• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
tb.jpg

Monthly Update: Karaoke Edition

Another month passes, which means it's time for another monthly update! After the hectic spring I'm once again working on the next 0.4 release which is almost ready at this point. Of course, I could tweak it forever as I have a bad habit of doing, but I should be able to finally give the release date before the next update. Fingers crossed! And in case you have forgotten (or are a new follower), the next release 0.4 will contain Alice's storyline.
In related news, I'm also changing jobs in real life! And what would be a better time to do that than during a looming global economic depression, right? I will also move to another apartment, which will probably also cause me some small distractions. On the plus side, my new job should give me more free time, which should also increase the time I can spend on working on Offcuts.
Like before, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then). It takes some stress off me so I can hopefully make a solid release and finish things properly.
Other than that, I will be starting regular content updates again, including continuation of the $10 special series. As most of the content for 0.4 is also ready by now I have hundreds of renders ready to go, so we should be good to go until Christmas, give or take. I usually tend to avoid posting the most spoilery ones, it's always good to leave some surprises.
The rest of the post is a mostly copy and paste from my last update for those who are new or want to be reminded what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support!
---
So, TL;DR:
* New tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* Test release planned at some point before the real release, testing animation etc.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

Last edited:

prrt

Feb 24, 2019
yes it takes long .
And with all teasers and monthly updates it feels even longer , those are not helping because when I see them I want it and I want it now !
But still I don't know short updates will be better , total development time will stay the same so the wait for the entire story will not shorten .
As long as the quality stays the same too , take your time (not too much please.)

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
I'm with Carpe Stultus and prrt on this one: Knowing the limitations of my patience, I'd rather they deliver the full route lest I'll consume it in small doses on a (bi-)monthly schedule. Even if that means waiting a bit longer for sweet, sweet Alice.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

(What…? Why yes of course as a side dish, Melissa dear. Now come here sweet thing, let's make another video…!)

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
I hate Nina. Can you just get rid of her? I notice there is a option to not interact with a certain character like with Melissa and Kate but why no option for Nina.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I hate Nina. Can you just get rid of her? I notice there is a option to not interact with a certain character like with Melissa and Kate but why no option for Nina.
Kate is a side girl at the moment, her stuff isn't needed although she is a huge part of Amy's route so you will have to deal with her there.

You can only avoid Melissa for a short while, soon into the story she is heavily involved.

Nina is one of the main 3 girls and close friend of the MC so avoiding her completely isn't possible.

splamo

Jun 26, 2018
I'd love to see a Kate route. I know she's a side girl, but I love how super freaky she is. Turn Nina into the side girl on her route.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'd love to see a Kate route. I know she's a side girl, but I love how super freaky she is. Turn Nina into the side girl on her route.
Kate's only a side girl for now, she is due for a route.

Originally it was all the girls in the banner which, after Alice, leaves Kate and Helen but it also sounds like Jane might be getting some love.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Kate is a side girl at the moment, her stuff isn't needed although she is a huge part of Amy's route so you will have to deal with her there.

You can only avoid Melissa for a short while, soon into the story she is heavily involved.

Nina is one of the main 3 girls and close friend of the MC so avoiding her completely isn't possible.
I know they are a part of the main story so they can't be avoid but I mean avoid not have sex/romance with them. I'm pretty sure you can avoid sex with Kate if you say no.
The game is great and all but it have too much "tsundere" girl for my liking. And sometimes the character act like character in anime which I hate.

Last edited:

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
You can always choose to NOT do her route. :)
I know they are a part of the main story so they can't be avoid but I mean avoid not have sex/romance with them. I'm pretty sure you can avoid sex with Kate if you say no.
The game is great and all but it have too much "tsundere" girl for my liking. And sometimes the character act like q character in anime which I hate.
That's because the two first routes are Tsundere girls, while Amy and Alice are deredere.

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
Huh, the more you know. Guess I have a thing for tsundere girls then… Interesting.

Ah, I blame it on their faces:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Melissa is best girl. Well, until we get a proper Kate route.

Though, while tsundere's are good in games and anime, you'd fucking hate to actually date one irl.

Reactions: Dirk_Diggla
4.80 star(s) 77 Votes