• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Isn't this game pretty much done? Unless he extends it that is, because it seems relatively finished.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Isn't this game pretty much done? Unless he extends it that is, because it seems relatively finished.
Each update adds a full story for 1 of the girls.

If you already have a fave and her story is done then yes, it's finished. There are still a few girls left to go.

Helen, Jane and Alice.

Pagol1

Oct 5, 2018
Each update adds a full story for 1 of the girls.

If you already have a fave and her story is done then yes, it's finished. There are still a few girls left to go.

Helen, Jane and Alice.
Kate is supposed to have a route too; she has a few teasers in the credits scene as well.

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Not sure about the title music but one of the music tracks frequently used in Offcuts is called Sunshine (version 2) and you can find it here.

There is a decent chance that the title music also comes from the same source.
Edit: identified the song: It is Easy Lemon from the same artist.

I know Sunshine is the title music in Melody VN, but I don't know if I heard Easy Lemon in a game other than Offcuts.
Easy Lemon is the lobby music for Harem Hotel.

Warhawk1

Apr 30, 2019
Not a full route because why give the one girl with big history with the MC and an interesting backstory a route when you can give one to the girl who only appeared in a couple of scenes and both of those she barely spoke.

Not a dig at the dev, that was a dig at the people voting.
:mad::cry:

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
It really wouldn't be hard to give a Jane route. Just cobble together bits of the gang storyline from the three other stories and add in some Jane lewds. Bam!

Reactions: Warhawk1

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
It really wouldn't be hard to give a Jane route. Just cobble together bits of the gang storyline from the three other stories and add in some Jane lewds. Bam!
It wouldn't be if you just throw something together, but it would take time if you wanted to do a proper route like all the girls get but thats not the point. People voted for something else so it will be something else, thats how it is.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Nina has indeed turned from a sister to a friend because I wanted the possibility to add a pregnancy ending later and even I find having kids with a biological sibling a bit of a turnoff. The Patreon incest ban didn't help, either.
Thank you for answering that question, even if it wasn't mine. I HATE games that lose the incest and pretend it never happened. It makes me question whether or not I was crazy for ever thinking it was one. I think that is a great explanation. I'll play your game and not have that negative feeling associated with it. I hope it's good and I'll tell you honestly when I'm finished :)

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

Silvonch

Oct 21, 2017
are there any plans to make paths with more than one girl?

(or at least something like being able to choose to have Kate be more active in Amy's scenes?)

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
ts.jpg Another month passes, which means it's time for another monthly update! This time, some good news! I'm finally back at my place and can work remotely from now on. This means I can start focusing my attention on finishing Offcuts 0.4 and Alice's storyline! I already made a quick post yesterday about some of the new and improved rendering tech that I will be using after 0.4 is out. 0.4 will still use the "old" visual style because most of it is already done and changing it midway would lead to some weird art-shift (and extra work). Of course, the same visual shift will happen in 0.5, but at least it won't change in the "middle" of a story arc, which might make it a bit less noticeable.And as I mentioned before, I won't take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then). This gives me some extra time and takes off some pressure so I can hopefully finish things properly. Next month there will also be some small tax changes about how Patreon charges customers. Patreon staff sent this info to all creators (including me) and you should also receive an email and more info about this soon.Also beginning at some point in the future is the exclusive series (Jane+Helen) for $10 patrons. I plan to use new rendering tech for this so now should be a good time to experiment a bit. I should also be able to start posting more Patreon content now that I have more time in my hands - after a good, long, relaxing weekend. It has been a rough few months but I'm sure I'm not the only one. Again, thanks for everyone for your support and especially patience! Stay healthy!

Last edited:

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
View attachment 675747 Another month passes, which means it's time for another monthly update! This time, some good news! I'm finally back at my place and can work remotely from now on. This means I can start focusing my attention on finishing Offcuts 0.4 and Alice's storyline! I already made a quick post yesterday about some of the new and improved rendering tech that I will be using after 0.4 is out. 0.4 will still use the "old" visual style because most of it is already done and changing it midway would lead to some weird art-shift (and extra work). Of course, the same visual shift will happen in 0.5, but at least it won't change in the "middle" of a story arc, which might make it a bit less noticeable.And as I mentioned before, I won't take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then). This gives me some extra time and takes off some pressure so I can hopefully finish things properly. Next month there will also be some small tax changes about how Patreon charges customers. Patreon staff sent this info to all creators (including me) and you should also receive an email and more info about this soon.Also beginning at some point in the future is the exclusive series (Jane+Helen) for $10 patrons. I plan to use new rendering tech for this so now should be a good time to experiment a bit. I should also be able to start posting more Patreon content now that I have more time in my hands - after a good, long, relaxing weekend. It has been a rough few months but I'm sure I'm not the only one. Again, thanks for everyone for your support and especially patience! Stay healthy!
The rest of the post is a straight copy and paste from my last update for those who are new or want to be reminded what will be coming next.

---

So, what's the roadmap? Before the real 0.4 release, I will publish a beta test release (or two), so I can fix any bugs or other issues related to those features. Once those work and all other possible bugs and typos are fixed, I should be able to make the full release to my patrons and then later to the general public.
So, TL;DR:

* Global pandemic and possible economic meltdown can make things a bit more challenging than usual, let's hope things calm down as fast a possible.

* New tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.

* Test release planned at some point, the final release in May/June if everything goes well.
After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.

* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.
Alice is cute (I'm a sucker for the shy quiet types). Can't wait for her route. But why is her mom getting a route? Hasn't she had like 30 seconds of screen time? Anyway thanks for sharing.

Arnaud

May 13, 2017
Ty so much for the game, any idea of the release date of 0.4 update? cant wait to replay

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes