VN Ren'Py Abandoned On My Way [v0.15] [EroTcniques]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Should I re-render the characters so they look more their age?

• Yes

Votes: 248 73.8%
  • no

Votes: 88 26.2%

• Total voters

DJenser

May 8, 2018
However, before you get to leave for college, you are met with a series of events that may force you to become an "adult" earlier than you'd like.
Let me guess. Your father died/disappeared under mysterious circumstances...

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Aunt is awesome, kind of feels more like MC's older sister. Anyways, good start, looking forward to see where it goes. ( I'm more interested in romance/solo Aunt path)

Reactions: Cigzag

ilon55

Jan 11, 2019
Ok I have to ask... Why do writers include a scene where the MC isn't present with two characters discussing how they are going to screw the MC over, and then later in the game offer no way to avoid the MC bending over for said screwing? Do other people respond to that positively? Because it just irritates me and makes me think about playing something else instead.
Unfortunately, more and more devs are abusing god's eye view. It's a pure waste of time because I usually skip these scenes. I don't like these kinds of "surprises". If I'm playing as MC, I don't want to know more than he should know.

erotcniques

Sep 17, 2021
Unfortunately, more and more devs are abusing god's eye view. It's a pure waste of time because I usually skip these scenes. I don't like these kinds of "surprises". If I'm playing as MC, I don't want to know more than he should know.
What about when the LI is telling the MC her story and then they go into a flashback, does that count as god's view?

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
The renders are ok, the aunt who is supposed to be a MILF looks 20 but well we are used to this!! ;)
The writing is a bit clumsy, the dev wanted to show some flashbacks to give some background but it's not really well placed in the story.
But my biggest concern is the characters building, in such a VN based mostly on the story you absolutely need to quickly setup the characters and give them some life, the dev has tried to do this but it's a bit unclear and the characters do some things without any real motivation. The fact that the dev wants to make some mysteries doesn't help with this.
After a while i started to not give a shit for them and when the MC just jumped into that crappy story of dealing drugs without any doubts and after the stupid scene in the bar, i understand that the dev must be russian because of that love for boose and mafia shit!:ROFLMAO:
Each time a story makes the MC doing stupid things, getting wasted for no reason, getting into some shady business without thinking about it, i start to give up any hope for a good story.
Well the MC was supposed to be some smart guy who managed to get in some good college but he just get wasted and start dealing drugs, behave like an asshole most of the time, very smart indeed, i think he will spend the next years in jail trying to no drop the soap in the showers!:ROFLMAO:

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
The renders are ok, the aunt who is supposed to be a MILF looks 20 but well we are used to this!! ;)
The writing is a bit clumsy, the dev wanted to show some flashbacks to give some background but it's not really well placed in the story.
But my biggest concern is the characters building, in such a VN based mostly on the story you absolutely need to quickly setup the characters and give them some life, the dev has tried to do this but it's a bit unclear and the characters do some things without any real motivation. The fact that the dev wants to make some mysteries doesn't help with this.
After a while i started to not give a shit for them and when the MC just jumped into that crappy story of dealing drugs without any doubts and after the stupid scene in the bar, i understand that the dev must be russian because of that love for boose and mafia shit!:ROFLMAO:
Each time a story makes the MC doing stupid things, getting wasted for no reason, getting into some shady business without thinking about it, i start to give up any hope for a good story.
Well the MC was supposed to be some smart guy who managed to get in some good college but he just get wasted and start dealing drugs, behave like an asshole most of the time, very smart indeed, i think he will spend the next years in jail trying to no drop the soap in the showers!:ROFLMAO:
I agree on the gang/drug stuff not enough hardships shown to warrant joining. A 5k medical bill made him throw his life away.

Reactions: erotcniques

erotcniques

Sep 17, 2021
Thank you for the feedback.
This is a sound criticism and what you said makes sense. I will address these issues in the next episode, to tighten up the story a bit more. As for the MC joining the Gang, I can make more sound reasons, but I based a lot of characters on people I've met in my life, and I've seen some really dumb people make it to college. Not that is an excuse for my crappy writing. But definitely will be spending a lot more time on the dialogue and story for the next few episodes.

Reactions: DA22

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
Wow, very promising start. Grammar is pretty rough though, guessing this is yet another Developer who is not a native English speaker, (or at least I hope that's the case.)
Intriguing story and characters, decent enough renders. Looking forward to more. Just please for the love of shit, get a proof reader.
Also, while I like the way the Aunty looks... she doesn't look old enough and neither do any of the other characters who are supposed to be "older". There are plenty of mature DAZ female models out there, not sure why it seems to be such a struggle for some devs to use them.

Last edited:

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
Aunt is awesome, kind of feels more like MC's older sister. Anyways, good start, looking forward to see where it goes. ( I'm more interested in romance/solo Aunt path)
Same here. The other girls seem extremely forced and kind of cringe (besides the girl from the hospital, she seems okay too). The Aunty is the only one who has behaved close to an actual human being so far.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020
It's a bit too much calling it an abuse - the grand majority of TV shows are multi point of view. In fact I have a hard time remembering a first person point of view show.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
per request, here is my unofficial android port of On My Way v0.15.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall the app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore it needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

• Red Heart
Reactions: underoath27

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
not a bad game ... your story has me wondering ... if it will end up to complex ... the renders are pretty good ... i agree you should make them more the ages they should be ...
my opinion : i know who cares what i think ..... anyway ....... why do Dev.s always wanna make male MC's be so stupid and helpless .... when i was 16 for example i got a job and made money , yeah it was just part time but to the point i was able to help some at least ... difficult times back when i was a kid ..... my point is making any MC's for that matter ... they should be more self reliant ... especially todays young kids ... you dev's it seems make younger people to be ... well quite stupid and unreliable ... but i guess if thats what your looking for making a game ... no real difference than any other games .. i look forward to see what else you come up with .... btw story isn't bad (y)(y)(y)

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes