Nightwing94

May 1, 2017
ffs i held the space bar and the game overwrote my current and only save before the cave fight and i kept losing/cant get past. anyone got a save before or after that

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
In light of how often this issue is brought up, I've decided to add in an option for the player to stop Sheva from sleeping with fat bastard Rapto. The option to let her sleep with him will still be available for those that want it as well
I guess I'll try the game when that option is implemented

More spoilers!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So the only way to avoid lesbian sex between Sheva and Evelyn is not to corrupt the latter. I guess that's what I do then, I'd rather lose a LI than have lesbian sex scenes and threesomes where the LIs have lesbian sex.

Reactions: Gorse and hobobobb

randomjohn

Jun 10, 2017
Another solid update. On combat notes:

Wolves are definitely less of a pain with the lower odds of inflicting ailments, dryads are easier by extension if you know what you're doing (something that may need addressing: they always summon wolves on the first turn even when there are two of them, which means the second wastes her turn).
Lizardmen are still though bastards, needed to retry a few times, but the loot can be worth it and it IS an optional fight (unless you pick up the coryled root on the northwestern part in the previous zone, in the dirt mound between a tree log and a tree stump; for some reason that shoots you straight into the fight, afterwards the game resumes from the crewmates saved part onwards), so maybe it's a fair challenge;
The fights on Hedvig's quest didn't really feel that hard (beated both on my first try, they felt far less challenging than the lizardmen, for example), not sure how challenging dev wants these fights to be.

Now, about Hedvig: enjoyed what we got, but I'm curious about how her Isvar values would see my dalliances with other girls (not very pleased, I'm assuming), which does make me think about future relationships. I didn't redo the quest to see if the paths branch in terms of relationship outcomes, but what I got made me feel like she is fairly serious about us becoming a thing, which makes me wonder how it will evolve in the future (keep it casual, harem, monogamy, etc.).

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
I guess I'll try the game when that option is implemented

So the only way to avoid lesbian sex between Sheva and Evelyn is not to corrupt the latter. I guess that's what I do then, I'd rather lose a LI than have lesbian sex scenes and threesomes where the LIs have lesbian sex.
Both Sheva and Evelyn can still be your LI if you don't corrupt Evelyn. That's how you get their pure paths (Which will happen later in the game).

So, you're good.

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
Another solid update. On combat notes:

Wolves are definitely less of a pain with the lower odds of inflicting ailments, dryads are easier by extension if you know what you're doing (something that may need addressing: they always summon wolves on the first turn even when there are two of them, which means the second wastes her turn).
Lizardmen are still though bastards, needed to retry a few times, but the loot can be worth it and it IS an optional fight (unless you pick up the coryled root on the northwestern part in the previous zone, in the dirt mound between a tree log and a tree stump; for some reason that shoots you straight into the fight, afterwards the game resumes from the crewmates saved part onwards), so maybe it's a fair challenge;
The fights on Hedvig's quest didn't really feel that hard (beated both on my first try, they felt far less challenging than the lizardmen, for example), not sure how challenging dev wants these fights to be.

Now, about Hedvig: enjoyed what we got, but I'm curious about how her Isvar values would see my dalliances with other girls (not very pleased, I'm assuming), which does make me think about future relationships. I didn't redo the quest to see if the paths branch in terms of relationship outcomes, but what I got made me feel like she is fairly serious about us becoming a thing, which makes me wonder how it will evolve in the future (keep it casual, harem, monogamy, etc.).
Hey randomjohn, I'm glad you liked the update and its always great to hear from you.

I fixed the strange coryled root bug (it ended up changing a switch it wasn't supposed to), so it shouldn't affect the lizardfight going forward. Thanks for catching that.

As for Hedvig, at the stage you end the relationship as of right now, there isn't opportunity for her to really call you out for infidelity. But as for later,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
I had played this game back at the first (0.31) release last year, and gave it a 5 star review. Shortly after that I unfortunately lost my saves for a few games including it, so I waited until it got a bunch of updates to play it again from the beginning. Now that I have done so (which took me four and a half hours) I have to say that the game still deserves that rating! Awesome work dev! Hope you continue working on this one and continue its "Golden Age Bioware" style :).

here are a few suggestions. Some of them are old suggestions with modifications, and some are new:

-make the checks RNG based with a percentage depending on how close you are to the needed number, like many WRPGs do. That way people who are a couple points away from passing actually have a high chance to pass instead of no chance. If you are worried about savescumming then make it partial RNG, so that if you are too far away from the optimal number (less than a 50% chance for example) you can't do it period. That way the player who has 23 guile and requires 24 won't be annoyed that that one number made it impossible. It even fits more logically.

-The numbers of CE next to the health of the characters in the main menu and the numbers in the talent trees differ for some reason.
Also, in the talent trees please color the talents that we have already acquired a different color, so that it is immediately clear which ones we already obtained and which ones we haven't obtained yet, thus removing any possible confusion.

-Add the option for us to say one line upon meeting our dad, while he is still in shock before he declares the attack. That moment would feel more impactful that way.

-add more dialog options to the initial interactions with the slavers, so that their initial attitude towards you changes a little depending on how you treated them when you were a free man (maybe they give you a blanket in the ship for example).

-Give Deneve at least one attack talent that doesn't require an item to use, as she currently is useless in attacking when she doesn't have her items, and they aren't exactly plentiful.

-If your combatant loses and you make the challenge and win the new grand champion is completely forgotten about for some reason, even though you just enslaved his master which makes you his master's master, so he should have come back with you too.
On that note though, I think you should change it so that even in that scenario (and even if you kill your opponent) you would actually gain the new grand champion as a slave directly, similar to what your opponent would have gained in the reverse situation. That has many benefits, as first the reward of victory would be much bigger (as you would still be the grand champion's master despite your guy being killed, which is pretty damn impressive) and more importantly that would very much help you in telling the future story, as you would be guaranteed to have someone playing the role that your current grand champion will play in supporting you in either branch of the story. Of course you will need to convince/bribe/etc this new guy to support you, but you will probably need to do the same to your current guy if you didn't treat him that well. So either way having a person playing the role of "grand champion who will help you reclaim your house (after you convince him/bribe him/etc if need be) in both branches of the story will be a way better choice I think.

That is everything I can think of for now. Once again, great work on this awesome game :).
Oh yeah, and I also finally included FFTW's proposal of the player getting Skorpa as a slave if they kill Ravilus, so that the player can still leave with the Grand Champion if Dalacles dies. This is also means that Skorpa may pop-up again later...

• Red Heart
Reactions: FFTW and randomjohn

smgkfn

Aug 25, 2019
Reloaded the Dalacles fight for the 7th time... came to complain...
Had to read the thread to get clues to all the mistakes I have made up to this point.
There were many, so I restarted again.
Got to the Dalacles fight again and lost a couple more times.
Started reading the thread again. Learned the TRUTH.
Kinda disappointed. Kinda bored.
Most of that is my fault.
There has to be some middle ground between hand-holding and blindly stumbling into these kid of situations.
Even a tiny hint would have helped and I might not have tried repeatedly to win so many times.
(I am a brand spanking new player to this game so feel free to ignore me)
*Edit And then went again and won right away
dont know what u read but its doable and not so hard if u got most of the exp that u can get
u need to get ur agil and wisdom at last 1 point in as u start, till the first fight u will solve everything with that (pass every exp test) get ur wisdom up to 20 as u reach town ur agil a little higher dont remember how high i set to plunder the chest on the wagon with the lookpick get ur selv a gold spend the battle xp in vigor 1 and the helmet craft, get ur charisma up to 25
with it on, talk to the healer about the best possible cure, dont buy it, get ur agil to 20 steal the potion from the chest,
go back down talk with the lady fuck her for charisma, if did collect every thing else u go back do delactes give him the healing if u chose pride the skill is more usfull against this enemy with dogde its rather quite hard but the skill would have its pros to later but to win the fight easier with the ultra strong debuff

Reactions: Young Griff

smgkfn

Aug 25, 2019
now to that wy i looked back here,

found a bug, as u get ur 3 girl in party the black haired after the blonde if u go to west first and get her in group,
and go after that to the scene were they slit the troaht of that isvar, they previous encounter respawns
(not hard to say that shouldn be g) what not realy would be the problem u do the fight again can win it as easy as infront,
but then the camecracking thing after the fight blank screen no possiblity to get out *game over

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
now to that wy i looked back here,

found a bug, as u get ur 3 girl in party the black haired after the blonde if u go to west first and get her in group,
and go after that to the scene were they slit the troaht of that isvar, they previous encounter respawns
(not hard to say that shouldn be g) what not realy would be the problem u do the fight again can win it as easy as infront,
but then the camecracking thing after the fight blank screen no possiblity to get out *game over
Yup, I found the problem. It resets a quest variable. Should be fixed now. Thanks for reporting!

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Lol, I'm glad you like it, longjohngold, but I'm curious. What makes you say they're a kick in the balls
Lack of QoL / timewasting. Rarely get instant text, which just messes with how I read so you have to keep hammering space to get it to fully appear. On renpy you can toggle skip transitions and then you're not having to sit there watching text boxes fade in and out you get to actually just spend your time reading the dialogue, and I swear in some rpgm games just sitting there waiting for the next bit of text can account for 25%+ of your playthrough. All the breaks to have "?" "!" or "<3" appear over characters heads during scenes is a pain, thankfully I don't think there was any of that here. Another big one is that there's no way to save during dialogue to then explore different choices, you have to run through stuff a lot more. I did appreciate your quicksave, that was a nice touch I've not seen before.

Basically in a renpy game you can zip through things you've seen making different choices and so fully exploring everything in there... rpgm games would take as long to replay as you spend on the first go so I can't ever imagine being worth going a second or third time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Young Griff

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
This was interesting, shows promise. Good story so far.

Gallery doesn't work as advertised, you cant unlock every scene in a playthrough and its not actually shared between your saves.

Combat was a decent challenge, especially given some conditions dont seem to be curable until you rest.

Personally, I'd add options to pursue currently mutually exclusive girls/scenes with appropriate stat checks but thats just an idea.

Keep up the good work.

Young Griff

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2022
Lack of QoL / timewasting. Rarely get instant text, which just messes with how I read so you have to keep hammering space to get it to fully appear. On renpy you can toggle skip transitions and then you're not having to sit there watching text boxes fade in and out you get to actually just spend your time reading the dialogue, and I swear in some rpgm games just sitting there waiting for the next bit of text can account for 25%+ of your playthrough. All the breaks to have "?" "!" or "<3" appear over characters heads during scenes is a pain, thankfully I don't think there was any of that here. Another big one is that there's no way to save during dialogue to then explore different choices, you have to run through stuff a lot more. I did appreciate your quicksave, that was a nice touch I've not seen before.

Basically in a renpy game you can zip through things you've seen making different choices and so fully exploring everything in there... rpgm games would take as long to replay as you spend on the first go so I can't ever imagine being worth going a second or third time.
Yeah, I can't disagree with any of that. RPGMaker is quirky to say the least, but the crappy part is that there doesn't seem to be very many ways around its quirks beyond doing some HEAVY re-programming to the engine.

And by that point, I'm just gonna use a different engine, which I'm definitely thinking about doing for future titles.

4.50 star(s) 16 Votes