VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

hibc4

Respected User
Jun 12, 2017
He might just release it on the 15th with melissa's route finished also

vultron

May 19, 2018
I doubt I get the option but if I do I'm killing Melissa preferably with horrific torture devices.

and if you won't let me kill her at least let me tell her to fuck off more often and by more often I mean anytime she talks.

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
should i try this game ? any one recommend it ?
Yes you should. Lots of people would recommend it.

Here's the thing: Offcuts does not have a gratuitous amount of sex scenes in it. There are a few, they are pretty well done, and they are spaced out from each other. They are not really the focus here though. The main draw of this game is the amazing story it tells (for this medium) and the somewhat unique style of cell-shaded art on display here.

vultron

May 19, 2018
Nina went from a funny character to a rather annoying character after he got shot

Really I have to date her now? Why the hell would that not be optional? What a terrible decision.

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
Nina went from a funny character to a rather annoying character after he got shot

Really I have to date her now? Why the hell would that not be optional? What a terrible decision.
it's the only path in this (0.1) version of the game, there'll be more paths in future updates

Reactions: carbonatedman

etidhxc

Apr 5, 2017
well, just from what i have seen in 0.1, i can only imagine what 0.2 will be like! top notch game, a few things i would change, but overall, a great game.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016

..... interesting.... while I understand why you view her that way, I have to say that you have misinterpreted her character, but that makes sense considering most people don't know the many variety of ways other hide their true selves, deflect their emotions, etc.

but for the sake of explanation, she became an "annoying" character because she was scared. (in the most simplistic of terms) like when she was sad that the mc was leaving she pretended she didn't care and that she hated him to try and make it easier for the goodbye (which if you know anything about human emotions and how to properly deal with them this only makes things worse and not better).

hope that helps you understand the character a bit more, you don't have to like her to each their own, but don't shit on the dev because you don't like something, read around and it is easy to find that this is the only open path currently as it is still in development.

P.S. I really wanted to go complete savage but I decided to try and take a neutral approach, because I am such a benevolent man. ;)

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
Nice. Should mean about 3 more days before public release then according to on patreon.

Sorrowz

May 27, 2017
A week later than I initially estimated, but better late than never! This release finishes Nina's route. Next more significant release will be 0.2 which will have Melissa's full route. I should have it ready before the end of this month, but my original date was off so the current release date estimate is 26.8, give or take a few days.

Here is a link to a Google Drive folder that contains both Windows and Mac OS versions:

Here's the post he just made.

Looks like Melissa got delayed for about 2 weeks.

Earthling

Mar 6, 2018
Dynamics between Cole and Nina in the latter half of her route was kinda dissapointing for me. Probably cuz fem-dom (even light) is absolutely not my fetish. I think i'll skip Melissa's route for that reason.

Otherwise it's a pretty solid game with nice visuals.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes