TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Don't you think the fact that you are having this several post-long discussion about the story, that means that maybe the story is not that well written enough and maybe you should make things different?

To be honest, i think a easy fix for all these complaints that people are having is to just make the protagonist be obviously weak, make him be a scholar-like character: curious about everything but not particularly strong in terms of physical/magical power. Make a weak to strong cliche and make the first enemies of the game be the Drows, instead of him brainwashing they easily, make him have to put up a fight, defeat they first, enslave they later.

These stories where the protagonist is a OP monster work in other media because we can't interact with them in the same way we do in video games. It is way more satisfying to begin weak and then get strong in a video game.

Yeah yeah, i know that he technically isn't strong, i read your garbage explanation but i think it is not enough. Make his strength be his ability to learn, he learns fast, let that be his Cheat skill. Make his weakness and defects more obvious.
The main point of the story is that the slime is a an ancient being, and the world this takes place on is shaped by other ancient beings, their power stemming from their absorption of the very power the universe was created with, Omni is unique in that they maintained that primordial power when all others of his kind did not. His power of learning basically is his only power of relevance for the story, he's and overlord that has minions do all of the fighting for him.

My "garbage explanation" is only so because I'm failing to convey what kind of story I'm trying to tell. Omni appears all powerful, until they discover they are not, from then on they use intermediaries to explore and learn of the world around them. They then focus on learning, and enhancing the power of themselves and their subordinates.

I'm not going to make Omni weak because they defeats the main plot points of an ancient being rising to power from obscurity, and all the old powers who are in stagnate fight for the world find that their ancient powers don't mean shit in the face of the oldest living thing in the world.

Example: Ancient dragons taking pride in how ancient they are, how their age means they gained their power when the universe was at it's apex in terms of magical abundance. A slime creature reveals itself to be the mastermind of a rapidly growing empire, in their vanity they look down on slime, slime gives big reveal that it's older than they are, and their puny lizard brains snap like twigs as everything they thought they knew is proven wrong (Slime isn't the only one working with incomplete information, nor are they the only one resting on the laurels of past victories).

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
I feel like you're taking my criticisms as an attack of your plans/ideas for the game, and not as the criticism of their implementation. The whole point of my posts is: "This could probably be explained better to the player.". Even pro writers have people to check over their shit to avoid these kind of issues. Getting other people's perspectives to make sure you avoid stuff like this is incredibly important. What you mean to do can conflict with what people experience. If something isn't explained well enough to the players early game, it causes issues later on. Like how I said it seemed to me that the way the MC didn't prepare properly for new threats was odd. You might have a reason for that, but that doesn't help anybody playing the game that have an issue with that unless they come over here and search through all your posts here lol.

You keep responding to me with stuff that isn't shown in game. You shouldn't need to explain so much here to cover for conflicts in game. That's what I'm trying to say. There's stuff that can't be left to clarifying later because it's creating conflicts right now. If people are humanizing a "slime with a crystal brain" too much before they're supposed to, you might need to make more of an effort to make it clear he's lacking in humanity to avoid that. How can it be exciting in the future when the MC grows and improves in various ways if your readers didn't even realize he was lacking in that stuff in the first place? The early dialogue/scenes seems to me to be sending off a lot of vibes that you don't intend them to. Do you think those ideas are implemented/explained as well as they could be?

Compare it to movie making. People that have spent their whole lives making movies still blow it and get terrible reviews by people. The writers/directors liked the ideas enough to think it was worth millions of dollars and a year or two or whatever to make, but they implement those ideas so poorly that it fails. Obviously an rpgmaker game isn't that serious, but ya know, examples, lol. Nobody is immune to those kinds of issues is the point, all those checks and balances and they still fail to convey their ideas well enough. The ideas/plans aren't usually the issue, it's not being able to see their product from the perspective of their viewers well enough.

So yes, clarification for the player (in game) is what I've always been asking for. We can't read your mind, we can only judge what we see in the game.
I'm not offended by your criticism, and I would argue that this discussion was started from me misspeaking in the first place when I said that: "I don't want people to think Anu is a god from the worm battles" What I actually meant was: "I hope people who play my game don't lose interest and just assume all combat will be this stupid and simple." Because it won't be, combat will be a learning process, most combat will be through side protagonists the player will control, and they start at level 1.

Think of levels as accumulated power, and skills as things you learn through using them.

Reactions: Talamae

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
So here is my question will we be able to actually see the pregnancy or not really
As in artwork of pregnant bellies? Someday yes.
As in scenes of pregnant sex? Eventually yes.
As in birthing scenes? No.
There will be other characters with pregnancies as the game develops as well.

Dec 1, 2021
The main point of the story is that the slime is a an ancient being, and the world this takes place on is shaped by other ancient beings, their power stemming from their absorption of the very power the universe was created with, Omni is unique in that they maintained that primordial power when all others of his kind did not. His power of learning basically is his only power of relevance for the story, he's and overlord that has minions do all of the fighting for him.
Yeah and my point is that, there's a better way to do this. Immortality itself is already a very OP power, i've realized this is something western writers don't seem to grasp well, in Chinese/Korean novels, the final objective itself generally is Immortality while westerners prefer to just make everything not human be immortal.

You realize that Immortality means infinite time, right?

Edit: Fuuuck, i had written immorality instead of immortality...

Times is the most precious invisible recourse in our world and it would be even more valuable in a world with magic, with immortality, i can learn everything even if i don't have talent because talent becomes obsolete when there's no limit for mistakes.

Now that i think about it, a more interesting plot would be for the Slime to realize that it's primordial lifespan is ending and it needs to find a way to become immortal, then it goes out of the ruins in order to search for a way to be immortal.
It would give a more clear objective for the Slime besides "Know everything"

There's this novel called Warlock of the Magus World, which has a similar protagonist who is searching for all knowledge in his universe but first he tries to find a way to be immortal because he needs time to experiment and test hypothesis and do all the scientific mambo-jumbo, and he has only a human's lifespan initially.

By the end of the story he becomes a cosmic horror, defeats the personification of death and then becomes omnipotent.

My "garbage explanation" is only so because I'm failing to convey what kind of story I'm trying to tell. Omni appears all powerful, until they discover they are not, from then on they use intermediaries to explore and learn of the world around them. They then focus on learning, and enhancing the power of themselves and their subordinates.

I'm not going to make Omni weak because they defeats the main plot points of an ancient being rising to power from obscurity, and all the old powers who are in stagnate fight for the world find that their ancient powers don't mean shit in the face of the oldest living thing in the world.
Yeah and i'm trying to say there's better ways to do that but i'm not good at writing myself, there's probably somebody out there with better ideas for your story.

Example: Ancient dragons taking pride in how ancient they are, how their age means they gained their power when the universe was at it's apex in terms of magical abundance. A slime creature reveals itself to be the mastermind of a rapidly growing empire, in their vanity they look down on slime, slime gives big reveal that it's older than they are, and their puny lizard brains snap like twigs as everything they thought they knew is proven wrong (Slime isn't the only one working with incomplete information, nor are they the only one resting on the laurels of past victories).
The more i think about it, the more i think you should've made a Renpy visual novel instead of a RPG maker game where it requires more gameplay. If you feel like it, i could find somebody to do the art for you, i know plenty of desperate artists who would accept any price.

Last edited:

Grimreaper24

Nov 23, 2019
So a couple of bugs I've noticed one is when you talk to the one djinn merchant to get the lamp he disappears after you make a decision but you repeat the scene for it again and secondly some scenes show anu as the one guard with you I thought you would like to know for future updates

8Juka8

Apr 27, 2019
I'm curious how this will turn out, it really got me interested. I'll follow the future updates to see how it goes, and good luck with the game, dev

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Hey dev, are you aware that Subscribestar is having some issues and that no posts more recent than March are visible? I don't know if you in particular have any more recent posts than that (though I would assume you posted version 0.109 there), but this is something that's been happening to everyone and Subscribestar hasn't been alerting their users about it. I don't think you can see the issue for yourself, either, as your posts will appear visible to you but not to other people going to your page. Kind of a massive issue that you wouldn't even know about unless someone else tells you, and I'm trying to get the word out to as many devs as possible. Especially since their tech support has indicated they don't even have a fix in the pipeline yet and may not ever have one. (Aparrently there's some issue with a third party they're using.)

Regarding the game itself, while there are several typos here and there (and a whole lot of "your" that should be "you're), there's one egregious one: What you called "Magnum Opis" should be "Magnum Opus". Also, a person traditionally only has one Magnum Opus, and it's something they create themselves (it literally means "Great Work"), so the crystal inside the protagonist wouldn't be his Magnum Opus before he's even refined it.

Edit: Another issue I noticed is during the teleportation experiment. I kept trying to figure out why the clone looked like Phaeress, and why it looked like there was a slime behind them... Then Phaeress started walking around with the slime following behind her. I'm guessing what happened is that you removed Anu from the party and added the slime, but forgot to remove Phaeress, making her default to the leader.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8Juka8

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Hey dev, are you aware that Subscribestar is having some issues and that no posts more recent than March are visible? I don't know if you in particular have any more recent posts than that (though I would assume you posted version 0.109 there), but this is something that's been happening to everyone and Subscribestar hasn't been alerting their users about it. I don't think you can see the issue for yourself, either, as your posts will appear visible to you but not to other people going to your page. Kind of a massive issue that you wouldn't even know about unless someone else tells you, and I'm trying to get the word out to as many devs as possible. Especially since their tech support has indicated they don't even have a fix in the pipeline yet and may not ever have one. (Aparrently there's some issue with a third party they're using.)

Regarding the game itself, while there are several typos here and there (and a whole lot of "your" that should be "you're), there's one egregious one: What you called "Magnum Opis" should be "Magnum Opus". Also, a person traditionally only has one Magnum Opus, and it's something they create themselves (it literally means "Great Work"), so the crystal inside the protagonist wouldn't be his Magnum Opus before he's even refined it.

Edit: Another issue I noticed is during the teleportation experiment. I kept trying to figure out why the clone looked like Phaeress, and why it looked like there was a slime behind them... Then Phaeress started walking around with the slime following behind her. I'm guessing what happened is that you removed Anu from the party and added the slime, but forgot to remove Phaeress, making her default to the leader.
That Subsribestar thing is annoying, but apparently their tech support doesn't like answering emails, not much else I can do about that at the moment.

The Phaeress bug and merchant bug will be fixed in the next hotfix release. Thanks for the spelling corrections, but please specify where they are in the game.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Thanks for the spelling corrections, but please specify where they are in the game.
The "Magnum Opis" parts, at least, are both near the beginning when Omni first ends up in his pool. First he uses it to describe his crystal brain, then later he uses it to describe Anu after creating him. The other typos I don't really have a list of. They're a little too numerous to keep track of, especially with so much text in the game.

Talamae

Sep 2, 2021
I am really digging this premise. I am working on a series of science fiction novels to eventually publish.

As for the criticism you got from some of the users, they have a couple good points, but I think they were unnecessarily coarse with what they said.

I can't remember the hard level cap in RPGM, and I am not sure which version this is built in. So I am not sure if it goes higher than 99. If it does, I would recommend putting it as high as 255 if possible.

Sure, Omni is obscenely powerful at the start. That is absolutely fine. I would like some progression eventually, (hence the recommendation for such a high level cap) but I wouldn't set that as a top priority yet.

If needed, I might be able to help some with the writing, just DM me if you need it. (Even if all you need is a spare set of hands to type up what you have planned. I would gladly respect that.)

As for the lack of CG, that is not a concern of mine at this point, your premise already claimed me, and the way you are setting things up is quite brilliant. If I was a better artist, I would offer some art. But I don’t consider my work marketable quality. At least in digital formats.

A side note, that may get me some flak here on f95 (so long as it isn't a ban, I don't care) is this:

If you wanted to, or needed to for some reason, you could cut the NSFW content from the story, archive it, and add it back in as DLC later. Your premise and concept could work well without it, and to me that is something that makes Omnilord special. I find the premise VERY engaging.

I am finding myself so invested in the progression and development of the "family" so engaging that I could easily enjoy this game just as much without NSFW stuff. That is a really good sign.

Keep up the good work. This is one I definitely want to watch. And, again, if you want some other assistance, let me know.

DICKHEAD10001

Oct 31, 2019
i downloaded the file, extract it out of the zip etc
but when I clicked on the game.exe it says ''The code execution cannot proceed because nw_elf.dll was not found.
anyone know how to fix?

8Juka8

Apr 27, 2019
i downloaded the file, extract it out of the zip etc
but when I clicked on the game.exe it says ''The code execution cannot proceed because nw_elf.dll was not found.
anyone know how to fix?
You should download/repair the file. You can found it by searching for the error on the web

Talamae

Sep 2, 2021
Are there no images of the sex scenes or am I just missing something?
No images yet. This game is still in early development.

If TheOtherYuggoth gets to do everything they want, this will be one of the best games out there. Seems like there is a LOT of things planned, and I can't wait.

Reactions: TankH04

Talamae

Sep 2, 2021
No problem. This is a development I want to follow, even if the H-Content winds up delayed. The premise captured me fast.

3.10 star(s) 8 Votes