Jan 21, 2023
Got a bit triggered by board banter, haven't we? No worries though, I can take it. :KEK:
I know you think you are being funny but please try to show some amount of consideration to the developers when you make posts like this. It likely took a lot of time and effort and just shitting over their work has got to be hurtful. Dont be a dick at the expense of others - it is fine to have a different opinion but you can also say the same thing while being a bit more polite.

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
I know you think you are being funny but please try to show some amount of consideration to the developers when you make posts like this. It likely took a lot of time and effort and just shitting over their work has got to be hurtful. Dont be a dick at the expense of others - it is fine to have a different opinion but you can also say the same thing while being a bit more polite.
Maybe you are right. Guess I got a bit carried away by the frustration of being baited by reviews I cannot comprehend. However I'm not here to make people feel good either.

Jun 13, 2021
Don't really get the glowing reviews on this one. If you filter by harem tag and sort by best reviews, it is undeservedly listed as #2 which is retarded.

The story seems pretty unauthentic; not the story in itself but how it's being introduced and how the characters are involved in and interact with it. MC is an unlikable wuss despite having a third leg, which makes the obligatory "wow I didn't know MC had such a huge dick" moments even less of a welcome trope than it already is.

The girls look nice, if a bit uninspired, but carry themselves like no person would. From "he's just a friend/brother" to blowjob scene in half an hour, I know people complain about blueballing in these games all the time but cmon, there is so much buildup and progression between characters untouched that it just looks like some reddit mod made this game, which would also explain the authors obsession with Hitler. When I had to choose if I liked a democracy or a republic more I had to laugh audibly, but what sealed it for me was the realization that the author apparently self-inserted himself into the MC as it's clear he had never been invited to a party as a teen/young adult either. That whole scenario was just bizarre, starting from the invitations up to the bottle spin.

All in all, it feels like I'm being rushed through by an impatient pubescent shut-in from scene to scene while trying to have them connected via the mainstory but it's just so hamfisted and uncreative.

As a "game" or "VN" it's not interesting either. Either choices are irrelevant quiz questionaires or have an "optimal" path, which due to the highly linear nature just means that you always pick the "right" choice via rollback or walkthroughs, as picking the "wrong" choice just means you get less content and/or game overs. Reversely, the affection points for girls are useless, as they only serve as a content cockblock if you make too many wrong choices.

I stopped playing after the house party as it became apparent I wouldn't enjoy, please someone with a working brain tell me it magically gets 100 times better, else I'm gonna skip this one.
I would like to know your opinion about Eternum , too.

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
Fucking zoomers :HideThePain:
Little did we know that back then we lived in the Golden age of the internet.

Now about your original inquiry (without my dick theatrics) you're probably around the in game point where the game started getting traction both here and on Patreon and thus became more polished. After the party things start picking up with models and story getting better, the MC slowly growing up and Mike making his appearance.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But as I said with me and Pale Carnations, if the story won't be on your taste then it's better to drop it and look for something you'll enjoy. Time is a commodity and we shouldn't waste it on things we don't enjoy after all.

Reactions: aereton

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Don't really get the glowing reviews on this one. If you filter by harem tag and sort by best reviews, it is undeservedly listed as #2 which is retarded.

The story seems pretty unauthentic; not the story in itself but how it's being introduced and how the characters are involved in and interact with it. MC is an unlikable wuss despite having a third leg, which makes the obligatory "wow I didn't know MC had such a huge dick" moments even less of a welcome trope than it already is.

The girls look nice, if a bit uninspired, but carry themselves like no person would. From "he's just a friend/brother" to blowjob scene in half an hour, I know people complain about blueballing in these games all the time but cmon, there is so much buildup and progression between characters untouched that it just looks like some reddit mod made this game, which would also explain the authors obsession with Hitler. When I had to choose if I liked a democracy or a republic more I had to laugh audibly, but what sealed it for me was the realization that the author apparently self-inserted himself into the MC as it's clear he had never been invited to a party as a teen/young adult either. That whole scenario was just bizarre, starting from the invitations up to the bottle spin.

All in all, it feels like I'm being rushed through by an impatient pubescent shut-in from scene to scene while trying to have them connected via the mainstory but it's just so hamfisted and uncreative.

As a "game" or "VN" it's not interesting either. Either choices are irrelevant quiz questionaires or have an "optimal" path, which due to the highly linear nature just means that you always pick the "right" choice via rollback or walkthroughs, as picking the "wrong" choice just means you get less content and/or game overs. Reversely, the affection points for girls are useless, as they only serve as a content cockblock if you make too many wrong choices.

I stopped playing after the house party as it became apparent I wouldn't enjoy, please someone with a working brain tell me it magically gets 100 times better, else I'm gonna skip this one.

Jokes aside, tastes are tastes. I fully disagree with you, and it seems many do as well, but if you don't like there are more games on the website.

Just an heads up, you don't need to be rude if you don't like a game. It's the dev's first game and he had a lot of effort, and many of his fans come from this game. Not to mention that Caribdis probably feels attached to this game for being is first full project. But whatever.

Reactions: BTungsteno

will_990

Donor
May 21, 2018
Many thanks to the dev Caribdis for his work on this one. :)

I can't remember when I laughed so much during a se. game. Of course, not everything is perfect (especially some story elements, the hospital chapter is far too sinister for this game).

There are so many humorous moments - the Japan journey contest "...And then there's Will (my MC name)....", Tom's and Fat Jack's 180° turns, the whole prison training with the final all or nothing confrontation (there again: the shootings are too dark and don't really fit the overall story?)...

I don't care much about graphics, they're overall fine and work at the important moments. :)

I don't know how much more will come in the late game but I've been enjoying myself very much so far.

Thanks again and good luck for Eternum, Caribdis. Please, keep your fun style. :)

UPDATE: Alright, just played through it (light side, all paths followed) and I must write it down immediately:
This is the best composed epilogue chapter I've seen in a se. game so far...maybe even surpassing Melissa's happy ending in 'Acting Lessons'.

The final pictures with the MC and both Judie and Lauren really made me smile. Thanks again, Caribdis. You really are an artist. :)

Last edited:

burrito107

May 20, 2018
Anyone else get an error right near the end of the game because couch.mp3 is missing?
This comment's pretty old, but I just came across this too, and don't see any other mention of this issue. Looks like a small bug on line 40302 of script.rpy in the walkthrough mod, and line 40247 of script.rpy in the original game file:
Code:
play sound "couch.mp3 "
There's a space before the final quote there that makes the filename not match, at least in Linux. Removing the space fixes it.

Reactions: Dunner

Zjun

Aug 29, 2019
How do the different endings work? Like, is there a custom ending where you end up with each different girl individually, a harem ending, or even more?

And, if I want to see other endings, do I have to replay the whole game? Thanks in advance!

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
How do the different endings work? Like, is there a custom ending where you end up with each different girl individually, a harem ending, or even more?

And, if I want to see other endings, do I have to replay the whole game? Thanks in advance!
The canon ending is the harem one, the other are pretty much "what if" scenarios if you make the wrong choices.
To get them without playing the game again install the wt-mod and you're good to go, you can select them using it. :)

Reactions: Dunner

TheKnight

Jul 7, 2018
Hello , is there a way to fast download this game? most of the links are dead or do not load. and the few working links are so slow speed.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Hello , is there a way to fast download this game? most of the links are dead or do not load. and the few working links are so slow speed.
Did you try the GoFile or PixelDrain? They are quite quick. Mega went downhill these days though. Btw, next time you see a mirror down, use the report button for the mod/upload team to check it when they can.

Anyway have fun with the game.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
AFAIK IANAL :D
Only one verb goes to past, here the do -> did, so the think needs to be present.

4.80 star(s) 925 Votes