ZaSpeedy

Jun 19, 2020
Damn I've played this game when it was on an early stage and forgot to check the new version.
Now that I finished the game I can say that I love your work and can't wait to play Eternum as well.
Love it keep it up.

And for who is reading this and you didn't play the game yet ... You have to do it, this game has a good story for me it was one of the best story in games like this.
Ps: Can someone give me fan gifs with Once in a Lifetime?
hh-fan.gif

Reactions: Caribdis

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
I'm new in this thread, how am I supposed what he said, several times or not? Anyway, thank both you and antherus79 for answering. Also, death to pineapple pizza.
Never said you were and never wanted to appear rude, sorry if it appeared that way, not my intention. Was just stating a fact.

Jan 16, 2019
Caribdis is best ! I love you man. i just started this game again. this game is just different .especially stabby mike .my favorite vn character of all time.

• Red Heart

yagonew

Feb 1, 2020
Just finished the game, one of the best I've played so far and that's saying something, believe me.
Definetely on my top 3 list and the first game with a Harem ending to make it there. Both glad and sad at the end, glad for the happy ending, sad it is over. Hoping Eternum is at least as satisfying as this one, can't wait to play it when it's completed. 100% recomended. Stabby clan for life xD

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Just finished the game, one of the best I've played so far and that's saying something, believe me.
Definetely on my top 3 list and the first game with a Harem ending to make it there. Both glad and sad at the end, glad for the happy ending, sad it is over. Hoping Eternum is at least as satisfying as this one, can't wait to play it when it's completed. 100% recomended. Stabby clan for life xD
Believe me OIAL is great Eternum is..... I can't even describe it, just play it you it's a must to play because it fantastic. :) (y)

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
So far Eternum really is a leg up over OiaLT in pretty much every aspect. OiaLT was pretty good, but Eternum isn't constantly fighting with PC over the spot as best rated game on the site for nothing.

LokkenJP

Jan 22, 2018
I finished the game, and now I feel an emptiness in my chest. No work has made me feel this way in a long time. Very good.

Lauren is insurmountably best girl
View attachment 2576203
There is still a need to flesh out the epilogue though
I can relate indeed to this :)
(Well, maybe except on the Lauren thing, I'm more into Rebecca, but honestly all the cast is awesome without exception).

Anyway, if you haven't done it already this might be a good time to pick up Eternum, the next game by Caribdis, OIALT developer. It's everything OIALT is and more, in every possible way... Just be aware that it's still mid-development.

But if you liked OIALT, Eternum will blow your mind big time

Last edited:

inquisitorhawke96

Nov 6, 2018
I can relate indeed to this :)
(Well, maybe except on the Lauren thing, I'm more into Rebecca, but honestly all the cast is awesome without exception).

Anyway, if you haven't done it already this might be a good time to pick up Eternum, the next game by Caribdis, OIALT developer. It's everything OIALT is and more, in every possible way... Just be aware that it's still mid-development.

But if you liked OIALT, Eternum will blow your mind big time
Rebecca is the third best girl after Lauren and Judie;)

And yes, I finished the last version of Eternum and I wanted more (Dalia my beloved, still miss her old hairstyle tho), so I went to play OiaL. It was kinda rough at first, but halfway through the game it was clear that the Dev found his footing and we can see where Eternum's quality comes from.

zbunk

Jul 7, 2021
does the incest patch change anything apart from how the cast refers to each other, and what is the more "canon" way to play this game, with or without the patch?

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
does the incest patch change anything apart from how the cast refers to each other, and what is the more "canon" way to play this game, with or without the patch?
If incest isn’t your kink then I think without it is more “canon”. It is completely plausible without the patch, no landladies and it fits how easily the girls eventually fall for the mc.

In the end it is up to you. I played once with the ic patch, but since I’d played the first time without it, it just felt wrong with it.

Reactions: Dylan741 and Dunner

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
Besides what Coax said, I'd say it creates a different "narrative" for some of the girls instead of being canon since the writing is so good both can be considered canon.

For a specific example (without the patch) the game explains why you live with 3 gorgeous women in a realistic way and it keeps being natural about it throughout the game. You even get some, although short, unique dialogue and one of the girls has her entire backstory changed. With the patch it's the reverse.

At the end of the day the game works with or without the patch so you won't run into any issue no matter what you choose.
Personally I believe it's one of the very few games of this kind that works better without the patch but that's just my preference.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
It only changes the incest theme, nothing more.

Personally, even if you aren't fan of the kink, I would recommend you playing with it. This isn't like one of those games of "what are you doing step bro" or "hey bro, you're hot, let's procriate". This is a game with fantastic story, great character development, and the girls being related with the MC fit the story and their growth as characters.

It also fits so that some scenes where the girls can feel conflicted with the feelings to the MC, but again, nothing ludicrous. That's what I except on a game with incest, that was a story that feels "believable", with the incest part being a part of the story. This one of the few games with it where I found the relationship between family members turns more into the "cute/love" theme than the taboo side, without not confliction with the game's main plot. It simply feels "natural".

TL;DR, it isn't important to the story, but it enhances the experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: inquisitorhawke96

winmace

Jun 7, 2022
Finally got around to playing (and finishing) this game and I had such a good time with it. I wonder how you're meant to unlock the secret ending without the "see other endings?" choice at the end of the game.

Harem ending is best ending, all the ladies are lovely and deserve happiness and fulfillment. Plus they're all HOT. How can I truly be expected to choose a single best girl?

It's also really funny to see the start of Caribdis creative streak, those horror and comedy elements are top notch and both make me shit my pants and laugh out loud for a few moments.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Finally got around to playing (and finishing) this game and I had such a good time with it. I wonder how you're meant to unlock the secret ending without the "see other endings?" choice at the end of the game.

Harem ending is best ending, all the ladies are lovely and deserve happiness and fulfillment. Plus they're all HOT. How can I truly be expected to choose a single best girl?

It's also really funny to see the start of Caribdis creative streak, those horror and comedy elements are top notch and both make me shit my pants and laugh out loud for a few moments.
To avoid that you can install the wt-mode.
And yes the harem ending is the canon one ( and the best imho). :)

its sandbox game ?
No, it isn't.:)

4.80 star(s) 925 Votes