3.20 star(s) 26 Votes

Oppai Auteur

Developer of Old Friends and Public Transport
Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Hey guys, really feel the need to jump in here since I just realized that 0.00041 came out in fucking August...jesus fucking christ that's a long time *sigh*

I wish I could say we are close to being done, but we aren't. In fact the update is supposed to have two days of story, and the first of the two isn't even done yet. Day 6 is only just over half way done, in terms of renders anyway, script was finished moths ago.

I don't do this full time, and my job has been cutting into this more and more. Combine that with real life issues I wont get into and we reach this level of shit progress...and I wanted this to eventually be my main focus, fucking lol that is sad :p

Anyway work will continue but I think I really need to set some expectations going forward, by that I mean it might be best to put this game out of your mind for while. I said the whole when its ready thing for laugh, but that probably is going to have to be the way I approach things in the future.

That or make the updates smaller, example one day per update instead of two. But even then regular updates would still be an issue, suppose I leave that up to you guys to give an opinion on that

Depending on how things go I might put out Day 6 on its own in December to try and least give you guys something for Christmas. Maybe combining our first sex scene with the holiday spirit will makes things feel a little better lol

Sorry to all who were looking forward to this, I still appreciate the amount interest you guys have in this pretty bare bones games. Especially considering all the quality games we have on here, you clearly have better options to spend your time on lol

Hopefully next time I'll have happier things to say, anyway have a Day 6 render

KJap C3.jpg

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Hey guys, really feel the need to jump in here since I just realized that 0.00041 came out in fucking August...jesus fucking christ that's a long time *sigh*
Yeah, it doesn't feel that way for me either. I guess your art thread compensated for some time.
Sorry to all who were looking forward to this, I still appreciate the amount interest you guys have in this pretty bare bones games. Especially considering all the quality games we have on here, you clearly have better options to spend your time on lol
Indeed we do have many new games to play, but favourites staying favourites for me. So yeah, i'm still here and looking forward for any release when will play with Katie's puppies once again. :p I understand how work and real life goes. As for the your question about amount of days per update, then i suppose i will prefer one day. And pretty sure majority will also. Even though usually i like the more content the better, but in this case i guess more frequent releases will be the best approach.

Reactions: Oppai Auteur

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I am happy to allow Dil the use of Katie. I'm, of course, signed on for the very large and very round Miranda.

What I appreciated most about this game was the humor in the writing. I thought that your Daz work could still use improving, but expected that to grow as you did more work with the tools. You can't teach good humor writing, though. Either you can handle it or you're flat. This game had promise in the dialogue.

But, hey, I get the "real life" nonsense. I promised I was going to re-run the game and give comments a while back and I haven't done squat for you, so, I'm certainly not going to cast the first stone.

If you get to it, great. If not, it would be a shame, but at least it was a new experience for you. Hopefully, whatever you choose, you don't pack away that creativity forever.

Happy holidays to you and the rest of the "loyalists" still hanging around this thread!

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Yeah, it doesn't feel that way for me either. I guess your art thread compensated for some time.
More than likely, I guess the drip feed there took the edge off lol

Indeed we do have many new games to play, but favourites staying favourites for me. So yeah, i'm still here and looking forward for any release when will play with Katie's puppies once again. :p I understand how work and real life goes. As for the your question about amount of days per update, then i suppose i will prefer one day. And pretty sure majority will also. Even though usually i like the more content the better, but in this case i guess more frequent releases will be the best approach.
Might be the best option going forward, only pitfall there is falling into the same issue a lot of devs have when it comes to amount of content and the frequency of release. People can get pretty frustrated with a constant stream of short unfulfilling updates

I know most would say its the quality not the quantity, but it can be hard to deliver something that feels worth the wait over and over when it comes to shorter updates

What I appreciated most about this game was the humor in the writing. I thought that your Daz work could still use improving, but expected that to grow as you did more work with the tools. You can't teach good humor writing, though. Either you can handle it or you're flat. This game had promise in the dialogue.
I was hoping the same when it came to improving my skills in Daz lol

Glad to know my jokes are landing with some then haha

If you get to it, great. If not, it would be a shame, but at least it was a new experience for you. Hopefully, whatever you choose, you don't pack away that creativity forever.
Well I hope people will be happy to hear that is extremely unlikely!

The reason the art thread has gotten semi regular updates is because I really enjoy making stuff in Daz. Just now it is just more of a problem getting enough time to do something long form like a full update as apposed to something like one-off renders that can be done in 30mins.

Its a lot easier to do them than it is to do scripting, rendering and coding a huge chunk of content

Reactions: Dilettante

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Might be the best option going forward, only pitfall there is falling into the same issue a lot of devs have when it comes to amount of content and the frequency of release. People can get pretty frustrated with a constant stream of short unfulfilling updates

I know most would say its the quality not the quantity, but it can be hard to deliver something that feels worth the wait over and over when it comes to shorter updates
Well, the problem is - i've been here for some time, and i've seen that some of them will get frustrated either way. Lack of updates for months, frequent small updates. Both will be seen as something bad by some. But if you to bring more people on board here, more frequent updates is always the best. Of course ideal thing is to somehow deliver on "middle ground".
I am happy to allow Dil the use of Katie. I'm, of course, signed on for the very large and very round Miranda.
Heh, picture with Katie is what caught my attention. I'm greedy and i want them all. :p Miranda will probably be the queen of this harem.

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
Thanks for the status update @Oppai Auteur.

Yeah RL can be quite a handful at times.

Most of us here enjoy this content and can patiently wait for more. I'm in the camp of medium to large update more that the smaller ones. Though in the end it's your project so whatever your comfortable with is A OK in my book.

One big plus I like about this story is the writing, characters, and your one of a few developers who use more than one chocolate skinned beauty in their game (Which i believe is a severely underrepresented group in adult games).

Thanks for all the content and take care of yourself.

Excelsior

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Well, the problem is - i've been here for some time, and i've seen that some of them will get frustrated either way. Lack of updates for months, frequent small updates. Both will be seen as something bad by some. But if you to bring more people on board here, more frequent updates is always the best. Of course ideal thing is to somehow deliver on "middle ground".
True, people will be frustrated regardless. But I personally always seemed to notice the smaller updates being the ones to piss people off the most

Heh, picture with Katie is what caught my attention. I'm greedy and i want them all. :p Miranda will probably be the queen of this harem.
You all have to learn to share!

Thanks for the status update @Oppai Auteur.

Yeah RL can be quite a handful at times.

Most of us here enjoy this content and can patiently wait for more. I'm in the camp of medium to large update more that the smaller ones. Though in the end it's your project so whatever your comfortable with is A OK in my book.

One big plus I like about this story is the writing, characters, and your one of a few developers who use more than one chocolate skinned beauty in their game (Which i believe is a severely underrepresented group in adult games).

Thanks for all the content and take care of yourself.

Excelsior
Cheers man!

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
True, people will be frustrated regardless. But I personally always seemed to notice the smaller updates being the ones to piss people off the most
I'm opposite. Usually sitting in games that update less frequently, but with pretty long amount of content. And well, those sweet cries "when update?", "can't wait", "gimme" etc. is always something entertaining. Of course the kind of frustration is different in these cases. And how to satisfy these guys.
You all have to learn to share!
Maybe, but you know i'm sweettooth. :p

Last edited:

Oppai Auteur

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
I'm opposite. Usually sitting in games that update less frequently, but with pretty long amount of content. And well, those sweet cries "when update?", "can't wait", "gimme" etc. is always something entertaining. Of course the kind of frustration is different in these cases. And how to satisfy these guys.
I'm already used to the 'when update?' crowd, they are everywhere, even here lol

Maybe, but you know i'm sweettooth. :p
That's no excuse to be greedy

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
I'm already used to the 'when update?' crowd, they are everywhere, even here lol
Well, if you had patreon, then you know that some people will also cry about "dirty thieves". "How could you charge without releasing each month?" When nobody ever said devs should release anything each month, but crowd still assume so many things about patreon.
That's no excuse to be greedy
Then just take it that your ladies is just too good to share. I just can't. :p

3.20 star(s) 26 Votes