3.20 star(s) 26 Votes

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Just watch those nails. And stock up on thin wine glasses.

charlyh_38

May 22, 2021
Of course something went wrong there, it isn't a new release without something going wrong lol

For those who need it, here is a save file right at the end of the last version[
I have copied the save file in /game/save/ but it doesn't find it when I load the game ... (copied the zip file in the save directory) please can you help me how can I use your save file ?
thank you

Oppai Auteur

Developer of Old Friends and Public Transport
Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
I wish there was a "Scene Mod"
I don't think there would be a high demand for that, but you can hope I suppose lol

I have copied the save file in /game/save/ but it doesn't find it when I load the game ... (copied the zip file in the save directory) please can you help me how can I use your save file ?
thank you
Sorry I have zero understanding of this stuff, the copy to save to file approach is all I know, and that was learned on this forum

You need to ask someone with more knowledge in renpy

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
thank you
Can I just clarify did you say the save file you copied into the save game folder is a .zip file?.
If so that can't be right as save files in Renpy are .save files ie. 1-1-LT1.save.
If you did download someones elses save file as a .zip file then hopfully their save file is in that zip file.
And you will need to extract it first then put the .save file in your game/saves folder.

However if I am misunderstanding what you was saying then I'm sorry I can't help you in that case.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Shouldn't it be placed in the user/AppData/Roaming/Renpy/ folder?

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Shouldn't it be placed in the user/AppData/Roaming/Renpy/ folder?
well when I delete the oldversion of a game to try the new version I tend delete everything but the save folder in game/saves.
and I don't touch C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\OldFriendsandPublicTransport? at all.
As I'm not sure exactly sure how C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\OldFriendsandPublicTransport? truely works.
If its an actual copy or just information that tells the game you have a save's in them slots in the folder in game/saves.
but might be better or safer with a downloaded save file to put copy's it in both place's unless someone knows better.
But the main point I was aiming for is in either case those locations have .save files and not .zip

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Agreed with the file extension point. I know that the persistent location (AppData) is often the control area for games that don't create a local save folder. Since the person was having trouble getting saves to load, placing a copy of the save file there was my additional suggestion.

It's not a critical area to work in. Clearing the persistent files is often necessary for a full "clean" restart of a game and removal of all saves. Like any other files or folders, a copy can be made first if someone is nervous.

Reactions: D Dog and LWtbo

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Good story, not into the She-Hulk fetish.
It could definitely use a proofreader or a better one if it already has one.
At least be able to check the proofreading more than once would help.

Reactions: Oppai Auteur
3.20 star(s) 26 Votes