3.20 star(s) 26 Votes

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
I wonder if the MC is gonna get lucky with Madison or Miranda?
When is it going to be the big cougars turn in this story?
Madison needs a real man to tame her and iranda just needs an excuse to start that relationship between her and MC somehow. I hate to see those good curves go to waste.

Oppai Auteur

Developer of Old Friends and Public Transport
Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Also, in regards to the comment above, I would be happy to offer proofreader services if you want.
Considering my inconsistent updates, sending a new version to be proof read would be awkward

But if you don't mind proofreading the current version, I'll happily take the help

Good warm up for October renders.
Early start on horror

I wonder if the MC is gonna get lucky with Madison or Miranda?
When is it going to be the big cougars turn in this story?
Madison needs a real man to tame her and iranda just needs an excuse to start that relationship between her and MC somehow. I hate to see those good curves go to waste.
There is no incest in this game, and never will be.

Miranda is the end goal of the game, and Madison already has a fuck buddy she is fine with

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Considering my inconsistent updates, sending a new version to be proof read would be awkward

But if you don't mind proofreading the current version, I'll happily take the help

Early start on horror

Miranda is the end goal of the game, and Madison already has a fuck buddy she is fine with
It's just a few consistent mistakes here and there like to instead of too, your instead of you are or you're, no biggy.
It should take no more then a day if nothing better to do.
Usually when I encounter those, I just click fast to avoid them.
Also must be the reason why I finished this game so fast, and I started from the beginning.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019

Early start on horror

Then why is Madison even doing there then?
Who cares about her sex life?
Specially if you don't get to see it.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Then why is Madison even doing there then?
Who cares about her sex life?
Specially if you don't get to see it.
No offence but.
Madison is the MC's mom why wouldn't she appear in the game its not like he hates her and they are astranged.
Is it so surprising they talk to each other via phone or PC now and again?.
On top of that Madison is Miranda's BFF and they have been in contact with each other for years.
Madison and her young lover are in the story because Madison will try and persuade Miranda that she should get herself back in the game.
And more importantly back in the game but this time with a younger guy since this is what Madison has done and she wants Mirands to be as happy in a new relationship as she is.
And that will lead to Miranda giving serious thought to a relationship with the MC instead of her just dismissing the idea as fanciful as she has been doing up until now.
why are you suprised that madison is in the game if anything I'd say she is a major cog required towards the eventual outcome of this game.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
She's part of the story, that's why she's there, that's it.

We can have family members in these games and not have it involve incest
Who cares about the incest, just have her do something.
All other characters are dead in the water, specially Miranda.
Will we have to wait for another 3 1/2GB to get to the good part?
I still can't believe how fast I clicked through that.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
When I say current version I mean the version available for download now
Generally, when proofing a game for a developer, the proofreader/editor will receive either the rpy files or a txt file holding the dialogue. These can be sent back to the dev to either replace or review and replace.

This is the technique I use with the two devs I proof for currently, one using the former and one using the latter. I believe this is what Dipper was referring to when he said "send it over".

Oppai Auteur

Developer of Old Friends and Public Transport
Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Generally, when proofing a game for a developer, the proofreader/editor will receive either the rpy files or a txt file holding the dialogue. These can be sent back to the dev to either replace or review and replace.

This is the technique I use with the two devs I proof for currently, one using the former and one using the latter. I believe this is what Dipper was referring to when he said "send it over".
Ah that makes way more sense, never had anyone proofread before so I was a little confused

I have each day as a separate text file so that probably wouldn't be the most efficient, especially since that doesn't account for me making mistakes while coding it. The rpy file would probably be better, as soon as I find out what that is lol

Another reminder of how little I know about this stuff lol

Dipper Pines

Aug 14, 2018
Ah that makes way more sense, never had anyone proofread before so I was a little confused

I have each day as a separate text file so that probably wouldn't be the most efficient, especially since that doesn't account for me making mistakes while coding it. The rpy file would probably be better, as soon as I find out what that is lol

Another reminder of how little I know about this stuff lol
When I did this before I received a txt file, as Ignatz said, I have never done it with a rpy files, but I'm sure I could figure it out.

Maybe you could give me some pointers on working with the rpy files.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
There is a program called "Atom" that you can read and edit rpy files (among others) in. The program allows the dev a comparison of old and new files to quickly find differences in the two files, thus speeding up the process for the dev in finding the changes and deciding whether they agree or not with them. You can read more about it here:

If the person is only doing spelling/grammar fixes, the dev may prefer to simply replace the rpy files without checking them. Totally under the control of the dev.

It's important for the proofreader to only work on the text and not change any of the coding, since you have all the rules and conditions also shown in the rpy files. Not as critical with OFaPT, as it is not a choice based game, but still important and smart for general safety.

Dipper Pines

Aug 14, 2018
There is a program called "Atom" that you can read and edit rpy files (among others) in. The program allows the dev a comparison of old and new files to quickly find differences in the two files, thus speeding up the process for the dev in finding the changes and deciding whether they agree or not with them. You can read more about it here:

If the person is only doing spelling/grammar fixes, the dev may prefer to simply replace the rpy files without checking them. Totally under the control of the dev.

It's important for the proofreader to only work on the text and not change any of the coding, since you have all the rules and conditions also shown in the rpy files. Not as critical with OFaPT, as it is not a choice based game, but still important and smart for general safety.
Thanks

3.20 star(s) 26 Votes