VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Techno11244

Mar 27, 2023
In that kind of situation, I think you need to delegate the work to someone else or never make another promise. There's no way he can guarantee he will fulfill it, and not making a promise doesn't mean to give up

Last edited:

flastus

Nov 5, 2020
So apparently he is going blind. Well crap I don't see that on my bingo card.
If this is true, then that sucks for him and I feel bad for him. If this is just another bullshit excuse, we can expect to also learn of his imminent demise soon, I suppose.

Aug 16, 2019
So, maybe release the damn thing without a final proofreading pass. It's been 4 years. Just call it Offcuts v 0.4 "I'm releasing this to get eye surgery cause I'm going blind from constantly masturbting over Alice version... See any typos, blame glaucoma."

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Is he ever going to release the update? He gives excuses and delays the update every single month (it's been 4 years) and pauses his payments and doesn't milk like other icstr Dev's. I don't know what's his angle?
Nobody knows, It makes no sense at all. Every month for over 48 months they have lied to everyone, every single time. Break that down for a second and think about it. That's nearly 48 excuses for why 4.0 has not been released. Quite the substantial amount of bullshit a single person can throw out there regarding one subject. They have basically used every excuse in the book including the dead hard drive bullshit.

Now they've reached down even lower and are now using health problems as an excuse. Ultimately its kind of pathetic. I have zero hope that 4.0 is coming or even exists (especially since there is zero proof).

It really is a sad case of having an amazing story ruined by a shitty dev. All that wasted potential for what? They could have been swimming in cash for 4 years now.

Reactions: 6rMrL9vDzH

Redsedila

Jun 25, 2023
Nobody knows, It makes no sense at all. Every month for over 48 months they have lied to everyone, every single time. Break that down for a second and think about it. That's nearly 48 excuses for why 4.0 has not been released. Quite the substantial amount of bullshit a single person can throw out there regarding one subject. They have basically used every excuse in the book including the dead hard drive bullshit.

Now they've reached down even lower and are now using health problems as an excuse. Ultimately its kind of pathetic. I have zero hope that 4.0 is coming or even exists (especially since there is zero proof).

It really is a sad case of having an amazing story ruined by a shitty dev. All that wasted potential for what? They could have been swimming in cash for 4 years now.

Yepp tbh i prefer some other dev to continue the storyline or make a complete remastered version using good models and a good game engine... Well after all the BS I don't think so that 0.4 was ever made and he was just milking us to think that there is an update for us ... Game had great potential but got ruined by a shitty developer

May 15, 2022
Yepp tbh i prefer some other dev to continue the storyline or make a complete remastered version using good models and a good game engine... Well after all the BS I don't think so that 0.4 was ever made and he was just milking us to think that there is an update for us ... Game had great potential but got ruined by a shitty developer
He hasn't milked anyone. His Patreon has been paused since November 2019.

TGafy

May 14, 2020
nah what im trying to say is he is making a fool of us thinking there is an update , but in reality there is none ... The best solution is that some other dev continuing the game !!
That's not what milking means.

With each monthly "update" he puts out, the more I think someone's past theory about this being a social experiment rings true. If he's not even getting money from subs, what's the point in stringing this along?

Aug 16, 2019
Why didnt he say this from the jump people would be way more understanding
There's a part of me that wants to believe him, but 4 YEARS of excuses with "the game is pretty much done, only a final proofreading needed." to suddenly become "I'm going blind." seems extremely bizarre. Even for the bizarre stories some of us have made up as the excuse of the month, the going blind angle was completely unexpected.

The only thing that makes his blindness a bit suspect is that by his own admission in the February update, Stencil had spent his free time contributing to the Godot engine.
Kinda hard to believe the "having difficulties to read/code, when he's spending his free time reading/coding something else. I really don't get his angle here.

anubis413

Sep 16, 2018
Why didnt he say this from the jump people would be way more understanding
While I think him going blind is plausible, I don't think it's probable. There's so many excuses he's pulled so many times before now. So many times he's said that it's almost done. Plus, you can proofread with a text-to-voice program, or asking someone else to beta test it. Plenty of blind people write books.

If it was an excellent, perfect excuse, I'd already be doubting it given his history. With this excuse that doesn't even make sense... well, how could anyone believe him?

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
The only thing that makes his blindness a bit suspect is that by his own admission in the February update, Stencil had spent his free time contributing to the Godot engine.
Kinda hard to believe the "having difficulties to read/code, when he's spending his free time reading/coding something else. I really don't get his angle here.
Well Beethoven went deaf and he was still able to compose music.

I think he could be going blind with excruciating pain and still code since he is passionate about his hobbies.

I know I can be dying of the flu and half crippled due to some injuries, but hell will have to freeze over before I don't sit and play some games or fap whenever I can.

So I think him going blind is plausible. I think the most obvious answer is the correct answer here, which the dude is just a major procrastinator. If it wasn't for going blind it would just be another excuse, cause a procrastinator is going to procrastinate.

Last edited:
Reactions: p22

NTDW

Mar 18, 2020
I think its fairly clear the eyesight stuff is just a last ditch effort to ease us into the announcement that the game is never updating again, which is sad.

Shanksy

Feb 15, 2019
Fortunately, the diagnosis is not certain yet and it can often take a long time (even years) to confirm as it's not a cut-and-dry diagnosis. There is still a good chance this is something else and much more harmless. Meanwhile, there are also some good treatment and preventive care options available, some of which I'm already using.
This just makes it seem like he is going to use this excuse for months now and then maybe next year, around september
" Guess what guys!? It wasn't glaucoma after all and that means i can focus on this game more now. "
Of course he needs to come up with another big excuse later on.

This happened before when he claimed to have had his computer wiped from most of his 0.4 files and he used that for months to push back the update.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
There's a part of me that wants to believe him, but 4 YEARS of excuses with "the game is pretty much done, only a final proofreading needed." to suddenly become "I'm going blind." seems extremely bizarre. Even for the bizarre stories some of us have made up as the excuse of the month, the going blind angle was completely unexpected.

I agree really now ur blind it seems a little fishy

Reactions: CalamarMaligno
Aug 16, 2019
Possible Glaucoma isn't going to stop the traditional End if month fake Update:
December 2023 FAKE update: Braille Edition
(Picture of Alice dressed as Marvel's DareDevil, Armored black, red and silver look)

Another month another excuse. This time I need to beat my potential Glaucoma. Mesothelioma might be a bit over the top and getting a sudden miraculous cure would make me look like a liar. Then again if four years of "Trust me bro, 0.4 is done and all it needs is a final proofread" hasn't then you oughta join my patreon that I keep on hold becaude reasons.
But I digress. I'm currently using speech to text because I'm going blind. It could be Glaucoma, or it could be that I've jerked off far too much with the Alice pics. Anyway, I don't want to toot my own horn.

This is the part where I repeat the same old bullshit. Trust me bro, 0.4 is almost done. All I need to do is a final proofreading and then hit the publish button. The only problem is that I'm going blind, *nudge nudge, wink wink* I'm not going blind, blind. The doctors say I could go blind, but I'm going to milk the living shit out of this. As always, I won't take your money, but I'm going to dash your hopes and dreams of seeing Alice being impaled by Cole's penis.

Christmas is already over, a new year is coming, and Offcuts 0.4 will not be coming out yet. When will it happen? I don't want to give a definitive date, because we all know how great I am at those. But for the moment I'm going to guess February 30th. I just say see you next month, but going blind so I'm most likely not going to see you.

[TL;DR] I'm going blind so, fuck you. Fuck you... and especially FUCK YOU!! Yeah, you! You know who I'm talking about. Fuck you!! No offcuts 0.4 for you!

May 15, 2022
I'm just waiting for the day that Stencil posts that this was nothing but a social experiment to see how many people would stand beside someone that continuously promises but never delivers. Maybe he is writing a paper on the subject and we are all his guinea pigs.
Over a year ago I posted that this was a social experiment and every month it looks more and more likely that I was right.

Here is to all the excuses in 2024 and to everyone here. Have a happy new year.
3bf66ee5214cbd361855f0c79c1d7d8611-leo-toast-9.2x.h473.w710.gif

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes