VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

KiwamiLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
Whilst we wait, a little eye candy...

Perseverance Is the Key to Success (tm). Especially with Amy.
More renders incoming, also some good news on the next monthly update.
Di Molto!

Jul 19, 2018
What can I say? I’m in love in this game. I’m in love with the story (very well written), with girls (the design of characters is so warm and sweet). The music fits great. I don’t regret any second I spent in game. I feel sad for only one thing: that’s the game is over eventually.

To the developer: thank you very much. You make me feel so happy. Good luck and godspeed.

Reactions: yandex and Tom10

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Whilst we wait, a little eye candy...

Perseverance Is the Key to Success (tm). Especially with Amy.
More renders incoming, also some good news on the next monthly update.
I was a sceptic, now I'm a believer. :p

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Some devs pat themselves on the back for nearly nothing. Stencil packs a lot of stuff in his updates and yet only does headpats. Wotta guy...

Monthly update - Awkward headpats edition

This month's progress has been good for a change and it should get even better once my current project at my real day job ends next week. Getting rid of that project makes my life easier as I don't have to keep traveling all the time and I can model and render at home on weekdays too without having to melt my work laptop. The project wasn't bad overall, but man, traveling due to work gets old fast.

I have also been using this extra time to add some more content and scenes to the script, so the total length has increased once again. The new shader visual effects also got some improvements and I have some potential (but not priority) plans for it once 0.3 is out. Other than some missing images and maybe some small script and visual tweaks everything else is pretty much ready to go. And of course, I'll be posting more images here as usual. I'll draw the last images by hand if I have to so perhaps you'll get to enjoy some stick-figure action. Due to all this, I'm breaking my long and great tradition of skipping Patron payments and I'll actually charge this month. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

sadman8547

Sep 16, 2017
Some devs pat themselves on the back for nearly nothing. Stencil packs a lot of stuff in his updates and yet only does headpats. Wotta guy...

This month's progress has been good for a change and it should get even better once my current project at my real day job ends next week. Getting rid of that project makes my life easier as I don't have to keep traveling all the time and I can model and render at home on weekdays too without having to melt my work laptop. The project wasn't bad overall, but man, traveling due to work gets old fast.

I have also been using this extra time to add some more content and scenes to the script, so the total length has increased once again. The new shader visual effects also got some improvements and I have some potential (but not priority) plans for it once 0.3 is out. Other than some missing images and maybe some small script and visual tweaks everything else is pretty much ready to go. And of course, I'll be posting more images here as usual. I'll draw the last images by hand if I have to so perhaps you'll get to enjoy some stick-figure action. Due to all this, I'm breaking my long and great tradition of skipping Patron payments and I'll actually charge this month. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

so an update next month I presume?

Reactions: KiwamiLorenzo

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018

Looks like things are coming up quite nicely.
Stick figure stencilbits drawings. how did you know my kink? :p
He dares charge patrons this month. Well there goes the free ride. :D

Excelsior

Reactions: Namco15

Rakssu

Jun 14, 2018
Could someone post only-patreon pictures just like @Ignatz does but more offten? I don't know if is against the rules but I'm suffering, while waiting for an update

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
No update for ages but occasional posts on their patreon. I wonder if it should be considered abandoned though.

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
no, they are actively working on the update. They are making a complete game worth of storyline for each character, so it takes some time. Instead of giving us little story for every character, they are giving us the full thing for one character at a time. And from what it sounds like on their Patreon is that they are very close to releasing the next update @boulimanus ... should be within this month

retek89

Aug 5, 2017
The full path usually takes the reader a few hours to complete, (if you don't skip, which I strongly advise not to) so its very easy to then see why it takes so long between updates. I started the first path before bed thinking it would be quick and done in 15 minutes, 3 hours later, still at it and had to close it and start the next day. Oh and each path is usually very different to one another (except for the beginning) so they don't just copy paste it and get it done fast. So no, not abandoned, just takes a very long time to finish, releasing monthly builds like most games would make things more messy.

Reactions: Tom10

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
lmao @retek89 I just thought how funny it would be if they were to do monthly releases. You are right about the different paths, we would be scratching our head at the game like "wut?"

retek89

Aug 5, 2017
Could probably be done, random cliffhangers to split the story up, but much better the way it is now.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes