preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Does the dev work on a new game or does he has other games. This game is a masterpiece and I want to play more of his content <3

Reactions: Caribdis

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
This game is recent, I even remember the first release.
It's curious that in a short time this game has become one of the great games on this site, while there are some developers who have been in the market for a long time releasing weak content all the time instead of finishing the game just to keep profiting from their audience

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
does the 0.9 incest patch work with the current version of the game? cause it has a * but still shows 0.9 not 1.0
Yes the patch works. I think it just changes a variable like incest = True instead of writing over the entire script after every release.
Does the dev work on a new game or does he has other games. This game is a masterpiece and I want to play more of his content <3
His next game is called Eternum but it isn't out yet. It has its first release in a few months

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aguzy and RYUU-_-

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Mega causes my browser to freeze
Mega downloads in your Browser are basically put into it‘s cache which will take up a lot of memory, this eliminates or drastically reduced the actual download time that your browser shows once the Mega Download is finished. It basically preloads the file into the browser. I had problems with Firefox and a limited memory so that I had to switch to Chrome for some larger files

Reactions: Mauser45

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Can not open my ver 9 games.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
ImportError: No module named matrix

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3510, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 707, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 946, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 881, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
renpy.load(fn)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 760, in load
roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
return cPickle.loads(s)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
OnceinaLifetime 1.0
Mon Jun 21 22:11:45 2021

After this, if I try to ignore, go to the start of the game. Trying to load an autosave didn´t work

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Mega downloads in your Browser are basically put into it‘s cache which will take up a lot of memory, this eliminates or drastically reduced the actual download time that your browser shows once the Mega Download is finished. It basically preloads the file into the browser. I had problems with Firefox and a limited memory so that I had to switch to Chrome for some larger files
Opera Master Race.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Can not open my ver 9 games.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3510, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 707, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 946, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 881, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
renpy.load(fn)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 760, in load
roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
return cPickle.loads(s)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
OnceinaLifetime 1.0
Mon Jun 21 22:11:45 2021

After this, if I try to ignore, go to the start of the game. Trying to load an autosave didn´t work
That is likely due to the Walkthrough Mod not being updated. And that WT Mod author said he was not going to update it until the game was Publicly released.

So... we can either wait or:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: FFTW and Caribdis

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Caribdis The only thing that really disappointed me was the lack of a full Family Funtime scene.

Especially since Carla hinted at knowing about his involvement with Lauren and Judie. It just seemed like it was missing at the end.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Just finished the update, and wow.
What an incredible journey it has been.
Thanks so much Caribdis for taking us on a spectacular ride which has been funny, scary, mysterious, saucy, sad, and heartwarming.

Lauren, Judie, Carla, Rachel, Jasmine, Iris, Aiko, I'm really gonna miss you girls.
Looking forward to the extra scenes coming for OIAL, and also the first chapter of Eternum!!

p.s. The extra scenes that are coming for OIAL, are they just extra "What if......?" situation scenes, or will they include some scenes that may have happened in the game's epilogue (i.e. after MC and the girls got off the plane at Aruba, and started travelling around)?

• Red Heart

Polaxymer

Sep 13, 2019
Caribdis The only thing that really disappointed me was the lack of a full Family Funtime scene.

Especially since Carla hinted at knowing about his involvement with Lauren and Judie. It just seemed like it was missing at the end.
After his initial release of Eternum, Caribdis is planning a last update of Once in a Lifetime with an epilogue and some updates inside the game. Personally, I'm sure one of the new scenes will be what you're hoping for.

4.80 star(s) 925 Votes