• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Nevertheless, he is not wrong with his joke post. Over 10 months for an update is few months too much.
Developers usually do this as a hobby as it is very rare for them to receive enough support to do it for a living. As long as they haven't abandoned the game and are still communicating on Patreon/Discord/wherever then I can wait. There are plenty of other games to play after all.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
I have a different tier...someone with the new preview posted yesterday?

prrt

Feb 24, 2019
patreons got some animations shown today.
I like them . Bodyparts wiggling that has to wiggle and other parts moving as they have to move.
and yep it's a long time to the update but you know , I don't care as long it's good.

Reactions: Gary Bertrand

GrimWraith

Jun 19, 2020
patreons got some animations shown today.
I like them . Bodyparts wiggling that has to wiggle and other parts moving as they have to move.
and yep it's a long time to the update but you know , I don't care as long it's good.
Is it possible to share them here?

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Damn maybe i shouldn't have went for Melissa's route first. Having a hard time imagining any other girls could equal this angel.

Reactions: rKnight

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
tb.jpg

Monthly Update: Beach Episode Edition
Another month has passed, so it's time for the traditional monthly update! In the last update, I returned to more or less normal life again after all the COVID related issues and started fully working on the new content once more. My patrons already saw a quick peek on one of the animations I have been working on along with some renders showing the new rendering tech I will be using after the next release 0.4 is out. As a reminder to new or forgetful people, the next release 0.4 will contain Alice's storyline. At this point, most of the content is ready, but some tedious and boring stuff from script tweaking to editing is still left. I prefer not to give a solid release date yet, but it's not too far off anymore. And as mentioned earlier, after 0.4 release is out, I'll try putting out shorter releases more often instead of big one once a year. We'll see how it goes.
Like before, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then). It takes some stress off me so I can hopefully make a solid release and finish things properly. Plenty of hectic stuff has happened this spring, and I'm sure I have not been the only one affected.
I also finally started the series for $10 patrons featuring Helen and Jane, which is also a good opportunity to test and tweak the new rendering tech. Most of the 0.4 renders are also ready now, which means I have plenty of normal renders in store, so I will be dropping them on Patreon too.
The rest of the post is a mostly copy and paste from my last update for those who are new or want to be reminded what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support!
---
So, what's the roadmap? Before the real 0.4 release, I will publish a beta test release (or two), so I can fix any bugs or other issues related to those features. Once those work and all other possible bugs and typos are fixed, I should be able to make the full release to my patrons and then later to the general public.
So, TL;DR:
* New tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* Test release planned at some point before the real release, testing animation etc.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

Haise01

Jul 29, 2018
View attachment 710775

Monthly Update: Beach Episode Edition
Another month has passed, so it's time for the traditional monthly update! In the last update, I returned to more or less normal life again after all the COVID related issues and started fully working on the new content once more. My patrons already saw a quick peek on one of the animations I have been working on along with some renders showing the new rendering tech I will be using after the next release 0.4 is out. As a reminder to new or forgetful people, the next release 0.4 will contain Alice's storyline. At this point, most of the content is ready, but some tedious and boring stuff from script tweaking to editing is still left. I prefer not to give a solid release date yet, but it's not too far off anymore. And as mentioned earlier, after 0.4 release is out, I'll try putting out shorter releases more often instead of big one once a year. We'll see how it goes.
Like before, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then). It takes some stress off me so I can hopefully make a solid release and finish things properly. Plenty of hectic stuff has happened this spring, and I'm sure I have not been the only one affected.
I also finally started the series for $10 patrons featuring Helen and Jane, which is also a good opportunity to test and tweak the new rendering tech. Most of the 0.4 renders are also ready now, which means I have plenty of normal renders in store, so I will be dropping them on Patreon too.
The rest of the post is a mostly copy and paste from my last update for those who are new or want to be reminded what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support!
---
So, what's the roadmap? Before the real 0.4 release, I will publish a beta test release (or two), so I can fix any bugs or other issues related to those features. Once those work and all other possible bugs and typos are fixed, I should be able to make the full release to my patrons and then later to the general public.
So, TL;DR:
* New tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* Test release planned at some point before the real release, testing animation etc.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.
I was a little scared to start this one only to be abandoned later, but I guess I'll give it a try

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
I was a little scared to start this one only to be abandoned later, but I guess I'll give it a try
Offcuts hasn't been never abandoned,the dev post monthly updates on patreon and sometimes previews during the week... Abandoned is when you don't listen a dev for many months etc..

Last edited:
Reactions: Haise01

Jace325

Dec 27, 2019
The first time I tried this I dropped it cuz I felt like it was a bunch of anime tropes stitched together, but I'm glad I gave it a second chance. There's some real good stuff in this; cute girls, funny moments, adorable relationship moments. I really like how there's separate route for each of the girls instead of sharing a bunch of main story content or secretly dating everyone (and leading to a bad end).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

Deezius

Aug 6, 2017
Man, I still have this on my computer from what feels like ages ago. Glad to hear things are still chuggin' along at least. Probably going to play through from the start again since it's been so long, and I remember thoroughly enjoying it.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Nevertheless, he is not wrong with his joke post. Over 10 months for an update is few months too much.
Is it long? Sure is, but unlike some of the big devs, who also just throw out 1 update each year, he has to work in real life which can, depending on the job, lead to a shitload of more work during this time thanks to the little virus going around and lets not forget that he releases complete paths for each girl which often takes years for other devs.

I mean i get it, i could do with faster updates too but i also understand his side of the story especially since i know how much work and time it takes to make a game.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes