-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I will say rendering large scenes can work a computer way harder than just your typical gaming usage. And most of these off the shelf high end graphics cards are for gaming. Not rendering. So I don't particularly doubt it when a gaming PC eats shit when it's asked to do animation/scene rendering day in day out.
True, although that does seem to be . I wonder how much modeling and rendering the people making those suggestions actually do themselves. :unsure:

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
You make reasoned points, and I respect that. However, I disagree somewhat with your assessment.

First, there is such a thing as saving. If a potential dev saved $100 / month it would only take 1½ years to get a pretty decent machine. I know people like to pretend you can't save that much a month, but those people generally either don't look at how much they blow on stuff like fast food or they don't have the will to cut things that are nice to have but they don't actually need. I'm not judging a specific person, but let's be real: do you actually need a subscription to Spotify? Do you really need a new iPhone every year? Only each individual can determine that, but in my experience (including with my own finances in the past) it's very easy to let your money get swallowed up when it doesn't need to be.

Second, any venture requires risk. You shouldn't be surprised when things go belly up at some point in the future. If you can't control your existing circumstances, your just asking to be at the mercy of something major happening later on. I didn't recommend sinking "all" one's money into a new rig. I only said maybe the order should be to buy the rig before making a serious go at indie development. Hoping as an indie developer you make it big enough to replace your computer parts is obviously an option, but the likelihood is high that you don't gain enough momentum for at least a couple of years. Can your GPU make it that long without melting down? Again, these are personal decisions, but I think far too many say they'll replace things later. Then, when later arrives, they can't afford to replace even the machine they already had. You can sink in that bog of quicksand fast.

I was only offering my own thoughts, something that should at least be considered. Maybe it will work for one person and not for another. I wasn't trying to claim it was what ever dev should do in their own situation. I don't know people's personal lives to be able to make that type of assessment. But being wholly unwilling even to think about other options is actually foolish.
Last I knew he had 1300+ subs for the last several months, so yeah if it was me and using an old machine to render, I sure as hell woulda built something a lot better, especially if it was already struggling, not wait until it dies and then do something about it, but that's me :)

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Last I knew he had 1300+ subs for the last several months, so yeah if it was me and using an old machine to render, I sure as hell woulda built something a lot better, especially if it was already struggling, not wait until it dies and then do something about it, but that's me :)
Oh, I didn't know he had built up that much of a supporter group. All the more reason. It would be even worse if there were supply chain difficulties in the world these days . . . oops.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
You make reasoned points, and I respect that. However, I disagree somewhat with your assessment.

First, there is such a thing as saving. If a potential dev saved $100 / month it would only take 1½ years to get a pretty decent machine. I know people like to pretend you can't save that much a month, but those people generally either don't look at how much they blow on stuff like fast food or they don't have the will to cut things that are nice to have but they don't actually need. I'm not judging a specific person, but let's be real: do you actually need a subscription to Spotify? Do you really need a new iPhone every year? Only each individual can determine that, but in my experience (including with my own finances in the past) it's very easy to let your money get swallowed up when it doesn't need to be.

Second, any venture requires risk. You shouldn't be surprised when things go belly up at some point in the future. If you can't control your existing circumstances, your just asking to be at the mercy of something major happening later on. I didn't recommend sinking "all" one's money into a new rig. I only said maybe the order should be to buy the rig before making a serious go at indie development. Hoping as an indie developer you make it big enough to replace your computer parts is obviously an option, but the likelihood is high that you don't gain enough momentum for at least a couple of years. Can your GPU make it that long without melting down? Again, these are personal decisions, but I think far too many say they'll replace things later. Then, when later arrives, they can't afford to replace even the machine they already had. You can sink in that bog of quicksand fast.

I was only offering my own thoughts, something that should at least be considered. Maybe it will work for one person and not for another. I wasn't trying to claim it was what ever dev should do in their own situation. I don't know people's personal lives to be able to make that type of assessment. But being wholly unwilling even to think about other options is actually foolish.
Nothing you said is technically wrong. I just know it's a lot to walk away from steady work with steady pay or invest significantly in a venture when it could fail. And that unknown/ doubt is scary. So yeah, you might decide to make due while you see what kind of support you have. I don't see it as that foolish to not put all your eggs in one basket.

Reactions: Huntrex05

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ONE OF THE BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME IS ABANDONED????
Does it have an abandoned tag ? No, and even then there's no guarantee a game is actually abandoned.
It's just delayed due to "Hardware issues", at least that's all I've heard so far

Reactions: oldman1980

_Rykon_

Mar 12, 2020
The Dev just updated us in mid October so I don't think abandoned is the correct term. Delayed due to graphics card failure was my understanding...
The biggest problem already adressed upwards is, he said he had problems he never said he fixed those problems!
And as CookieMonster666 refered,if he wasnt already prepared for this so called problem im not seeing him return in one years time, because you either hav the money and solve the problem in a month max when shit happens of if it is draggin up towards the 4 months mark then the probability (with the rising prices) is that u wont solve it short term.

My opinion of couse, its worth what its worth....

Reactions: denen

KhaiFirst

Feb 27, 2021
(y) what a good game.. no blueball production.. its truly are "OH DADDY" is a clear cut on title what game about.. you guys read review? why is bombarded with 1 star? you can't read what game tag? "force lesbian" :KEK: what!? game you playing? "no story" eh? is father daughter having Fun Times on holiday.. what you want? they discover time portal? alien invasion?

Game free.. Graphic is Good but got ppl give 1 star ? :KEK:

than ppl wonder! why delay! "is the game abandone!" lol read review if i was dev game... read all hate and make nosense Rate! i be turn OFF

3.40 star(s) 77 Votes