Epigone

Jul 27, 2019
This game causes my computer's fan to speed up which doesn't stop until I turn my computer off.
Is this normal or not?

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Is Jyla perpetually wearing a collar?
I've gotten her the skill to remove them, but it people can still disable her for an entire battle with a single use of 'Press a button'
Kind of annoying.

Also, am I missing something? What's up with all the skills that inflict status effects on your own allies?
I picked up Obedience on the princess thinking that it might be useful, or at least hot, but it doesn't seem to do anything?
Likewise, Trance seems worthless.
If I could use it out of combat to toy with my own teammates, it'd be fun, but as-is it's just a way to stun my own party in combat?

swpkmn

Feb 19, 2020
Is Jyla perpetually wearing a collar?
I've gotten her the skill to remove them, but it people can still disable her for an entire battle with a single use of 'Press a button'
Kind of annoying.
Yes, she is wearing a collar and cannot remove it. She does learns a skill to temporarily block activation of her collar, which really screws with certain enemies while it lasts.

Also, am I missing something? What's up with all the skills that inflict status effects on your own allies?
I picked up Obedience on the princess thinking that it might be useful, or at least hot, but it doesn't seem to do anything?
If I could use it out of combat to toy with my own teammates, it'd be fun, but as-is it's just a way to stun my own party in combat?
Obedience strengthens the target and blocks some negative statuses. I think most of the debuff status spellbooks exist just to make it easier to fill the status section of the journal and to goof around, but some of them could possibly help to block worse statuses.

Aprxd

Apr 25, 2018
Obedience is great to block all harmful hypnosis, specially enthralled, there's nothing worse than to have your main damage dealer turn against you

Lilitas72

Jan 21, 2020
Obedience boosts characters' stats, too. I don't know what it specifically increases but I'm pretty sure it increases M/ATK and M/DEF. And as the previous person said, it makes them immune to other kinds of hypnosis.

Trance doesn't do anything helpful, I think it's more for purposefully letting enemies do stuff to your team faster if you're trying to see what they can do to you.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Yes, she is wearing a collar and cannot remove it. She does learns a skill to temporarily block activation of her collar, which really screws with certain enemies while it lasts.
Yeah, I saw that but I figured "Why would I hack her collar for 2 turns when I could just completely remove it instead?".
So I guess I have to use Hack Collar on her first turn in every single battle against someone who can activate it?
That's kinda shit, tbh.

Obedience is great to block all harmful hypnosis, specially enthralled, there's nothing worse than to have your main damage dealer turn against you
Every enemy seems to have a way to fuck with your people though. I can't cast Obedience on everyone in every fight, and frankly my Princess has more important things to be doing anyway, so it just goes unused.

I dunno, maybe it's because I haven't found any good weapons yet but it feels like my DPS is super low. I have to spend every turn having everybody attack, otherwise it feels like i'm not making progress.
My swordswoman has a neat double-attack skill but doesn't seem to build TP fast enough to use it consistantly and my other swordswoman (the merc that you can hire in the border-town) has a whole bunch of cool katana skilled unlocked... which she never gets to use because they cost like 80tp.

Every fight ends within about four turns, either i'll have killed all the enemies or they'll have brainwashed or transformed or enslaved all four of my people and I won't be able to do anything.

There's too many debilitating status effects around to waste turns not attacking.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So I guess I have to use Hack Collar on her first turn in every single battle against someone who can activate it?
Only a few enemies can activate it, and the thing is that they'll always try to activate it as soon as possible. If the collar is hacked, they'll completely waste their turns repeatedly pressing the button that does nothing.

I can't cast Obedience on everyone in every fight, and frankly my Princess has more important things to be doing anyway, so it just goes unused.
I'm pretty sure you can cast it outside of battle.

swpkmn

Feb 19, 2020
Yeah, I saw that but I figured "Why would I hack her collar for 2 turns when I could just completely remove it instead?".
That's kinda shit, tbh.
Outside of Sea Market, I'm pretty sure there's only one enemy that uses/can activate collars.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Outside of Sea Market, I'm pretty sure there's only one enemy that uses/can activate collars.
Really? I know that the Magistrates can do it, and the bounty-hunter(?) who comes after the princess.

Since I ran straight from one group who does it to another enemy who does it, I assumed it was fairly common.

swpkmn

Feb 19, 2020
Really? I know that the Magistrates can do it, and the bounty-hunter(?) who comes after the princess.
The Magistrates are fought in Sea Market, and the bounty hunter is the one other enemy I was referring to. I don't think there are any other enemies that do it outside Sea Market besides that, but I didn't check.

Since I ran straight from one group who does it to another enemy who does it, I assumed it was fairly common.
It IS common... in Sea Market.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
The Magistrates are fought in Sea Market, and the bounty hunter is the one other enemy I was referring to. I don't think there are any other enemies that do it outside Sea Market besides that, but I didn't check.

It IS common... in Sea Market.
... Yes, that's what I'm saying.
I went from the Sea Market where every single batch of enemies had one or more magistrates in it, to the forest-area where the most common random encounter seems to be the bounty hunter.

So I assumed that since almost every single battle I've fought thus far included people who used collar-control skills, that it was a common skill overall, throughout the entire game.

If that's not the case then this thief-class character might not have to waste her first turn in every battle making sure that she doesn't get oneshotted by a mind-control skill.

swpkmn

Feb 19, 2020
... Yes, that's what I'm saying.
I went from the Sea Market where every single batch of enemies had one or more magistrates in it, to the forest-area where the most common random encounter seems to be the bounty hunter.

So I assumed that since almost every single battle I've fought thus far included people who used collar-control skills, that it was a common skill overall, throughout the entire game.

If that's not the case then this thief-class character might not have to waste her first turn in every battle making sure that she doesn't get oneshotted by a mind-control skill.
The bounty hunters are not random, and only appear on certain panels in certain areas and I believe they do not respawn in a previously encountered area even if you lose. You can identify areas where they can appear in that the music gets quiet when you enter, and the panels they appear on also usually have a tell.

Reactions: Bulbanych

zigzagjacker

Aug 21, 2016
The Slave Trader can spawn in the immediate area just outside Sea Market and to the north, but aside from that, the Laelaps do only have their limited spawns. If you went from one to the other, that's rather fortunate in terms of odds.

Clasified0000

Jun 27, 2017
Heads up one of the 2 main platforms this game is on, itch.io, is effectively demonetizing some adult games on the site with more to likely follow, here's a post talking about it . Though OoG isn't hit yet it might be in the future, especialy with it's DLC on the way which might get attention (The Dev's hoping planning on getting it out this year with the absolute earliest estimate being this summer). If you got it from here and were planning on buying it later but not on steam, now would be a good time.

Last edited:

Lightrunner

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
is there really nothing more than walking around as a random villager until you try to leave and faint in any of the encounters bad ends in mount pleasant? was expecting to at least get fucked by the forestkin if they won, but nope same random person on a random walk just like with the scarecrows and golems

swpkmn

Feb 19, 2020
Where can I find a lockpick?
The Traveller merchant, who can be found in numerous locations, will obtain inventory connected to curing (and sometimes inflicting) statuses as you experience those statuses. In this case, if you have ever experienced a status that need a Lockpick to cure (Collared/Captured/Denial), they will have Lockpicks available for sale.

is there really nothing more than walking around as a random villager until you try to leave and faint in any of the encounters bad ends in mount pleasant? was expecting to at least get fucked by the forestkin if they won, but nope same random person on a random walk just like with the scarecrows and golems
I take it you haven't finished that area yet? The bad end has a meaning, but you need to progress further to understand it.

Last edited:
Reactions: tulbar

Lightrunner

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
The Traveller merchant, who can be found in numerous locations, will obtain inventory connected to curing (and sometimes inflicting) statuses as you experience those statuses. In this case, if you have ever experienced a status that need a Lockpick to cure (Collared/Captured/Denial), they will have Lockpicks available for sale.

I take it you haven't finished that area yet? The bad end has a meaning, but you need to progress further to understand it.
so I may have been right in thinking the maester talked to nicely to lilina

Lightrunner

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
why is not a single shop selling in battle potions, i desperately need some for the maester, thought I beat her with only nuan (severely low on hp) left then she pulls out a third phase and kills nuan resulting in a game over

4.30 star(s) 21 Votes