Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
What the fuck was that lol? Talking about falling off of a cliff, that ending was totally bizarre and unexpected. Perhaps Trixie OD'ed off some bad shit? I don't know but that sex scene went from "What the fuck she has a tail?" to "Hi guys, You're probably wondering how I got here?". I hate cliffhangers sometimes and this is why, went from pandering what a threesome would look like between Kim and Andrea to this.

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
So I just started playing, and I may have to stop... and I am just in the prologue. Who just dumps a girl like Chel? Seriously? I want to restart my game and name the MC as Asshole. I guess I should play more to see... but not liking this start so far.
I like Chel too, and if i'm not mistaken the DEV hinted the she's gonna make a comeback at some point, i mean, why would we be seeing so many flashbacks of their good times dating if she's gone for good?

Eayz3n

Oct 12, 2018
Definatly didnt enjoy this update . All nice and all some sexy time whit Trixie .... then random flashbacks and boom she dead because from what this update showed me The MC is actually an abusive little fk.:WutFace: (People might not agree but thats what it looks like).

Good luck Dev .

Reactions: Jimbog and Mister_M

r00m

Oct 13, 2016
Definatly didnt enjoy this update . All nice and all some sexy time whit Trixie .... then random flashbacks and boom she dead because from what this update showed me The MC is actually an abusive little fk.:WutFace: (People might not agree but thats what it looks like).

Good luck Dev .

Ok... so I gave it a solid try, didn't like the way the prologue started. And now the MC is either a murderer or at the very least a woman beater. I'm thinkin I'm out. Good luck.
...what? If you are talking about the ending
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mar 9, 2019
I might be wrong but, given the progression of events in the story and the cliffhanger, I feel the title was meant to be "Off the Rails" instead of "Off the Record". My thoughts are that the devs first language is evidently not English and the phrase just got lost in translation. Again, I could be wrong; it could be called "Off the Record" in reference to a police interrogation? :unsure:

Joyce Harding

Aug 30, 2020
I find it interesting how many people just assume that what they've seen is what's actually happened.
I'll withhold my judgment until we learn more as the story progresses, and I think everyone else should do the same.
It's not like people are left with many choices based off what was presented and the cliffhanger.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
It's not like people are left with many choices based off what was presented and the cliffhanger.
That is true. However, even though this is supposed to be a visual novel, not everything in a VN is supposed to be decided by a player. I'm also failing to see how this has anything to do with what I said. Not having choices doesn't determine whether or not what was shown actually happened. The fact of the matter is that none of us can say what's going on. We can say what it looks like, but that doesn't make it reality. Given that there's no real choice in avoiding it or not probably means that it's important to the plot. Either way, I don't think it's fair to immediately assume anything about the MC, one way or the other.

ddeadbeat

Bewbie
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2018
I might be wrong but, given the progression of events in the story and the cliffhanger, I feel the title was meant to be "Off the Rails" instead of "Off the Record". My thoughts are that the devs first language is evidently not English and the phrase just got lost in translation. Again, I could be wrong; it could be called "Off the Record" in reference to a police interrogation? :unsure:
You're right, English is not my first language — would gladly accept any discovered grammar/spelling errors to fix them in future updates btw — but the name is definitely fine, although probably confusing for now.

D

Deleted member 3194223

That is true. However, even though this is supposed to be a visual novel, not everything in a VN is supposed to be decided by a player. I'm also failing to see how this has anything to do with what I said. Not having choices doesn't determine whether or not what was shown actually happened. The fact of the matter is that none of us can say what's going on. We can say what it looks like, but that doesn't make it reality. Given that there's no real choice in avoiding it or not probably means that it's important to the plot. Either way, I don't think it's fair to immediately assume anything about the MC, one way or the other.
As you said we shouldn’t assume anything but why give the MC the benefit of the doubt? When hasn’t he been a selfish individual? So far we have no reason to believe he didn’t beat and kill Trixie. Drugged or not that’s still going to be getting him some jail time, right? If the criminals who run the place don’t just make him “disappear”.

Anyway, the story before this wasn’t a happy one but this is really dark. Went from breaking a girl’s heart to murdering hookers in 3 updates(?). I don’t see how the story circles back to being about a guy in a new city working at a coffee shop while getting to know some cute girls. I’ll probably give it one more update just because I’m a curious cat.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
why give the MC the benefit of the doubt? When hasn’t he been a selfish individual?
Actually, whether or not he's been selfish is, at least to a great extent, dependent on how you've played him.
The point is, the MC isn't automatically selfish like you're pretending. Everyone does some things out of self-interest. It's called being human. But to pretend the MC is an overly selfish prick is a huge stretch . . . unless you've played him that way.
So far we have no reason to believe he didn’t beat and kill Trixie. Drugged or not that’s still going to be getting him some jail time, right?
You're assuming he beat her into unconsciousness and/or killed her. We have no reason to believe he didn't do it? Actually, we absolutely do. Have you ever seen someone on acid? They hallucinate all kinds of crazy things. There's no way to know Trixie's state was caused by the MC. Of course it's totally possible he did it, but it's just as possible that he did not. You can assume that all you want, but it could just be that Trixie took bad drugs. I mean, he "saw" her with horns and a tail, FFS. If that doesn't open up the possibility of his perception of his time with her being questionable, I don't know what you'd qualify as an unreliable experience.
Anyway, the story before this wasn’t a happy one but this is really dark. Went from breaking a girl’s heart to murdering hookers in 3 updates(?). I don’t see how the story circles back to being about a guy in a new city working at a coffee shop while getting to know some cute girls. I’ll probably give it one more update just because I’m a curious cat.
Obviously do whatever you want, but you're operating on an assumption with only a small degree of evidence: that we saw him hitting her before he blacked out. Again, it's totally possible he is the creep you've suggested, but we don't know that for sure.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 77 Votes