Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
Yep did both of those already, he is already back at his hut and now helps when there is a blue flame. I'm stuck shortly after where he leads you through the forest.

There is still the crystal blocking the path to under Hoodton if that helps.
THe crystal for hoodton is endgame content.
How many keys have you gotten for the mayor of Grimtale?

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
You tease. Send a PM if you want, I'm not playing over from start
Alright fine: Examining the bunny when it comes back after shooing grants Intelligence and an "ambush point" that counts toward getting a Sphere of Order after the Isolated Tale which you eventually forge into the Tunic of Twisted Order, a good endgame armor anyone can wear.
Ingrid is at 46, Ulfina at 43, Hood at 40 and Wilhem somewhere between.
In a previous version the level cap was bugged and you were allowed to exceed 40.

Reactions: Sotman and Anon21

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
In a previous version the level cap was bugged and you were allowed to exceed 40.
Aha. Now I'm kinda wondering if I could 'downgrade' to whatever that version was, level a bunch, then 'upgrade' without breaking everything horribly.

Probably not. :p

I have a tendency to 'over-grind' on games so I dislike hard level caps. It's like, for 90% of the game you can, if you really want to, out-level your opponents but for the last 10% the game is like "No levels for you!"

xycggiyygyufuvi

Aug 25, 2018
You should be able to talk to the mayor, then exit the town to the south then go to the bottom right of the 'forest' area and find a new portal.
Thank you! I've been running around for hours ingame and pulling my hair out irl.

Ok slight exaggeration about the hair...

I also helped the child get out of this realm, and had to cheat to do it. Idk if before that this portal does nothing, or somehow I never clicked it in the first place, but after helping the child I never came back and clicked this one.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
Thank you! I've been running around for hours ingame and pulling my hair out irl.

Ok slight exaggeration about the hair...

I also helped the child get out of this realm, and had to cheat to do it. Idk if before that this portal does nothing, or somehow I never clicked it in the first place, but after helping the child I never came back and clicked this one.
Glad to help! I had similar problems not even being able to find the grimtale portal in the killing fields!

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
GOSH DARN IT! I paid for the $10 Patreon so I could get the earlier 0.4.3 release to get past the Djinn glitch.

the download link was removed from the Patreon post. D:

The 0.4.4 link is still there, I guess I'll find out if the djinn bug is still there. Or I could use the insta-kill cheat someone made earlier I guess?

If someone has download links for the 0.4.3 version hanging around that would be cool, too. :)

You can shoo the bunny? I thought it was a cutscene.
Yeah, in your inventory - before the vital point - you can pet it / ignore it / shoo it. Unfortunately I didn't have a recent save when when the ambush happened so I was stuck with that route unless I replayed a whole lot.

Last edited:

Sotman

Mar 18, 2018
GOSH DARN IT! I paid for the $10 Patreon so I could get the earlier 0.4.3 release to get past the Djinn glitch.

the download link was removed from the Patreon post. D:

The 0.4.4 link is still there, I guess I'll find out if the djinn bug is still there. Or I could use the insta-kill cheat someone made earlier I guess?

If someone has download links for the 0.4.3 version hanging around that would be cool, too. :)

Yeah, in your inventory - before the vital point - you can pet it / ignore it / shoo it. Unfortunately I didn't have a recent save when when the ambush happened so I was stuck with that route unless I replayed a whole lot.

Sotman

Mar 18, 2018
Anon21 BTW, do you know if Sierra or someone from her Patreon is working on a guide? I want to replay the game sometime later from the start but I don't want to miss any content again.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Anon21 BTW, do you know if Sierra or someone from her Patreon is working on a guide? I want to replay the game sometime later from the start but I don't want to miss any content again.
Didn't notice anything in the posts about that. Thanks for the link, BTW. Luckily 0.4.4 worked (and doesn't have the level limit) so I got past the Djinn OK.

Reactions: Sotman

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
A guide is unlikely to be made until the game is public.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
So ... anybody used the Bloody Cloth to forge something in Bangville? I think it's the only one I'm missing from there.

Also, when you first go into the weird library dungeon from the Final Campfire a couple of boss monsters escape into nearby tales. One is the grim reaper looking dude in Grimtown, the other was a giant wolf. Was the wolf the same as the blight wolf? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Sotman

Mar 18, 2018
Didn't notice anything in the posts about that. Thanks for the link, BTW. Luckily 0.4.4 worked (and doesn't have the level limit) so I got past the Djinn OK.
So ... anybody used the Bloody Cloth to forge something in Bangville? I think it's the only one I'm missing from there.

Also, when you first go into the weird library dungeon from the Final Campfire a couple of boss monsters escape into nearby tales. One is the grim reaper looking dude in Grimtown, the other was a giant wolf. Was the wolf the same as the blight wolf? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
It seems to be the blight wolf. During the cutscene, you can see that it spawned in the area and if you have defeated the Blight Wolf before and go to the spawn location, you find nothing.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
It seems to be the blight wolf. During the cutscene, you can see that it spawned in the area and if you have defeated the Blight Wolf before and go to the spawn location, you find nothing.
Yeah, I think it doesn't actually spawn there "for realzies" when you go to that dungeon, only when you talk to the hunter in New Canisan. So the 'blight wolf' has two origin stories. :p

I finished the game in v0.4.4 - the book battles in that dungeon were tough, but after I made sure everyone had 'interrupt' attacks available and levelled up a bit more it was doable. I never did finish the last solo fight in the arena - that was worse than the reaper guy in Grimtown. End of the game - never found use for bloody cloth, stuck at Intelligence 165 (not high enough to get branches from Bleak Tale and Fairy Godmother (Freida?) Tale).

The old fighter in one of the smaller buildings in the Red Arena area wanders off somewhere after you get training from him - never saw him again. I'm not sure if he just left the Fable entirely.

Final thoughts, the Tale/Fable/Dreamer system is a good backdrop and it would be cool to see another game use it (not the same characters).

Sotman

Mar 18, 2018
Wait. You got 165 intelligence even if you dropped the bunny? I thought that it would give the player a couple points more. As for the bloody cloth, how did you get it?
Regarding the Dreamers, I am kinda bummed with how the game handled them. After Ingrid becomes whole, they are about to fuck the multiverse in many different ways but nope, no more story for you. I sure hope Sierra comes up with a sequel.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Wait. You got 165 intelligence even if you dropped the bunny?
I didn't drop the bunny. I realized I could, but my last save was too long ago and I didn't want to replay all that.

As for the bloody cloth, how did you get it?
Not a clue. Some other guy in this thread mentioned they had it, but couldn't make anything with it. It has a message "You can't figure out what to do with the bloody cloth" when you use the forge. I figure either there is a second material needed to make an item, or maybe you need more than 165 int.

Regarding the Dreamers, I am kinda bummed with how the game handled them. After Ingrid becomes whole, they are about to fuck the multiverse in many different ways but nope, no more story for you.
Well, it's this whole "the story continues" thing. It's been clear from the start that you can't kill them, the very most you can do is (temporarily) seal off the tales of lesser dreamers and cause them pain.

My favourite dreamer quote of the game is from the sleeping dreamer in Bangville "zzZzzZZZ dick too small .... no harem". Dream on, small dick incel. Also, fuck you for that button puzzle in the cumgeon. I would have got it so fast if I'd realized he was all "foreplay, what's that?". I pushed those buttons so many times...

3.70 star(s) 22 Votes