VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Korentin

Game Developer
May 20, 2019
Hello when will the update be is it today ?
From Patreon:

Three days left.

I spent the whole weekend hunting down and fixing some scripting and display bugs. Finally, I decided to write a static script checker to make the entire process easier, faster and hopefully more reliable than my eyeballs. The game script is now long and complicated enough that manually testing and checking it at this point takes days and is painful, so after using the default Ren'Py linter, I decided to finally write some new custom tools to check the script a bit better. Another minor delay, but this shouldn't take that long anymore once I get the script up and running. Expect the 0.3 release late Wednesday or early Thursday.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
No point quoting Patreon.

He's given 3 or 4 dates previous to this and missed every single one. I wouldn't believe him if he told me water was wet.

• Haha
Reactions: Latecomer

Sorrowz

May 27, 2017
It's like waiting for the second coming of Jesus.
Although, most players are more interested in cumming.
Just ignore them, they've been trolling/toxic in this thread for a long time now. Game will be out when it is out, and he'll get it for free and will probably still complain.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Just ignore them, they've been trolling/toxic in this thread for a long time now. Game will be out when it is out, and he'll get it for free and will probably still complain.
I've told nothing but the truth.

Dev has lied constantly. None of us have ever mentioned money that's the only defence you lot have.

As i've said time and again, the game is fantastic it's the dev I have issues with.

Sorrowz

May 27, 2017
I've told nothing but the truth.

Dev has lied constantly. None of us have ever mentioned money that's the only defence you lot have.

As i've said time and again, the game is fantastic it's the dev I have issues with.
Shoulda blocked you ages ago but I'll entertain this last post.

He's posted nothing but pictures over the last 20 days. What is there even to lie about in posts of a girl getting railed out.

Before that was just monthly updates talking about the new system he was trying to finish.

Go back to your twisted world of thinking every dev is evil. Teacher's Pet might be more your style of dev abandonment.

popober

Jun 9, 2017
It's Thursday where I am now and I can't wait! I'm almost pretty sure Stencilbits did this solely because I still haven't properly finished Melissa's route yet. Excited for that double redhead sandwich.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Yeah, this dev is a saint, never lied once.

Apart from 0.3 coming in January.

Then 0.3 coming a few weeks after that.

Then 0.3 coming a few weeks ago.

Didn't call him evil, called him a liar. It's okay though, he lies to you for free. You never know though, this might be the one time he tells the truth, we'll find out today.

TommyEsclow

Aug 18, 2017
Didn't call him evil, called him a liar. It's okay though, he lies to you for free. You never know though, this might be the one time he tells the truth, we'll find out today.
If you read his posts you'll quickly realize, that he's working hard to release a quality build. Unfortunately, It's not easy to balance something good with promises, at least if you as the dev think it has to be something good. What he did was rather overestimating his process instead of lying. That's something all developers do from time to time. There are also liars and just entirely crap dev's who just think they're "devs" I get your point but this isn't one of them.

Reactions: Sorrowz and p22

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Friendly (at this time) reminder to keep the salt low and be friendly with each other, people are free to support the developers as much as they are of disagreeing with their work ethics, but going on the same circular arguments of dev good/dev bad serves no one.

tl;dr Please keep the thread clean, anyone who decides to start shit will be dealt with.

TommyEsclow

Aug 18, 2017
Considering the 28 hour message was nearly 30 hours ago it should be soon.
I doubt he'll release anything today. I've to apologize to you by the way, I mainly wrote that above quoting you based on my "own" experiences. I do work a lot with blender myself meanwhile and It's really hard to maintain a specific quality, especially if you make characters and such. I honestly don't know much about this dev, so my "assumption" may be totally wrong.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes