-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Could you please explain more about this?

I really loved this game
Nobody's heard from the dev for many months now. No one knows what's going on. We can't tell if he's actually abandoned the game, if he's just going through a bunch of RL problems, or if he's turned out to be someone just stringing everyone along and doesn't plan to do any more work on the game. It's all pretty up in the air right now.

Masoot

Sep 3, 2021
Nobody's heard from the dev for many months now. No one knows what's going on. We can't tell if he's actually abandoned the game, if he's just going through a bunch of RL problems, or if he's turned out to be someone just stringing everyone along and doesn't plan to do any more work on the game. It's all pretty up in the air right now.
The game always struck me as something that didn't have much of a plan to it. Perhaps the dev was overwhelmed with all the support and is hunkering down to deliver something up to expectation. Or they saw the successful business strategy of the Radiant devs and we won't see them for a year or so; like you said, who knows.

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
Protege? Its probably still him, different name, same bad english. Busy making another game, no time to update this one

LewdBrokeBard

Aug 3, 2020
bru if this got abandoned that would suck it had somewhat promise compared to the floor of other hentai games that all use the gameplay and story but swap like 3 words and the art...

Reactions: Kog Astarta

Renpy gamers

Aug 31, 2019
Announcement from Dev

Hello friends. First of all apologies for my silence. After prolonged and intensive use my graphic card had a nervous breakdown. Or put more mundanely, a major meltdown. The hard drive and MB were affected. Then it was my turn to have a nervous breakdown. Haha groan.

Oh Daddy started during the pandemic and my computer was a low end machine. It bravely held up a whole year until the graphics card burned.

I'm sorry I didn't post. I didn't want to post if I had nothing positive to say. That was a mistake. It's been an unpleasant period. I know that people often shit on creators when there are problems. I couldn't face even more negativity. Anyway, there is good news on the hardware front. I am nearly finished building a new computer. It will have an Intel Core i9 processor and a new high end graphics card. The card is supposed to arrive on Monday October 24. And I hope hope hope this one doesn't selfdestruct.

Endless thanks for your patience, my friends! My thanks also to my team for their support in trying circumstances.

Oh Daddy! continues!

Once again apologies for not telling you what was going on. I promise to keep you all in the loop going forward!
cooltext421544582394524.gif

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Announcement from Dev

Hello friends. First of all apologies for my silence. After prolonged and intensive use my graphic card had a nervous breakdown. Or put more mundanely, a major meltdown. The hard drive and MB were affected. Then it was my turn to have a nervous breakdown. Haha groan.

Oh Daddy started during the pandemic and my computer was a low end machine. It bravely held up a whole year until the graphics card burned.

I'm sorry I didn't post. I didn't want to post if I had nothing positive to say. That was a mistake. It's been an unpleasant period. I know that people often shit on creators when there are problems. I couldn't face even more negativity. Anyway, there is good news on the hardware front. I am nearly finished building a new computer. It will have an Intel Core i9 processor and a new high end graphics card. The card is supposed to arrive on Monday October 24. And I hope hope hope this one doesn't selfdestruct.

Endless thanks for your patience, my friends! My thanks also to my team for their support in trying circumstances.

Oh Daddy! continues!

Once again apologies for not telling you what was going on. I promise to keep you all in the loop going forward!
View attachment 2104782
It's unfortunate if what he says is true. I have no reason to doubt him specifically per se, but developers often cite this as a reason for delays so it's human nature to doubt generally. Maybe would-be developers should upgrade their rigs before starting on their VNs. It's not always true, but I often see developers saying things like, "I have all kinds of experience in games from my background, but I decided to quit my high-paying 9-to-5 so I could work on my passion project." That's understandable, but wouldn't it be wiser — if you had such a high-paying job before — to buy a top-of-the-line system, then quit your job, then work on your passion project? But I suppose everyone's situation is different, and not everyone can manage something like this. Still, it gets tiring to see the same reasons given, one dev after another.

Last edited:

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
It's unfortunate if what he says is true. I have no reason do doubt him specifically per se, but developers often cite this as a reason for delays so it's human nature to doubt generally. Maybe would-be developers should upgrade their rigs before starting on their VNs. It's not always true, but I often see developers saying things like, "I have all kinds of experience in games from my background, but I decided to quit my high-paying 9-to-5 so I could work on my passion project." That's understandable, but wouldn't it be wiser — if you had such a high-paying job before — to buy a top-of-the-line system, then quit your job, then work on your passion project? But I suppose everyone's situation is different, and not everyone can manage something like this. Still, it gets tiring to see the same reasons given, one dev after another.
I don't know anything about this dev and I know it's frustrating when so many devs start something and flake, but your "wise move" makes no sense. It's like saying "I have a lot of experience driving, so I should sink all my money into a high end race car and quit my job".

Most devs will use their jobs as a way to live while they make their VNs because there is no guarantee they can make enough money to live off of them. And most do it because they don't have jobs that can afford them a high end PC. And if they have that high end PC and their VN doesn't take off, there is a lot of money for something that's not making them any money. And now they have no job.

So... while I get your frustration and I share it... you either trust the dev is telling the truth or your don't. If you're supporting them and you don't trust them, keep your money. if you do, continue supporting them. Simple as that.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
It's unfortunate if what he says is true. I have no reason do doubt him specifically per se, but developers often cite this as a reason for delays so it's human nature to doubt generally. Maybe would-be developers should upgrade their rigs before starting on their VNs. It's not always true, but I often see developers saying things like, "I have all kinds of experience in games from my background, but I decided to quit my high-paying 9-to-5 so I could work on my passion project." That's understandable, but wouldn't it be wiser — if you had such a high-paying job before — to buy a top-of-the-line system, then quit your job, then work on your passion project? But I suppose everyone's situation is different, and not everyone can manage something like this. Still, it gets tiring to see the same reasons given, one dev after another.
Yeah I've lost count how many devs have used the failed hardware excuse, so I guess time will tell, and we'll just have to wait and see.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

ChippaiFan

Aug 28, 2022
I will say rendering large scenes can work a computer way harder than just your typical gaming usage. And most of these off the shelf high end graphics cards are for gaming. Not rendering. So I don't particularly doubt it when a gaming PC eats shit when it's asked to do animation/scene rendering day in day out.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I don't know anything about this dev and I know it's frustrating when so many devs start something and flake, but your "wise move" makes no sense. It's like saying "I have a lot of experience driving, so I should sink all my money into a high end race car and quit my job".

Most devs will use their jobs as a way to live while they make their VNs because there is no guarantee they can make enough money to live off of them. And most do it because they don't have jobs that can afford them a high end PC. And if they have that high end PC and their VN doesn't take off, there is a lot of money for something that's not making them any money. And now they have no job.

So... while I get your frustration and I share it... you either trust the dev is telling the truth or your don't. If you're supporting them and you don't trust them, keep your money. if you do, continue supporting them. Simple as that.
You make reasoned points, and I respect that. However, I disagree somewhat with your assessment.

First, there is such a thing as saving. If a potential dev saved $100 / month it would only take 1½ years to get a pretty decent machine. I know people like to pretend you can't save that much a month, but those people generally either don't look at how much they blow on stuff like fast food or they don't have the will to cut things that are nice to have but they don't actually need. I'm not judging a specific person, but let's be real: do you actually need a subscription to Spotify? Do you really need a new iPhone every year? Only each individual can determine that, but in my experience (including with my own finances in the past) it's very easy to let your money get swallowed up when it doesn't need to be.

Second, any venture requires risk. You shouldn't be surprised when things go belly up at some point in the future. If you can't control your existing circumstances, you're just asking to be at the mercy of something major happening later on. I didn't recommend sinking "all" one's money into a new rig. I only said maybe the order should be to buy the rig before making a serious go at indie development. Hoping as an indie developer you make it big enough to replace your computer parts is obviously an option, but the likelihood is high that you don't gain enough momentum for at least a couple of years. Can your GPU make it that long without melting down? Again, these are personal decisions, but I think far too many say they'll replace things later. Then, when later arrives, they can't afford to replace even the machine they already had. You can sink in that bog of quicksand fast.

I was only offering my own thoughts, something that should at least be considered. Maybe it will work for one person and not for another. I wasn't trying to claim it was what every dev should do in their own situation. I don't know people's personal lives to be able to make that type of assessment. But being wholly unwilling even to think about other options is actually foolish.

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 78 Votes