel as well but a bit after starting, it changes to the right title bar text, so that should still work if you try and rename things appropriately. Though at the end of the day what is written in the title bar have no effect on that game itself)
I guess I replied to the wrong post. I was posting that for the person who was having issues with the launcher.

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
Update: Alisha's house is hecking dangerous on Hard mode. The enemy's stats aren't all that bad, but recall that Hard mode increases the success chances of various status effects, and how Alisha's house is a very status-heavy dungeon. One Haigure'd member can much more easily doom the entire party; I was still saving up to hire Nuan, so I didn't have a lot of Mind Cleansers on hand to counteract this. The other way to counteract this would be to cycle Haigure'd members out of the active party between fights, but I didn't have enough reserve members yet to make this work, either. I'd definitely advise leaving this dungeon for later in the game, after you have a larger roster and enough firepower take out the Droids in a single move each.

I did end up testing (and was pleasantly surprised with) another of the balance changes, though: the Magical Girl form. Now that Lilina can no longer precast Obedience and Empower before important fights, her value in the Princess class is diminished; as a post-update Magical Girl, though, she fights a lot like an additional non-elemental Sinian, and that's decently high praise. (Plus, Lilina can still use most of her Princess spells as a Magical Girl anyway; they just don't refill with Magical Charge.) Additionally, Magical Girl can learn all its spells by Lv3, so any further levels are just extra stat points and JP that the Draining Witch can siphon into Elixirs guilt-free.
...I never did find the Draining Witch, actually, so I guess that last part's hypothetical...

Anyway, if I had to do this again, I'd pursue a slightly different objective in Alisha's house: Don't go for the Copy Princess Throne for the first visit. I'd just go for the first Henshin Wand and the first Shoujo Uniform, and then teleport right out before the Droids and Kawa-A.I.s get me. I did make it to the throne this time, but it was rough.

Next stop will be a rash of kleptomania for the greater good (Thief's Mask and Bandit's Key from the Street Thieves near Gianna and Sea Market; one or more Ruby Mage-Rings in Tabnath Mountains; maybe Sharpshooter Hats and/or Spell Pistols around West Beach) and then it's back to recruiting allies.

Nickshark

Nov 24, 2020
Alright I need help I know that the Lab area is in the forest in that locked cabin but for the life of me I cant figure out how to get in. Can someone give me a hint as to where to look?

Traveler12345

Mar 20, 2022
Alright I need help I know that the Lab area is in the forest in that locked cabin but for the life of me I cant figure out how to get in. Can someone give me a hint as to where to look?
Try to find a lamp post with a note and a restore circle next to it, then head left. Notice how one of the flowers (the blue one I think) seems to cover a hole in the ground, and defeat it.

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
I have no idea who or what is in that cabin, and I've played the game to completion twice.
The lab's not in there.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

dmose9000

Nov 2, 2019
I don't know if this has been answered already because I can't find anything on it anywhere but there is a tab in equip for tattoos but I don't know where to get them. Anyone know?

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
I don't know if this has been answered already because I can't find anything on it anywhere but there is a tab in equip for tattoos but I don't know where to get them. Anyone know?
The first step is to get the Red Jewel. After that...
Despite the descriptions saying they're for Bimbos, they can also be equipped by Succubi. Though a new one was added in 3.0 and I haven't checked if that one can also be equipped by Succubi, since it's a little "specific."

Speaking of which. I tried the new version of the Bimbo form out. (I don't actually like bimbos, but since Vhiel went through all the trouble of rebalancing it, and it's cheaper than buying the day pass to the Slut Bar...) It's still got some balance issues, but in the opposite direction compared to before; it might be too powerful now. At least it's a much more viable choice for combat now even if Vhiel decides to nerf the powerful moves in later updates or something.

Last edited:

dmose9000

Nov 2, 2019
Thanks for the information I was also unaware that there was a version 3.0 and I've been playing on version 1.4 lmao.

Traveler12345

Mar 20, 2022
The first step is to get the Red Jewel. After that...
Despite the descriptions saying they're for Bimbos, they can also be equipped by Succubi. Though a new one was added in 3.0 and I haven't checked if that one can also be equipped by Succubi, since it's a little "specific."

Speaking of which. I tried the new version of the Bimbo form out. (I don't actually like bimbos, but since Vhiel went through all the trouble of rebalancing it, and it's cheaper than buying the day pass to the Slut Bar...) It's still got some balance issues, but in the opposite direction compared to before; it might be too powerful now. At least it's a much more viable choice for combat now even if Vhiel decides to nerf the powerful moves in later updates or something.

It's actually great for me that Bimbos are slightly overpowered, since I always wanted to run a full Bimbo team haha

I also run a full Magical Girls team the other day and it's not bad either. A full 10 turn MAT buff, additional buff from Ganbatte! and up to six Magical Blasts (I only got three Shoujo Uniforms) makes for a slow but clean sweep. It's not too strong for me to keep using them for long, but I like them a lot more now and they're still cute as before. Especially MG Yterre, she's very cute.

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
It's actually great for me that Bimbos are slightly overpowered, since I always wanted to run a full Bimbo team haha

I also run a full Magical Girls team the other day and it's not bad either. A full 10 turn MAT buff, additional buff from Ganbatte! and up to six Magical Blasts (I only got three Shoujo Uniforms) makes for a slow but clean sweep. It's not too strong for me to keep using them for long, but I like them a lot more now and they're still cute as before. Especially MG Yterre, she's very cute.
I realize this would break the aesthetic, but there still is something you can do with only three Shoujo Uniforms.
Three Magical Girls with Nobles' Masks, and one high-MAtk Faceless Maid to copy every action they take. ...Maybe she's their mascot or something. Or Alpha 5 to their Power Rangers. (He didn't have a face either, and they all wore masks, right???)

With all the free Elixirs that Magical Girls can generate (via having enough JP to learn every spell by Lv3)... you could do this to skip a level or two on another class you wanted skills from. Train as a Magical Girl instead of as a Zombie or Orc or Bimbo or Copy Princess!

I went on a Flirt-grinding spree (as an excuse to do an EXP-grinding spree without having to abuse Lady Lyra), and decided to savescum the wedding scene again to find out what Lilina learns from each possible Bride. Here's the list.

All nine of them provide a passive skill (i.e. not a new spell or attack). Seven of them teach Lilina something from their JP learnsets (none of them teach their Lv10 exclusive passive); Yterre teaches a passive that partially resembles one from her learnset but with an exclusive and interesting twist, and the Lost Wizard's doesn't open new options but still manages to be very strong.

Traveler12345

Mar 20, 2022
I realize this would break the aesthetic, but there still is something you can do with only three Shoujo Uniforms.
Three Magical Girls with Nobles' Masks, and one high-MAtk Faceless Maid to copy every action they take. ...Maybe she's their mascot or something. Or Alpha 5 to their Power Rangers. (He didn't have a face either, and they all wore masks, right???)

With all the free Elixirs that Magical Girls can generate (via having enough JP to learn every spell by Lv3)... you could do this to skip a level or two on another class you wanted skills from. Train as a Magical Girl instead of as a Zombie or Orc or Bimbo or Copy Princess!

I went on a Flirt-grinding spree (as an excuse to do an EXP-grinding spree without having to abuse Lady Lyra), and decided to savescum the wedding scene again to find out what Lilina learns from each possible Bride. Here's the list.

All nine of them provide a passive skill (i.e. not a new spell or attack). Seven of them teach Lilina something from their JP learnsets (none of them teach their Lv10 exclusive passive); Yterre teaches a passive that partially resembles one from her learnset but with an exclusive and interesting twist, and the Lost Wizard's doesn't open new options but still manages to be very strong.
Lost Wizard is also the best cooker in the team while Yterre's the worst, which is kinda funny

sagara_souma

Feb 23, 2019
Does anyone know where to get more Henshin Wands? I only know about the three in Alisha's house, and don't know where to get more now that they're one per person. Don't know where to get more than two shoujo uniforms either.

Traveler12345

Mar 20, 2022
Does anyone know where to get more Henshin Wands? I only know about the three in Alisha's house, and don't know where to get more now that they're one per person. Don't know where to get more than two shoujo uniforms either.
Don't know about the Uniforms (probably enemy drop), but Alisha learning Tech Forge can craft extra Wands for 700 gold after she crafts all her equipments (3k5 gold)

Reactions: sagara_souma

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
I don't see anything weird about that, Yterre being who she is, will have people that cook for her, so ofc her own cooking skills are practically non-existant
I mean, they phrased it as "funny."
And I have to admit, the mental image of "Yterre tried to make toast and somehow managed to fuck it up completely" is pretty funny.

I fooled around with the Bride classes some more. At first I was concerned that, being a non-default class, the girls wouldn't have access to their default skillsets. So I was surprised when I checked Jyla's Combat list and... saw that Steal was still on it! I fiddled with it some more, and I think I get it now: there's only one version of the Bride class, but there are nine versions of the Eternal Vow Ring. It's the Ring that causes each Bride to be unique, granting them stat modifiers to more closely resemble their default classes, and also their default-class innate skills.

And then I realized: "Shit, now I gotta go sit through all nine wedding scenes again or I'll be curious about this forever. I hate weddings..."

Eight of the nine have zero-sum stat modifiers as Brides. Notably, while most of them have maxHP penalties, none of them has a maxHP bonus; and even with these penalties, they tend to have significantly more HP than their default classes. The stat modifiers also include bonuses from equipment; for example, Nuan can reach noticeably higher Attack as a Bride than as a Swordmaster, but with somewhat lower Agility (sure, Spirit Yuusei and the Laelaps Uniform are amplified by that Agi multiplier, but the Swordmaster class is just that much quicker). Maybe you could give your Bride some Soulgem gear to exploit those multipliers, even.
The Lost Wizard, though. She gains no unique utility from exclusive skills, but her stat modifiers are the best overall... and applied to the Bride's stat spread instead of the Commoner's. This is actually really interesting, and thematically matches the bonus skill she gives Lilina: no new options, but very good raw power. With her own double-EXP passive, you could quickly teach her Magic and Combat and Naughty skills to use as a jill-of-all-trades character but without the usual master-of-none drawback of poor stats.

Maybe I'll give opinions on the others later. Sinian, for example, gets more out of it than I expected...

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
I mean, they phrased it as "funny."
And I have to admit, the mental image of "Yterre tried to make toast and somehow managed to fuck it up completely" is pretty funny.
Well funny and weird in this kind of context is more or less the same, usually

I fooled around with the Bride classes some more. At first I was concerned that, being a non-default class, the girls wouldn't have access to their default skillsets. So I was surprised when I checked Jyla's Combat list and... saw that Steal was still on it! I fiddled with it some more, and I think I get it now: there's only one version of the Bride class, but there are nine versions of the Eternal Vow Ring. It's the Ring that causes each Bride to be unique, granting them stat modifiers to more closely resemble their default classes, and also their default-class innate skills.

And then I realized: "Shit, now I gotta go sit through all nine wedding scenes again or I'll be curious about this forever. I hate weddings..."

Eight of the nine have zero-sum stat modifiers as Brides. Notably, while most of them have maxHP penalties, none of them has a maxHP bonus; and even with these penalties, they tend to have significantly more HP than their default classes. The stat modifiers also include bonuses from equipment; for example, Nuan can reach noticeably higher Attack as a Bride than as a Swordmaster, but with somewhat lower Agility (sure, Spirit Yuusei and the Laelaps Uniform are amplified by that Agi multiplier, but the Swordmaster class is just that much quicker). Maybe you could give your Bride some Soulgem gear to exploit those multipliers, even.
The Lost Wizard, though. She gains no unique utility from exclusive skills, but her stat modifiers are the best overall... and applied to the Bride's stat spread instead of the Commoner's. This is actually really interesting, and thematically matches the bonus skill she gives Lilina: no new options, but very good raw power. With her own double-EXP passive, you could quickly teach her Magic and Combat and Naughty skills to use as a jill-of-all-trades character but without the usual master-of-none drawback of poor stats.

Maybe I'll give opinions on the others later. Sinian, for example, gets more out of it than I expected...
You pretty much nailed it (though you could have tried and looked in the gamefiles if you wanted instead, JSON alone while having a very specific formatting is humanly readable (and ofc if you own the RPGM MV engine it becomes even easier)).
Skill in general once learned via JP carry between any classes(there are a few exceptions, but not very many), and as such can be cast as long as the class have the right type of skill type (and since Bride have both Combat and Magic it will be able to access all base class skills). And the rings then modify the stats stats as well as give each character its base/starting skills indeed, that is not normally learned with JP, and thus don't quite follow the above rule. I don't think any of Nuan's combat stance scrolls were removed, though where to get them were moved around, so maybe you just missed them? I don't remember the specific places though. (The RPGM engine really needs better searching features xD)

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
Skill in general once learned via JP carry between any classes(there are a few exceptions, but not very many), and as such can be cast as long as the class have the right type of skill type (and since Bride have both Combat and Magic it will be able to access all base class skills).
The problem is Jyla's Steal, and Sinian's Meditate and Fire. These're core to their skillsets; the rest of their skillsets are nowhere near as effective without them. As a Zombie or Orc, Jyla can't reload her Darts or Gas Grenades or Oil Flasks; as a Copy Princess, Sinian loses access to both her most plentiful spell and her method of replenishing her less-plentiful spells. Bride (by way of the Rings) surprised me by giving these back.

I don't think any of Nuan's combat stance scrolls were removed, though where to get them were moved around, so maybe you just missed them? I don't remember the specific places though. (The RPGM engine really needs better searching features xD)
If this is true, then I'd really like to know where the Focus scroll is. In the demo, it was in a chest to the northwest of the playable area; when I last checked, this was changed to a Laelaps ambush (and the chest is now empty) in the release version. With the Focus scroll, I would have less of a need to have Nuan learn Dirge from the Zombie class. (Though Dirge is still more potent, and the Cruelty scroll would probably still be my preferred choice.)

...Right, my opinions of the various Brides, in terms of gameplay, based on eyeballing the stuff from earlier (if you have a favorite waifu, just ignore this and marry that one)

Traveler12345

Mar 20, 2022
The problem is Jyla's Steal, and Sinian's Meditate and Fire. These're core to their skillsets; the rest of their skillsets are nowhere near as effective without them. As a Zombie or Orc, Jyla can't reload her Darts or Gas Grenades or Oil Flasks; as a Copy Princess, Sinian loses access to both her most plentiful spell and her method of replenishing her less-plentiful spells. Bride (by way of the Rings) surprised me by giving these back.

If this is true, then I'd really like to know where the Focus scroll is. In the demo, it was in a chest to the northwest of the playable area; when I last checked, this was changed to a Laelaps ambush (and the chest is now empty) in the release version. With the Focus scroll, I would have less of a need to have Nuan learn Dirge from the Zombie class. (Though Dirge is still more potent, and the Cruelty scroll would probably still be my preferred choice.)

...Right, my opinions of the various Brides, in terms of gameplay, based on eyeballing the stuff from earlier (if you have a favorite waifu, just ignore this and marry that one)
Yterre's head maid did said she has limited combat experience...

Right now the Lost Wizard seems to be the best Bride choice considering her benefits and how easy it is to marry her (almost all Flirt towards her, maybe with the exception of being Yterre's Maid, results in affection increase). Makes sense, since her whole purpose is to reward the player for "experimenting" with her. Even the enemy can benefit from messing with her.

4.30 star(s) 21 Votes