VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

ltech

Apr 25, 2018
Looks interesting, I will give it a try but in the future could you please compile for Linux as well? This is the first renpy game I have come across that did not include Linux version. Most renpy games bundle the Linux version with the windows version.

For anyone else using Linux just do the following to get it going(requires you to have another renpy game).

Code:
cd Offcuts-0.1-win
cp ../some-other-renpy-game/lib/linux-* lib/
cp ../some-other-renpy-game/*.sh .
mv lib/linux-x86_64/name-of-other-game lib/Linux-x86_64/Offcuts
mv lib/linux-i686/name-of-other-game lib/linux-i686/Offcuts
mv name-of-other-game.sh Offcuts.sh
After you have done this, you can run it like any other renpy game.
sh Offcuts.sh

Cheers.

Reactions: burrito107

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

One thing I have been experimenting with for a some time now is how to support certain improved visual effects in Ren'Py (the engine Offcuts uses). Ren'Py is a great engine, but making dynamic or otherwise custom effects has never been easy. So, I have been working on a custom library that can support all kinds of interesting visual effects. For example basic skeletal deformation animation, image distortion and now simple deferred shading. The demo video shows some basic functionality, but you can also check other, older videos on that YouTube channel if this interests you. The project is also open source, so anyone interested can take a look inside or use it in their own Ren'Py game. The project is available at
TL;DR - What does it actually do? Well, instead of drawing or pre-rendering huge amount of different images for certain possible combinations (day, night, rain, dusk, expressions like smile/frown etc.) it is now possible to dynamically change lightning, animate sprites in more complex or expressive ways and do other cool visual effects. Visual novels are - like it says on the tin - a visual medium. Updating Offcuts to support all these nice new things is not currently a top priority, but it's certainly something I'm keeping in mind especially if I update the sprite "paper-dolls" at some point in the future. I'm constantly trying to speed up and optimize my graphics production workflow, so automating this image generation might be possible.

bendrag0n

Dec 13, 2017
My mistake:

Here is a mega link

i appreciate the trailer video nice touch also hellen looks good, busty characters are always welcome, the art work looks good i will try it for sure, oh one more thing in future updates if you can add the update in a separate download so you can just add the new part to the game it be great

bendrag0n

Dec 13, 2017
i would suggest that you make kate's hair more blond as she and amy look too much alike also maybe some shadow body as people in the back ground would be nice , writing that there are people there when you dont see them is a little weird the art is really good

PapaThunda

Jan 29, 2018
the hours i spent playing this knowing that this is the 1st release has me excited for the future with this!! Can't wait for the next update!!

Bobdobson

May 30, 2018
For a 0.1 release, this was a great introduction to what's in store. Some of the best writing for the genre, and very relateable characters. It was enough to make me post for the first time. :) The character models are unique, but still appealing. I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure.

Caferace

Apr 29, 2018
This is an excellent game. The story alone sells it for me. Add in the great art style and the many girls to choose from make it one of the better games on this site. I'd love to see it continued until it is finished.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
He appears to be a little behind. His last progress update came in late June and suggested a 2-3 week update window. Since that would be roughly this week/weekend, but there have been no notifications on Patreon, we should probably expect it a little later.

Reactions: Ratata21
4.80 star(s) 77 Votes