Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
This short guide tells you all the different ways to get the potions, only one of them being to buy them.

I thought I posted it previously, but I'll post it again:

TL: DR is basically you can talk the guy down to just 100 pryde if you have enough charisma so you don't have to sell as much, steal them for free from the chest if you have enough agility (PRO-TIP: Take off your heavy armor if you're wearing it before stealing for a boost), or just fight him and take them from his corpse like the big dick chad you are.
That's the thing, without knowing the conditions before meeting him, a new player will quite easily be put in an impass. Which is what happened to me the first time, not enough cash, not enough agility, and once the gear is sold too weak to survive the fight. The fact it could be stolen was also not obvious at all. I eventually just edited the save and gave me cash to be able to continue.

It would also be nice for scenes to be unlocked if they do not depend on a fight, since the game's in RPGM, it means we've got to replay everything from scratch and hope to pick the right choices to see alternative scenes, without being able to skip, this can become quite... bothersome, especially if the game becomes bigger with a lot more scenes and choices.

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
That's the thing, without knowing the conditions before meeting him, a new player will quite easily be put in an impass. Which is what happened to me the first time, not enough cash, not enough agility, and once the gear is sold too weak to survive the fight. The fact it could be stolen was also not obvious at all. I eventually just edited the save and gave me cash to be able to continue.

It would also be nice for scenes to be unlocked if they do not depend on a fight, since the game's in RPGM, it means we've got to replay everything from scratch and hope to pick the right choices to see alternative scenes, without being able to skip, this can become quite... bothersome, especially if the game becomes bigger with a lot more scenes and choices.
"The fact it could be stolen from was not obvious at all."
There's an explanation point over the chest which you can steal from. Its literally blinking.

You have 25 save slots, all of which can be used at any time you have control. You're more than free to use them to reload if you'd like to make different choices or if you believe you've messed up somehow. You do not need to "restart everything from scratch."

"A new player will be quite easily be put in an impass." No, you and a few token others were "put at an impass" because you didn't pay attention and were too lazy to dare try something, and defaulted to cheating. You didn't even bother to lower the difficulty level and trying the fight before editing your file. If you're that quick to give up, there's nothing I can do for you. Stop whining.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
"The fact it could be stolen from was not obvious at all."
There's an explanation point over the chest which you can steal from. Its literally blinking.
And it appears in front of the merchant that way. Hence, leading to think the only interaction point is the merchant.

You have 25 save slots, all of which can be used at any time you have control. You're more than free to use them to reload if you'd like to make different choices or if you believe you've messed up somehow. You do not need to "restart everything from scratch."
Do you realize the stupidity of that statement? If you have let's say 4 choices, each with 4 choices as well, that's already 16 slots. The time needed just to continue with each updates becomes near impossible. Try BADIK with only 3 routes (chicks, diks and neutral), and see the result. The bigger the game is, the more choices there are, the more near impossible it is to do everything or even keep track of which choices were picked.

"A new player will be quite easily be put in an impass." No, you and a few token others were "put at an impass" because you didn't pay attention and were too lazy to dare try something, and defaulted to cheating. You didn't even bother to lower the difficulty level and trying the fight before editing your file. If you're that quick to give up, there's nothing I can do for you. Stop whining.
I cheated on my third run, which was already putting me nearly 2hours in because I could not skip what was already seen, so yes, I cheated, bite me.
Not knowing which stats to which level will be required, is not the player's fault. You simply can not know the conditions, and since this happens fairly early on, and there are 0 activity to correct any miss, yes, a new player can get stuck if the agility and combat are too low. In case you haven't noticed, there are more than two options to level, and ending up under 20 for the only two actually useful at that event, is dead easy. If this happens this early on, I dread to think what will happen when the game will required 50+ skill checks.

I can pretty much guarantee that a large chunk of players will simply edit their stats, rather than replay everything from scratch once the game gets lengthier, the time needed tio redo everything, is simply not worth it, it is after all, just a game.

goditseb

Apr 28, 2017
If you came for Bestiality, unfortunately its just Anthropomorphic ( Tiger looking guy )

Najsik

Sep 15, 2019
You're not railroaded.

Your stats aren't preassigned. Everything starts at a base of 15, and you choose where to put all your stats in after that. No real checks (This isn't including the two tutorial checks which auto-pass in the Palace) occur before you have a chance to assign your first stat points.

No check needs to be made to progress, especially not the ones before the arena. That agility check just makes it so you don't take an extra hit at the start of combat (In one of the easiest encounters in the game). And the Wisdom check is for bonus information that isn't vital to the story or progression.

And yes, if you choose to put your stats into non-combative attributes, you won't be as good at combat. No, you can't be good at everything. No, you can't pass every check. What you choose to spec in matters in what you will and will not be able to do. That's by design, which is why stat checks lead to either optional bonuses or there's multiple different ways to proceed utilizing different stats and choices. Heck, you can even SKIP most of the the arena period.

So no. I know for a fact you're not being railroaded, especially during the Arena segment.
I actually didnt miss any stats check (except chest in arena pit and taking the girl by force) every other stat check can be passed

Reactions: Onodpiro

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
The plot is fantastic.
But we need more MC content instead of voyeur content.
There are currently 3 scenes with MC. and 4 scenes where MC is peeping at other men having sex.
1 or 2 of those seem quite clear that they are going to be future waifus.

• Red Heart
Reactions: YoungNutty

YoungNutty

Jan 31, 2020
Maybe I am missing something here, but how am I supposed to buy the potions to heal the fighter in the arena at the beginning?

I've got no money, and If I sell my gear, I get destroyed in the fights after since the price is too high even when selling everything :S
beta pay for potion, giggachad(me) takes what i want by force(that didnt sound as good as i imagined it)

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
beta pay for potion, giggachad(me) takes what i want by force(that didnt sound as good as i imagined it)
The problem I had was I had to sell my gear to buy the first potion.
Once that is done, you're fucked in the fight. I just don't understand where to get money for the first potion without having to sell the gear the MC's wearing.

Which is why I thought maybe I was missing something there. It seemed pretty weird to be stuck having to sell your gear to have some money.

Reifon

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, I think I'm gonna take that scene out, so the player doesn't have to kill Rapto and he can be involved in something later. Sheva also comes off as a bit more bloodthirsty than intended in that scene as well (The optional gangbang associated it with it I also have a spot that it can be easily moved to, so it should all work out).
Please keep the option to kill that fat guy, I don't think that fat guy is a good guy, if he is, why would he make MC a slave and send him to the battlefield?

He can bring MC back to his place, I believe MC will benefit him, so NO

He's just a selfish person, that's not helping the MC, just picking up a useful reserve slave, I don't think Sheva is bloodthirsty, that's how it should be in that era, isn't it?

But you can make her lines a little more tactful, after all it is Sheva's decision to go to bed with a fat man, she doesn't have to do it

Reactions: Onodpiro

Lautheron

May 29, 2021
Touché on that, but 2 things. 1) VtM:B was expertly paced and really not stingy with the XP 2) We could assign stats from scratch during new game.

In this case, I have a character with preassigned stats that must assign his first level up in wisdom and agility (or not wear any armor) to be able to make the checks before the arena. And if he makes the checks, that probably means he is a combat wimp.

I don't know I just felt railroaded and I really despise that.
I gotta say the first chapter DEFINITELY does not force you to pick anything and every build is viable. Apart from very interesting and draconian setting that's why i loved about the game. You have a lot of valid choices on how to aproach on literally everything. If it fails, just experiment, look around. Try something different.

Can't say the same for the second chapter, as i voiced my opinion earlier. I believe author wishes to do the same but there's only so much that one can do so there will be compromises, eventually. Branching storylines especially in early game can be a nightmare to manage later on.
While i said it's not giving much freedom when it comes to choices on second chapter, it still allows you to take differen approaches on many encounters. You can talk, fight, or sneak your way out.

Yet from what we see so far i only see a great game. So keeping an open mind on some shortcomings and enjoying the ride might be rewarding. If not, not every game is for everyone.

Also fuck Sheva. Not literally :p (While she is actually a great character, any intelligent and ruthless, (AND ALSO a moral one :S) player characters does not have any reason to keep her around :p- Which is also just my opinion)

Last edited:
Reactions: scrooloose123

Lautheron

May 29, 2021
Also about cheating, if you do it, fine. It's your time and it's your game. But it's not needed at all, to progress.

Lautheron

May 29, 2021
Please keep the option to kill that fat guy, I don't think that fat guy is a good guy, if he is, why would he make MC a slave and send him to the battlefield?

He can bring MC back to his place, I believe MC will benefit him, so NO

He's just a selfish person, that's not helping the MC, just picking up a useful reserve slave, I don't think Sheva is bloodthirsty, that's how it should be in that era, isn't it?

But you can make her lines a little more tactful, after all it is Sheva's decision to go to bed with a fat man, she doesn't have to do it
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reifon

Nov 7, 2017
I'm sorry but MC said he'd rather die didn't he?
I don't think your opinion is wrong, it just doesn't suit me, that's just my understanding, in my opinion MC would rather he give him to his father, that's just another death, he was already half dead.
So I still won't let the fat man go, of course you can do it, I just want to keep the original option, because I don't want to do that.
I also don't like what Sheva does. Sheva's behavior from the very beginning when she and MC first met was very problematic. She easily went to other people's bed to keep warm. I don't think that's very pleasing.
It has nothing to do with Sheva, no matter whether Sheva appears or not, I still just want to kill Rapto, just like you want Rapto to survive, I also hope that I can kill him, so I hope to keep the option of killing him (of course you can let it go he).

Last edited:
Reactions: dav3knight

Lautheron

May 29, 2021
I'm sorry but MC said he'd rather die didn't he?
I don't think your opinion is wrong, it just doesn't suit me, that's just my understanding, in my opinion MC would rather he give him to his father, that's just another death, he was already half dead.
So I still won't let the fat man go, of course you can do it, I just want to keep the original option, because I don't want to do that.
I also don't like what Sheva does. Sheva's behavior from the very beginning when she and MC first met was very problematic. She easily went to other people's bed to keep warm. I don't think that's very pleasing.
It has nothing to do with Sheva, no matter whether Sheva appears or not, I still just want to kill Rapto, just like you want Rapto to survive, I also hope that I can kill him, so I hope to keep the option of killing him (of course you can let it go he).
Let's keep heavy spoilers within spoilers :D

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 16 Votes