Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
It's a problem with translation, as you've probably figured out. In some other languages (about 57% worldwide), gender isn't used with pronouns, such as in Hungarian, Turkish, or Basque. I don't know what the developer's native language is (although I think they speak Russian), but it's very possible that the concept of gender when using pronouns is a challenge for them.
I am absolutely certain it is a translation issue, but I am not certain about your theory (or your quoted percentage) that it is because the dev's native language doesn't use gender pronouns, for 2 main reasons: 1, the error is very infrequent (so much that the only reason I even commented was as a partial joke and comparison to the daughter's use of parental names instead of their title) and would likely happen more often if your proposal were correct. And 2: I am unsure of the percentage of worldwide languages but I do know of at least 10 languages from major countries(countries with global economic infrastructure to the point that their languages are fairly recognisable around the world) myself (and these are just the ones I know of, I am sure there are more) where not only do they use gender specific pronouns, but their nouns are also gender specific. Having said all of that, the translation confusion isn't that big of a thing for me, as I said I only mentioned it as a funny comparison.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I am absolutely certain it is a translation issue, but I am not certain about your theory (or your quoted percentage) that it is because the dev's native language doesn't use gender pronouns, for 2 main reasons: 1, the error is very infrequent (so much that the only reason I even commented was as a partial joke and comparison to the daughter's use of parental names instead of their title) and would likely happen more often if your proposal were correct. And 2: I am unsure of the percentage of worldwide languages but I do know of at least 10 languages from major countries(countries with global economic infrastructure to the point that their languages are fairly recognisable around the world) myself (and these are just the ones I know of, I am sure there are more) where not only do they use gender specific pronouns, but their nouns are also gender specific. Having said all of that, the translation confusion isn't that big of a thing for me, as I said I only mentioned it as a funny comparison.
It happens decently often in the game, actually. I'm not going to count instances, but I remember a number of these mix-ups before v0.3 or even v0.2. I think there are two easy explanations. Maybe the dev mostly understands but still makes some mistakes. By way of example, English speakers self-overcorrect the "and I" construction, which is an incredibly easy one; something more complicated, like understanding gender in pronouns when it's completely foreign to your language, is probably more prone to errors. (You can see a similar problem with native speakers of Asiatic languages who try to use prepositions in English; our prepositional use is often actually pretty inconsistent, so mistakes are understandable and even likely.)

Another possibility is that the dev is using an inferior translation tool / service, in which case the translator itself could be flawed and cause the problems we've seen. It's hard to know, and I'm not saying this is for sure the problem. But these are plausible explanations and are decently likely.

Your mention of knowing a lot of countries that have gendered pronouns is neither here nor there. The existence of gender in some languages doesn't even remotely mean that all languages have them. I gave you at least three languages as examples; you can easily Google to see the stats and find articles about non-gendered languages. That's roughly akin to a nomadic desert tribe claiming there are no trees in the world because they don't have any wherever they roam. It has literally no bearing on the existence of trees. And just because many languages with gendered pronouns are widespread doesn't mean someone not natively speaking them necessarily has a good grasp on using gendered pronouns.

I do agree that it's noticeable and a little funny to see, given what we ourselves know. I'm pretty sure Nightaku is using a poor translation utility for the English script. It could definitely use improvement, but I'm fairly lenient on this type of thing. I just find it hard when I can't actually understand what's meant, like in examples I've previously given.

Troy9000

Jun 4, 2020
To simplify your life and avoid waiting till 2022 please copy the game folder, renpy, and both .sh and .py archives replacing the ones on the 0.2 version ;)

If i saved your time, to whoever you are drop a like :sneaky:
Thanks , i'll try that .... i shall tell my machine bros and sis's :sneaky:

Reactions: ntrvip

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Any particular reason the MC constantly says "daughter" every few lines? I get it, she's his daughter. There's no need for a constant reminder, it's redundant.

Examples, and I'm paraphrasing:

Oh daughter...
Yes daughter...
Come here daughter...
I love you daughter...
Sit daughter, sit.. good daughter.. *woof*
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Any particular reason the MC constantly says "daughter" every few lines? I get it, she's his daughter. There's no need for a constant reminder, it's redundant.

Examples, and I'm paraphrasing:

Oh daughter...
Yes daughter...
Come here daughter...
I love you daughter...
Sit daughter, sit.. good daughter.. *woof*
I guess it comes from the translation, in some languages that word daughter is maybe much more used in a family dialogue than in english.
But it looks odd to me too, i noticed it when i played that game.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I guess it comes from the translation, in some languages that word daughter is maybe much more used in a family dialogue than in english.
But it looks odd to me too, i noticed it when i played that game.
Yeah, sounds like it. I've seen it in other VNs as well and corrected that so it at least doesn't read like it came from a food processor. There were a lot of other things I noticed in it that were cringe-worthy. For example, who in their right mind charges a phone ON a house? There's only one outlet and it just happens to be located on the roof? Man, that's a lot of extension cords running into the house. But I digest.. digress.. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: SoiCowboy

antoniomontenegro

Dec 29, 2017
The grammar was so poor in this I felt compelled to fix it before proceeding any further in the game. He, His and I aren't appropriate for daughters. Deleted about three dozen uses of the word "And", also modified some very puzzling uses of English. It's mostly readable now, mostly.
How to put this script?
Thank's

Echoraver

May 25, 2020
It says Uncencored but its still censored am i missing something? getting alot of black screens where animations should be

l1pp13jm

Oct 22, 2019
I made a quick Mod for the game with a few music tracks, walkthrough (well, there are only a few obvious choices so far...) and some other functions.

View attachment 1424569

Sept. 27, 2021
Re-uploaded my Mod for the new game release v0.3 again

Download Mod v0.3 (~23MB)
Workupload -

Info:
Reworked script file which integrates the corrections from
bamachine's script fixes into my Mod (thanks to Jellyluve): Link

Some ingame pics of the Mod:
View attachment 1424559 View attachment 1424560 View attachment 1424561 View attachment 1424562 View attachment 1424563 View attachment 1424564
Is there a way to apply this to android?

Reactions: JSebasastianF1
3.40 star(s) 80 Votes