Wesieboy56

Dec 7, 2017
I've been experiencing the same bug as others here and I think I found the only way to bypass it. It's the NTR option.

Seriously. Literally every other option results in getting booted back into the map and stuck there. Only choosing to let Lauren get raped thus tanking your relationship with her will end the day.

I swear this bug is sapient and specifically designed to antagonize people who hate NTR. It's beyond cursed.
then i guess im stuck until things improve cuz that NTR aint happening

Reactions: Not_A_Horse

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
when many people are getting the same bugs while others get by just fine, the culprit is usually a mod. Probably the walkthrough mod, compressed version, or android version.

edit: well it was just a thought, apologies to the mod creator if I'm off base here.

Wesieboy56

Dec 7, 2017
when many people are getting the same bugs while others get by just fine, the culprit is usually a mod. Probably the walkthrough mod, compressed version, or android version.

edit: well it was just a thought, apologies to the mod creator if I'm off base here.
getting the problem, no mod in my case, the only way i can proceed is by accusing the guy who supposed to give you the info :unsure:

Last edited:

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Happen to me too.
So I'm stuck at the village...

Seems the "City" option is blocked by
Line 19693
Code:
if grimoirelost or grimoirelocation:
So I looked around and found my save had that as
grimoirelost = False
grimoirelocation = True

Looked to see what set grimoirelocation to True
Apparently if you accuse any yakuza clan besides Taoka clan it sets this to True

Just to move along I set it to False :whistle:
Code:
$ grimoirelocation = False
Edit: Seems that replayed the Yakuza Scene so this time I still didn't sell Lauren but accused the Taoka clan. Now I'm going to the festival with Judie :love:

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018

Line 19693
Code:
grimoirelost = False
grimoirelocation = True

Apparently if you accuse any yakuza clan besides Taoka clan it sets this to True

Code:
You probably want to go back later once it's fixed heh. Getting that location seems like a huge deal.

For me, there was no problem after accusing the old man, or anyone else for that matter.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

justTx

Jan 21, 2020

Line 19693
Code:
grimoirelost = False
grimoirelocation = True

Code:
Is that so?
Odd, I accused all the guys (did it for memes), and it just progresses normally for me.

• Thinking Face

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
You probably want to go back later once it's fixed heh. Getting that location seems like a huge deal.

For me, there was no problem after accusing the old man, or anyone else for that matter.
True but for now it's on with the show :D Though I'm not sure how much I broke since it replayed the yakuza scene but originally I chose the Slaughter clan.

Is that so?
Odd, I accused all the guys (did it for memes), and it just progresses normally for me.
That's what I found caught me in a loop. Running Onceinalifetime-0.7.1-pc

Singleminded

Aug 24, 2017
need some help, getting a glitch when im trying to use the gallery to replay scene. something about my MC user name? anybody run into this issue?
I had the exact same issue, I was coming to this thread just to ask that. Any dialogue from the MC causes an error.

Edit: It doesn't seem to occur when you are opening the gallery from within the game, only when you do it from the main menu.

• Thinking Face

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
My thoughts about 'Selling lauren' scene. Well till now MC has been good with every girls. He has not been as an asshole till now. Now all of a sudden even the thought of selling his one of the love interests just does not fit into the story and the character of MC. According to how much i know MC he would have simply rejected Orochi. "I swear to god if you touch a single hair on their heads you're fucking dead" this dialogue shows what i think how protective MC is.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I had the exact same issue, I was coming to this thread just to ask that. Any dialogue from the MC causes an error.

Edit: It doesn't seem to occur when you are opening the gallery from within the game, only when you do it from the main menu.
Seems it's because the game doesn't record the MC's name
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2207, in script
    me "(Oh my god...)" with dissolve
KeyError: u'name'
Using the gallery after you set the MC's name will fix this.

Or setting up code to detect this would be the better solution
Code:
label gjudierub:
    if _in_replay:
        if not persistent.mc_name == None:
            $ name = persistent.mc_name
        else:
            $ name = "Blank"

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
My thoughts about 'Selling lauren' scene. Well till now MC has been good with every girls. He has not been as an asshole till now. Now all of a sudden even the thought of selling his one of the love interests just does not fit into the story and the character of MC. According to how much i know MC he would have simply rejected Orochi. "I swear to god if you touch a single hair on their heads you're fucking dead" this dialogue shows what i think how protective MC is.
It's not just a love interest, it's his sister.

Reactions: frozenfeet

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
It's not just a love interest, it's his sister.
well this is an incest game so his sister is also one of his love interests but i understand what you meant by that. Love interest or not, selling his sister should not even cross his mind.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
well this is an incest game so his sister is also one of his love interests but i understand what you meant by that. Love interest or not, selling his sister should not even cross his mind.
Yeah that is exactly what I mean. In this type of games if you make bad choices I think it's enough punishment if you get locked out that characters content. I don't think it's necessary to add rape scenes. Call me weird but I'm not a fan of that stuff.

justTx

Jan 21, 2020
Funny you say that.
His reasoning for saying yes is "Just play along, I'll figure something out"
And afterwards, he's like "Wait what happened?!"
Both lines of which fit more in line with his (caring) character.

Only reason this was a choice to begin with was the dev wanted to add a bit/hint of NTR to test the waters (I'm assuming), and see how the audience takes it. It could have still been a dialog, but like you said, selling your own sister/love interest shouldn't even be something to think about.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
Funny you say that.
His reasoning for saying yes is "Just play along, I'll figure something out"
And afterwards, he's like "Wait what happened?!"
Both lines of which fit more in line with his (caring) character.

Only reason this was a choice to begin with was the dev wanted to add a bit/hint of NTR to test the waters (I'm assuming), and see how the audience takes it. It could have still been a dialog, but like you said, selling your own sister/love interest shouldn't even be something to think about.
well i did not sell lauren so i don't know what dialogue comes after that but like the dialogue said "I'll figure something out" and then watches as his sister/love interest got raped is so out of place. all those people are Mafia so selling a girl to them and getting away with it is impossible. He would choose that option only when he was serious about selling her since we are talking about Mafias here.

4.80 star(s) 925 Votes