iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
I think I skipped some dialogue.
Wasn't the blue book/key/orb/whatever supposed to be in the port city? I went there right after leaving the starting city but IIRC the only thing I found there was slavers and the thief character (the governness of that town?) who was brainwashed.
If there's some plot to uncover who brainwashed her, I must have missed it entirely.

I guess I just feel like i'm kinda lacking in direction?

bobbot

May 10, 2018
why is not a single shop selling in battle potions, i desperately need some for the maester, thought I beat her with only nuan (severely low on hp) left then she pulls out a third phase and kills nuan resulting in a game over
have you beat the good doctor yet and got the blue jewel? its not in battle potions but the reward for this when properly used can let you beatstick things to death... or if you want to go the more techical route head to the misty city for some masks that may or may not help depending on use. as for in battle potions i think the dev wanted to prevent players from walleting their way to victory. sometimes fights need an outside the box solution to ballence them in your favor, your foes wont play fair why should you? one thing i did before the changes to the bimbo boss fight was to deibratly zombie my party members (theres a rare drop that does this) then cure them to reset their job much better then trying to deal with the bimbo job. another dirty trick, you know those 3 eyed monsters? they rarely drop tears that inflict status ailments to you, the one that inflicts blank is surprisingly useful against some bosses once you realise the one benifit blank brings. hope some of this is helpful, also dont board the train by acident you will get hoased if you board it too early... but there are some good things in there so risk vs reward.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I think I skipped some dialogue.
Wasn't the blue book/key/orb/whatever supposed to be in the port city? I went there right after leaving the starting city but IIRC the only thing I found there was slavers and the thief character (the governness of that town?) who was brainwashed.
If there's some plot to uncover who brainwashed her, I must have missed it entirely.

I guess I just feel like i'm kinda lacking in direction?
This one's kind of obtuse. Go back to the castle at the start and go to that one obviously traitorous adviser's room. If I'm not mistaken, you should find a letter on her desk inviting her back to the city, which will lead you to the book. I think there might have been a second way to trigger that event, but I forget what it was.

Lightrunner

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
the biggest issue in this game is you don't want to be overpowered or "strong" cuz then you can't enjoy the regular battle's transformation attacks etc. but then you get to a boss and you need to be overpowered or all 8 dies easily or in this case half turn into relics unless i soul gem them, but they'll still be out of combat effectively dead. dunno how many thousands of damage i've dealt on that bitch, but as always i end up with only shitty alisha and lost wizard who i permanently use as magical girl, and of course lilina is useless cuz she's out of the fight the first round, normally in rpg maker games if i end up in such a terrible gameplay situation i just save edit myself to 999 atk beat it and revert to normal after, but somehow the edit's don't affect anything in this one

Lightrunner

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
damn giving nuan the noble mask and making the hard hitting good speed characters faceless maids, allows for a LOT of flame dance attacks, cuz even the faceless maids will use it multiple times according to their agility

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
so is mischief just there to offer xp grinding?
One of her challenges has-- guaranteed as its first fight-- an enemy that would usually be a very rare spawn. This enemy is stronger than most bosses, and drops a very powerful dagger (though I think this dagger might be Dark-elemental so you'll need to work around that when you fight Dark-absorbing demons).
These challenges also allow you to face missable enemies, or refight bosses (and steal comical amounts of money from them). I wonder if this means you can get missable Bad Ends. I forget whether the "wake up back in Mischief's room" thing overrides the usual bad end scripts...

Lightrunner

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Is Hargrave supposed to be unbeatable when she has the black orb? the accept option? cuz she's pretty f*cking overpowered, brainwashing nuan and sable in one turn leaving me with all the useless characters, then killing them, and practically brainwashing a party member every turn. and if you do somehow get her massive hp down she starts a new battle immediately and at that point you only have like 2 characters left, then again the game IS, INCREDIBLY hard, what with the highest single damage i've dealt that wasn't crit was like 328 and that was oiled flame dance, really wish there were actual good weapons, the only good weapons i've gotten was the clubs from the clown cat lady, zweihander and ur something axe, the rest is jsut sword or knife or different weak whips. nothing ever breaks 100 in stat window

heck probably the most useless character, yterre can't even deal above 100 damage, only thing she's good for is ice once or twice then blow away from party so those who can actually fight are there, second worst is prob samona, two characters who only have any use if you sacrifice a party member to be either maid or puppet, ( most are level 8 btw)
Screenshot (64).png

Last edited:

Lightrunner

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Might as well ask. is there any tips on dealing more than 200-300 damage with any character on normal? like is there any other katana for nuan to increase her atk ever? bosses take forever even those that I don't die to, the fights just last long because of such low damage, got lucky with the gambler cuz i got the starting hp reduced massively

Lightrunner

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
noooooooooooooooooooo was getting all weddings, then missing only samona and yterre i accidentally saved instead of loaded the save before marriage, guess i'll never see that then "sigh" was saving the best (yterre) for last too

ACasualTea99

Feb 25, 2022
Might as well ask. is there any tips on dealing more than 200-300 damage with any character on normal? like is there any other katana for nuan to increase her atk ever? bosses take forever even those that I don't die to, the fights just last long because of such low damage, got lucky with the gambler cuz i got the starting hp reduced massively
The bimbo skill "sloppy kiss" scales with passion and does respectable damage to any enemies that don't resist water (e.g. slimes). This skill also is available whenever a character that knows it has her naughty skills available, and has a very low lust cost, so it's worth getting regardless.
Jyla with a pair of the dark daggers from Ripperrella (or whatever, the mist secret boss who you can fight at Mischief's place) does high damage, except against demons and others which resist dark (alternatively, a cowboy hat and pair of spell pistols is also great against all enemy types).
Sable with either the chastity cockring or mating cockring should have high enough passion to open combat with rampage, pair that with a strong weapon (e.g. Mother's blade) and you'll deal solid damage to all enemies on combat start, each time (keep an eye on her lust, though, and weapon damage type applies)
Nuan can get a better katana, look around in Gambler's library with Nuan in the party armed with her starter katana.
If you want damage and don't care as much about defense, the orc class will give you a boost, I'd recommend the calming cockrings so that they don't rage (this also allows them to wear things like the spider silk armor without issue)
If you don't mind sacrificing party members, Nuan's and Samona's dice forms (improved, ideally (and it might be Yterre not Samona)) can be rolled multiple times per turn, with Nuan's favoring single target physical damage, and Samona's (Ytterre's?) hitting all enemies with strong magic. These dice also hit enemies normally immune to a given damage type (Annie's shadow clones, possessing spirits which ignore physical, etc.)

Lightrunner

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
what kind of holy item is needed to cure true corruption? the game says you need some type of holy item other than holy water as it evaporates in demon spire

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
Is Hargrave supposed to be unbeatable when she has the black orb? the accept option? cuz she's pretty f*cking overpowered, brainwashing nuan and sable in one turn leaving me with all the useless characters, then killing them, and practically brainwashing a party member every turn. and if you do somehow get her massive hp down she starts a new battle immediately and at that point you only have like 2 characters left, then again the game IS, INCREDIBLY hard, what with the highest single damage i've dealt that wasn't crit was like 328 and that was oiled flame dance, really wish there were actual good weapons, the only good weapons i've gotten was the clubs from the clown cat lady, zweihander and ur something axe, the rest is jsut sword or knife or different weak whips. nothing ever breaks 100 in stat window

heck probably the most useless character, yterre can't even deal above 100 damage, only thing she's good for is ice once or twice then blow away from party so those who can actually fight are there, second worst is prob samona, two characters who only have any use if you sacrifice a party member to be either maid or puppet, ( most are level 8 btw)
You can block enemies from brainwashing your allies... by brainwashing your allies yourself with the Obedience spell. Lilina can learn this, and anyone else with Magic in their base class can learn it via the Copy Princess class. When Lilina reaches Lv10, she learns a stronger partywide version: Royal Edict. It's one of the most powerful moves in the game just because it blocks brainwashes on all three of her teammates.

Yterre is crucial in Hardmode's earlygame since Hardmode Nuan is not reachable (nor affordable) to the player at the start of the game, and Hardmode Jyla can easily defeat a party of three. Yterre can be recruited without a fight, which is just enough to tip the scales and win against Jyla. After that, though, it might be sad that Annie does her job better. Still, Yterre can use Magic, so she can use Obedience and Empower even when no maids are present.
Also, I'm not sure why you think Maids are weak? There's a very powerful Maid-exclusive weapon available in Hargrave Castle, and Maids have a 3-hit attack skill. They can also use the Ripper's Knife, which has the same Attack power (but not all the other stat bonuses).
1684370236764.png

Samona was very powerful to my recollection. Perhaps you haven't received her upgrades from one of the "abandoned" houses at West Beach. With that upgrade, she can have two instances of Flamethrower (one from JP, one equipped as an Attachment), both with 4 charges (she has passives that add charges to Puppet skills), and empowered by the Ruby Mage-Ring. On top of that, the upgrade from that house also unlocks new things for her workbench.
1684369733871.png
Look at this. Lilina can now open a battle with both Mass Barrier and Royal Edict, is immune to Lust and Brainwash effects because she's a puppet, and can spend her turns either healing twice or attacking twice (with more Attack than Nuan, and more than double the HP!) or doing both once each. This is with Samona at Lv7; puppets would match her level, but she has a passive that adds 3 more levels to puppets.

1684371469031.png
You could also have Nuan herself be a puppet and use Dirge (learned as a Skeleton Warrior) + Flame Dance in the same turn. Or Dirge+Dirge to bring her CP to near-max in one turn. Or Dirge+Drain to generate CP at the cost of HP, and then steal some HP from the enemy to replenish it.

Shukketsu

Nov 19, 2017
I have a Problem. I have beaten the Orc Queen and taken over the Taba-whats it called, but they don't let me get into the Queen Chamber to get the Red Tome. What am I missing?

Jul 4, 2021

You could also use soul smithing on Jyla's soul gem which produces 2 weapons and allows for the bearer to attack twice at once, allowing both Nuan and Sable to attack twice, upping their damage. Or alternatively you could make it so Lilina attacks three times, up to you.

Also there is a setting in options which drastically speeds up attack animations.

BigSaltDeluxe

Nov 6, 2020
When you can put a party member into a soulgem, there is a golem in the museum to the right of sea market that you can put them in.

4.30 star(s) 21 Votes