rityou

Apr 19, 2020
Go to "Game Modes" in the Pause Menu and uncheck "Safe Mode".

That should let you open the Gallery again.
The safe mode option is already unchecked but some of the scenes were locked when launching the new game again and clicking on the reset gallery option. I would like to unlock all gallery scenes and have completed the game. Could you share the full save file or mod to unlock the scenes?

• Angry
Reactions: Young Griff

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Judging from the answers, I take it it'll be impossible to romance all the girls at once. Or even several, for that matter? I saved Awiti in the forest, then reloaded to save her during the raid. But after the raid, she's nowhere to be seen. Now I learn that since my MC had sex with Sheva in the cave, her path has already been locked. That means the only sensible choice is to let Awiti die during the raid... which goes against what players pursing pure paths might want.

Evelyn wants to save people, so you want to save Awiti to please Evelyn (and keep a LI alive), but you actually shouldn't? You want to show Sheva it's possible to both have morals and power, but you do so by letting Awiti die? The "correct" choice is to show you're not like the rest from Dawn by showing you're just like the rest from Dawn, which is what will make the girls like you?? Letting her die during the raid is a bit different, but players who've so far been shown that pure paths require them to save people will continue to do so and reload to save Awiti. Which is what they shouldn't be doing this time...

In fact, even for players looking for a harem or corruption, it doesn't make much sense. For either, you want to screw all the girls, but to do so you have to let one of them die?? And that's without mentioning MC's sister who will inevitably want a relationship with him. That's already going to cause conflicts.

I don't know, sounds like different ideas sounding good on their own, mashed together without sufficient thought going into them, resulting in an odd, weird and conter-intuitive outcome that doesn't make much sense.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And since I've done the other 2 girls (Deneve having no content so far anyway)... might as well tackle Sheva too. Unlike others, I think Sheva is rather fine so far. The one thing I'd absolutely "change" is adding an option for players to interrupt the sexy time with Slug Lord. It's not like she hasn't established her character as being willing to do anything already. A small interruption, Sheva acting scared that the men would find out... easy to write a way out of this scene for players who'd rather not have it. Doesn't change her character, merely provides another option to satisfy players who'd rather their girl (or future girl, in this case) not shove a dick in her orifices that isn't theirs.

• Thinking Face

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
Judging from the answers, I take it it'll be impossible to romance all the girls at once. Or even several, for that matter? I saved Awiti in the forest, then reloaded to save her during the raid. But after the raid, she's nowhere to be seen. Now I learn that since my MC had sex with Sheva in the cave, her path has already been locked. That means the only sensible choice is to let Awiti die during the raid... which goes against what players pursing pure paths might want.

Evelyn wants to save people, so you want to save Awiti to please Evelyn (and keep a LI alive), but you actually shouldn't? You want to show Sheva it's possible to both have morals and power, but you do so by letting Awiti die? The "correct" choice is to show you're not like the rest from Dawn by showing you're just like the rest from Dawn, which is what will make the girls like you?? Letting her die during the raid is a bit different, but players who've so far been shown that pure paths require them to save people will continue to do so and reload to save Awiti. Which is what they shouldn't be doing this time...

In fact, even for players looking for a harem or corruption, it doesn't make much sense. For either, you want to screw all the girls, but to do so you have to let one of them die?? And that's without mentioning MC's sister who will inevitably want a relationship with him. That's already going to cause conflicts.

I don't know, sounds like different ideas sounding good on their own, mashed together without sufficient thought going into them, resulting in an odd, weird and conter-intuitive outcome that doesn't make much sense.

And since I've done the other 2 girls (Deneve having no content so far anyway)... might as well tackle Sheva too. Unlike others, I think Sheva is rather fine so far. The one thing I'd absolutely "change" is adding an option for players to interrupt the sexy time with Slug Lord. It's not like she hasn't established her character as being willing to do anything already. A small interruption, Sheva acting scared that the men would find out... easy to write a way out of this scene for players who'd rather not have it. Doesn't change her character, merely provides another option to satisfy players who'd rather their girl (or future girl, in this case) not shove a dick in her orifices that isn't theirs.
All that text and I honestly still don't know how you're reaching the conclusions that you are. I think you're making it out to be more complicated than it really is.

For example, I don't know how you arrive at the conclusion that saving Awiti ISN'T the pure path? I thought it'd be one of the more obvious good options in the whole game. Is this because
Yes, Awiti doesn't want to be with someone whose having casual sex with other women. She kind of just straight out tells you this. Not to mention,
is not the pure path for her. Again, Sheva straight up tells you this. You don't need to have sex with Sheva to romance her. In fact, casual sex hurts your chances to get the pure romance ending with Sheva.

Also, a lot of what you said is just wrong, so I don't think you're paying attention. Awiti is not distanced from you after saving her life. She becomes very comfortable, forthcoming, and agreeable with you because (by saving her) you show you're not a dick like the other Dawnish. She tells you her whole life story in the cave for God's sake. And yes, she did come from a family that's against violence. However, she's also come to accept (from both her experience and player choice) that violence is inescapable. Hence why she wants to learn how to fight, so she doesn't have to be a slave anymore. That's her arc, AKA her "point".

I feel like you skipped a lot of Awiti's dialogue in the cave. If that's the case, then that's on you. If you choose to ignore a character, then yeah, I don't expect you to have strong feelings for her.

As for Evelyn, I make it a point she's inexperienced, impressionable, and naive. So yes, making more corrupted choices and showing her that being corrupted works, will make her revaluate her own morals. She's lived her life very strictly for so long thinking that's the only way to live. By making the "bad" choices, you're showing her that there's other ways to experience the world. This is what gets her to open up to new ideas. This is the point made by Sheva herself in their scene together.

And again, you're not paying attention. Evelyn mentions multiple times, even before she turns corrupted, that she "finds Sheva fascinating". Read between the lines. She finds Sheva fascinating, they're constantly tense and going back and forth:
Yes, she's attracted to Sheva. I don't understand your point about comfort zones and voyeurism either. Her voyeurism DOES contribute to her corruption variable. She DOES establish her comfort zone with Sheva by telling her to go easy and only pushing her limits a bit at a time. Her dialogue will progressively change based off how many corrupted choices you've made. I've covered all these bases. And your advice about how her "path should be locked" just shows you're not really understanding how this game works. Evelyn doesn't have a single "sex" path the player can do (Few characters do. Most female characters you can have sex with through multiple means). Evelyn has three paths. The one where you ignore her, the pure path, and the corruption path. The pure and corruption path can both lead to sex with her, but its different kinds of sexual acts and much different contexts.

As for Sheva, sure, you're not a fan of NTR. I get it, some people aren't. Its why I put it in the tags, and I don't even label it "optional" anymore. However, I have to disagree with you again. There's no other scene that really shows Sheva TAKING ACTION to be cutthroat. She talks a big game and will push the player to make those kind of decisions, but doesn't do that much actual skeeving outside of that. That scene with Rapto is her introduction. It sets her initial foundation.

I think your confusion all stems from your initial idea that you should be able to bang every character in one single playthrough. In that case, you're correct, you will not be able to do that. You CAN pursue and have sex with multiple of them in a single playthrough, and yes, you can even have a harem (Again, I've already made this apparent in earlier posts. Ones not too old either, so again, you're free to read). Not every women will want to be in this harem, however.

I appreciate the feedback and the time you took to think about the characters. But I think you've lost the plot, and you won't accuse me of not putting thought into my work when you're the one whose skipped dialogue. And I find it especially ridiculous you think I should remove a character just because you don't care about her and ignored her. You see, that's the beauty of actually having meaningful choices with consequences. You can ignore certain characters completely.

Last edited:

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
Honestly, its posts like Solak's that make me want to finish the game even faster.

A lot of false assumptions, and that is on me. That's the responsibility I take for choosing to develop in early access.

Don't worry, everyone! Not much longer to go!

• Red Heart
Reactions: DarknessDai

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
Honestly, its posts like Solak's that make me want to finish the game even faster.

A lot of false assumptions, and that is on me. That's the responsibility I take for choosing to develop in early access.

Don't worry, everyone! Not much longer to go!
i don't agree with this , people will post stuff and complain about stuff even if they don't exist , i just have advice for you , let the people discuss what they want and do what you want , don't rush the game or feel the need to overwork yourself to prove his false assumption wrong , lots will come with false stuff / complain about other stuff , other people will love your stuff , as dev just ignore it and work the game you want don't ever listen to anyone and change for them because you will lose yourself in making that , so let them make their assumption , work the game you want people who liked your game will play , praise it , and who didn't they will just leave , sorry for making this long lol

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
i don't agree with this , people will post stuff and complain about stuff even if they don't exist , i just have advice for you , let the people discuss what they want and do what you want , don't rush the game or feel the need to overwork yourself to prove his false assumption wrong , lots will come with false stuff / complain about other stuff , other people will love your stuff , as dev just ignore it and work the game you want don't ever listen to anyone and change for them because you will lose yourself in making that , so let them make their assumption , work the game you want people who liked your game will play , praise it , and who didn't they will just leave , sorry for making this long lol
I appreciate it, Darkness! And don't worry, while I'm always willing to accept and incorporate feedback, it won't ever go against my own vision for the game.

And don't worry about your post either. It wasn't long! I mean, just look at the books Solak and I are sending lol

• Red Heart
Reactions: DarknessDai

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
First off, cut it with the condescending tone. You want constructive feedback, take it and address it properly. You may disagree with my concerns, but there are already 2 wrong things with your approach:
  • you're not trying to actually understand my point of view, you're settled in your own and I'm in the wrong for not sharing yours
  • reacting in a defensive way like you're doing and talking down to people is the best way for them not to care about you nor your game
For the 2nd point, I almost talked to a friend about your game, to tell him to check it out. Now I certainly won't.

No matter, I dislike leaving matters unfinished so moving on.

" Honestly, its posts like Solak's that make me want to finish the game even faster.
A lot of false assumptions, and that is on me. That's the responsibility I take for choosing to develop in early access. "

Yes, look at me. I'm so evil for providing my thoughts in a constructive manner for a game in early access.

Last edited:

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
"This game doesn't even make it clear there's different paths for each girl."

This is why I'm not taking your feedback seriously. I literally have pop-ups for every decision saying that characters will remember this, I have pop-ups saying that "Evelyn is changing" when she goes down the corruption path, the arcs for each character I can't write any more obviously without treating the player like they're an idiot (Which I will NEVER do).

You're not paying attention. You're taking pre-conceived notions and running with them.

I did address your feedback properly, I wrote you an entire book. You're mad that I disagree and that I stated why. I tried to understand, but your points made no sense since they're all stemming from, "I should be able to bang everyone in one play through" which isn't how this game works.

Its not defensive to explain when someone's blatantly wrong about something. If I didn't respond to your post at all, new players may think what you're saying is true. I cannot let false information go unchecked.

Part of being a good developer is understanding what feedback works and what does not. You can ask plenty of the regulars here that I happily went back and changed, removed, and added scenes that needed to be because I got something wrong. Just look at the whole discussion about the old Rapto/Sheva climax that has since been removed.

Not only is your feedback disingenuous because its coming from a place of misunderstanding, but its also not feedback. You want me to change what the game is, not make it better. You want me to cater to the more stereotypical practice of every NPC either joining the harem, everyone being pure, or everyone being corrupted. You know, the thing that's been done to death in this genre. I chose to make my characters a bit deeper than just "Harem member 1".

Now, if you don't like that, that's completely fine. There's plenty of games you can play instead. But I'm not going to change that. And no, no one called you evil. But you do sound a bit ridiculous.

Have a good day.

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Well, good to know I've spent 2 hours typing constructive criticism addressing various flaws for nothing. Your latest reply addresses none of it. All you're spouting are dismissive personal attacks about how I have preconceptions and whatnot.

"You can have a harem but you can't bang everyone" is nonsensical. You can shift character X's morals but not character Y's. All this after posts in the beginning where you assured that only one character would ever show an interest in someone other than MC, and even then MC can stop it. And you also assured that MC wouldn't try to mindbreak the LIs. Hah! How quickly YOUR own stance has changed, eh? I'm not the only one who's voiced similar concerns, but we're all in the wrong I guess.

Like I said, you do you. I've got plenty of other things to do. If you don't want to actually cater to your target audience and continue behaving like a prick, feel free to. One less game in my drive won't change my life. At least I tried. But now, I'm out.

Last edited:
  • Hey there

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
Well, good to know I've spend 2 hours typing constructive criticism addressing various flaws for nothing. Your latest reply addresses none of it. All you're spouting are dismissive personal attacks about how I have preconceptions and whatnot. "You can have a harem but you can't bang everyone" is nonsensical. You can shift character X's morals but nor character Y's. All this after posts in the beginning where you assured that only one character would ever show an interest in someone other than MC, and even then MC can stop it. And you also assured that MC wouldn't try to mindbreak the LIs. Hah! How quickly YOUR own stance has changed, eh? I'm not the only one who's voiced similar concerns, but we're all in the wrong I guess.

Like I said, you do you. I've got plenty of other things to do. If you don't want to actually cater to your target audience and continue behaving like a prick, feel free to. One less game in my drive won't change my life. At least I tried. But now, I'm out.
"You can have a harem but you can't bang everyone is nonsensical". Are these the types of "arguments" you want me to address?

"You can shift character X's morals but not character Y's". Name these characters. You can change Shevas, Evelyns, Awitis, Naivas, Deneves, and several future characters morals. They all have arcs, or at the very least will change their opinion on the MC based off your actions. Only character opinions you can't change are your sister and Priscilla...because they already adore you. Not to mention, game's still not finished yet. You do not get to see the completion of these character's arcs/changes yet. Evelyn and Awiti are the quickest to change, while Sheva takes a little more time. This obviously doesn't mean some characters can change while others can't (Though that's not even that ridiculous. In reality, not everyone changes), but some characters change faster than others. This is why I made my post about finishing the game, so I can finally put an end to these assumptions.

You got me on "All this after posts in the beginning where you assured that only one character would ever show an interest in someone other than MC, and even then MC can stop it." But in my defense, I didn't expect people to have an issue with lesbians. Especially since the player will be able to have a threesome with those two anyway, and the lesbian scene is supposed to lead into that.

"And you also assured that MC wouldn't try to mindbreak the LIs." He doesn't. Tell me when that happens. Do you mean Evelyn's corruption? She doesn't get mind broken, nor will she. She changes based off her own free will due to seeing other perspectives. Only other example I can think of could be Naiva, but she's not mind broken either. She only gets depressed if her best friend dies under your watch.

This is what I mean by your preconceived notions. You automatically associate "corruption" = "mindbreak", "harem" = "bang everyone on one playthrough". That's not a "personal attack" (You're actually the only person using ad hom). That's what you're doing. You're saying the game is flawed because its not the game you want it to be. You came in expecting one thing, and its not. That's fine, and your fine to not want to play it.

Its not fine for you to claim its wrong, demand changes, and spread false information.

No, you're not my target audience. Your complaints have made that clear. Yes, you are the only person who has made the complaints you have. I can only think of one other conversation about the paths, and I cleared that up, and everything was understood. You're the only person whose voiced confusion to this degree.

"Ha! How quickly YOUR own stance has changed." Yes. Its Early Access. Things change. I've said as so everywhere around the game. On this page, on all pages, and in the game itself. But sick burn, anon.

EDIT: Hey, this conversation finally got me to member status :D

Last edited:
Reactions: sonhot

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
Well, good to know I've spent 2 hours typing constructive criticism addressing various flaws for nothing. Your latest reply addresses none of it. All you're spouting are dismissive personal attacks about how I have preconceptions and whatnot.

"You can have a harem but you can't bang everyone" is nonsensical. You can shift character X's morals but not character Y's. All this after posts in the beginning where you assured that only one character would ever show an interest in someone other than MC, and even then MC can stop it. And you also assured that MC wouldn't try to mindbreak the LIs. Hah! How quickly YOUR own stance has changed, eh? I'm not the only one who's voiced similar concerns, but we're all in the wrong I guess.

bro if you don't like the game just leave

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Just finished game, fun little run, everyones talking about girl paths when I can only think about the issue of reagents/overprevalence of debuffs....

Seriously what is it with 90% of new rpgm games and this? I dont neccesarily fault Griff as I appreciate what he's put together- but specifically the overoccurence of debuff enemies combined with poor tools for remedy is shockingly commonplace in these games.

Either make bandages dirt cheap or enemies less likely to have bleed modifiers on attack.

Same with infections/poisons - either fewer hit % enemies, or give the healer girl a stock cleanse (and even with the talent, unless I'm missing something, Life-Lillys are in super short supply).

Losing fights is fine, and part of the game. Walking around with entire party at 1 hp because almost every mob has a dot debuff they use multiple times per fight isn't fun.

Anyway, aside from that I enjoyed it, look forward to where this goes!

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
Just finished game, fun little run, everyones talking about girl paths when I can only think about the issue of reagents/overprevalence of debuffs....

Seriously what is it with 90% of new rpgm games and this? I dont neccesarily fault Griff as I appreciate what he's put together- but specifically the overoccurence of debuff enemies combined with poor tools for remedy is shockingly commonplace in these games.

Either make bandages dirt cheap or enemies less likely to have bleed modifiers on attack.

Same with infections/poisons - either fewer hit % enemies, or give the healer girl a stock cleanse (and even with the talent, unless I'm missing something, Life-Lillys are in super short supply).

Losing fights is fine, and part of the game. Walking around with entire party at 1 hp because almost every mob has a dot debuff they use multiple times per fight isn't fun.

Anyway, aside from that I enjoyed it, look forward to where this goes!
I appreciate your time, Johnny! Glad you enjoyed it!

You'll be happy to know I lowered the chance or removed the chance of enemies inflicting debuffs on characters, as well as adding more bandages and healing items to certain areas. So, all should be good in future updates!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
I had played this game back at the first (0.31) release last year, and gave it a 5 star review. Shortly after that I unfortunately lost my saves for a few games including it, so I waited until it got a bunch of updates to play it again from the beginning. Now that I have done so (which took me four and a half hours) I have to say that the game still deserves that rating! Awesome work dev! Hope you continue working on this one and continue its "Golden Age Bioware" style :).

here are a few suggestions. Some of them are old suggestions with modifications, and some are new:

-make the checks RNG based with a percentage depending on how close you are to the needed number, like many WRPGs do. That way people who are a couple points away from passing actually have a high chance to pass instead of no chance. If you are worried about savescumming then make it partial RNG, so that if you are too far away from the optimal number (less than a 50% chance for example) you can't do it period. That way the player who has 23 guile and requires 24 won't be annoyed that that one number made it impossible. It even fits more logically.

-The numbers of CE next to the health of the characters in the main menu and the numbers in the talent trees differ for some reason.
Also, in the talent trees please color the talents that we have already acquired a different color, so that it is immediately clear which ones we already obtained and which ones we haven't obtained yet, thus removing any possible confusion.

-Add the option for us to say one line upon meeting our dad, while he is still in shock before he declares the attack. That moment would feel more impactful that way.

-add more dialog options to the initial interactions with the slavers, so that their initial attitude towards you changes a little depending on how you treated them when you were a free man (maybe they give you a blanket in the ship for example).

-Give Deneve at least one attack talent that doesn't require an item to use, as she currently is useless in attacking when she doesn't have her items, and they aren't exactly plentiful.

-If your combatant loses and you make the challenge and win the new grand champion is completely forgotten about for some reason, even though you just enslaved his master which makes you his master's master, so he should have come back with you too.
On that note though, I think you should change it so that even in that scenario (and even if you kill your opponent) you would actually gain the new grand champion as a slave directly, similar to what your opponent would have gained in the reverse situation. That has many benefits, as first the reward of victory would be much bigger (as you would still be the grand champion's master despite your guy being killed, which is pretty damn impressive) and more importantly that would very much help you in telling the future story, as you would be guaranteed to have someone playing the role that your current grand champion will play in supporting you in either branch of the story. Of course you will need to convince/bribe/etc this new guy to support you, but you will probably need to do the same to your current guy if you didn't treat him that well. So either way having a person playing the role of "grand champion who will help you reclaim your house (after you convince him/bribe him/etc if need be) in both branches of the story will be a way better choice I think.

That is everything I can think of for now. Once again, great work on this awesome game :).

Last edited:

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
I had played this game back at the first (0.31) release last year, and gave it a 5 star review. Shortly after that I unfortunately lost my saves for a few games including it, so I waited until it got a bunch of updates to play it again from the beginning. Now that I have done so (which took me four and a half hours) I have to say that the game still deserves that rating! Awesome work dev! Hope you continue working on this one and continue its "Golden Age Bioware" style :).

here are a few suggestions. Some of them are old suggestions with modifications, and some are new:

-make the checks RNG based with a percentage depending on how close you are to the needed number, like many WRPGs do. That way people who are a couple points away from passing actually have a high chance to pass instead of no chance. If you are worried about savescumming then make it partial RNG, so that if you are too far away from the optimal number (less than a 50% chance for example) you can't do it period. That way the player who has 23 guile and requires 24 won't be annoyed that that one number made it impossible. It even fits more logically.

-The numbers of CE next to the health of the characters in the main menu and the numbers in the talent trees differ for some reason.
Also, in the talent trees please color the talents that we have already acquired a different color, so that it is immediately clear which ones we already obtained and which ones we haven't obtained yet, thus removing any possible confusion.

-Add the option for us to say one line upon meeting our dad, while he is still in shock before he declares the attack. That moment would feel more impactful that way.

-add more dialog options to the initial interactions with the slavers, so that their initial attitude towards you changes a little depending on how you treated them when you were a free man (maybe they give you a blanket in the ship for example).

-Give Deneve at least one attack talent that doesn't require an item to use, as she currently is useless in attacking when she doesn't have her items, and they aren't exactly plentiful.

-If your combatant loses and you make the challenge and win the new grand champion is completely forgotten about for some reason, even though you just enslaved his master which makes you his master's master, so he should have come back with you too.
On that note though, I think you should change it so that even in that scenario (and even if you kill your opponent) you would actually gain the new grand champion as a slave directly, similar to what your opponent would have gained in the reverse situation. That has many benefits, as first the reward of victory would be much bigger (as you would still be the grand champion's master despite your guy being killed, which is pretty damn impressive) and more importantly that would very much help you in telling the future story, as you would be guaranteed to have someone playing the role that your current grand champion will play in supporting you in either branch of the story. Of course you will need to convince/bribe/etc this new guy to support you, but you will probably need to do the same to your current guy if you didn't treat him that well. So either way having a person playing the role of "grand champion who will help you reclaim your house (after you convince him/bribe him/etc if need be) in both branches of the story will be a way better choice I think.

That is everything I can think of for now. Once again, great work on this awesome game :).
Hey, FFTW! Glad to see you back and even more glad to hear my game still holds up!

All of your ideas are solid, especially your proposition on how the checks should work. My original concern with making it RNG based was in fact save-scumming essentially nullifying it, but I like your proposal of having a sort of threshold! That's a very intelligent fix!

Thanks again for the great feedback and suggestions!

• Red Heart
Reactions: FFTW
4.50 star(s) 16 Votes