Nov 9, 2022
so in the end it's implied the mom knew everything the MC was doing?
also, whats the deal with the nightmare grey demon? feels like there were some plot holes (maybe not exactly plot holes but content not further developed, like Jasmine dealing with finding out about her dad or the teacher not finding out about her fiancè )
a bit of a rushed ending nontheless a 9/10 VN

Messi Lionel

Jun 21, 2023
The game is very good, I built a harem and I think I had a child from all the girls in the final.

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
i recommended OIAL to a friend and he is having trouble canceling rebeccas wedding. he says he is lvl 16/17 (path)
do you need a higher lvl with her to be able to change her mind? or was there an REALLY IMPORTANT decision one needed to answer rightfully?

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
i recommended OIAL to a friend and he is having trouble canceling rebeccas wedding. he says he is lvl 16/17 (path)
do you need a higher lvl with her to be able to change her mind? or was there an REALLY IMPORTANT decision one needed to answer rightfully?
The most common one is that people take the grimoire at the mansion. That makes the priest not help you at the wedding.

Ed: IIRC also taking Astaroth’s hand during the dream makes the priest “see darkness” in the mc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dylan741

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
The most common one is that people take the grimoire at the mansion. That makes the priest not help you at the wedding.

Ed: IIRC also taking Astaroth’s hand during the dream makes the priest “see darkness” in the mc.
oohh, alright i will ask him about that, thanks!

Lucifer@dvl

Feb 19, 2022

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
It has taken me a while to get here, but finally I am playing OiaL. I arrived here via Eternum, which I know is kind of backward. I've heard said many a time that
  • OiaL is really good
  • compared to Eternum, it is relatively rough and not up to the same standards
So far I agree with both statements.
Where I don't agree is with recent comments I've read that once of the structural problems with OiaL is that it starts too slow, taking time to get into the real story, while Eternum gets right to it. This is technically correct – that it takes a while to get going. But so do many good stories. I don't think of this as a serious flaw if, as we have here, what happens in the buildup to the central plot is interesting, fun, and has engaging characters. OiaL ticks all these boxes.

I've made it to the end of the pool scene. Taking a short break to write my thoughts here and then back to it.

Judie and Lauren are completely adorable. I like that Caribdis has given them distinct personalities while making them feel like sisters, and without the usual tropes of the either a) overly awed, or b) naive and waiting to be corrupted little sister, and the sarcastic dismissive older sister. Both are far more rounded characters.

Judie is a bundle of energy and joy, with a sneaky side (as in the favour she asks of the MC when it's too late for him to back out involving him having to not only go shopping with her but help pay for what she buys) and she's sexually aware (she comments that he was probably distracted from his lessons by Rebecca, implies she knows he wanted to watch her get changed when trying on clothes, and jokes about him staring at her ass in the last swimsuit).

Lauren clearly cares deeply for the MC, and her snark consists of loving jabs instead of "leave me alone you little creep". I love the little smile she has when she's making fun of his poor results at school when he comes to ask for her help in her room and again at the breakfast table the next day.

I can't decide who I like more.

I have no firm opinions about anyone else yet. Rebecca is nice, and so are Carla and Iris, but we haven't seen much of their personality (though Iris choosing the over the top "would you rather?" questions immediately adds to her appeal).

I love the day cards with the character poses. The jokes are silly and fun.

I'm skipping the walkthrough, because based on playing Eternum I'm fairly certain that, as far as the relationships go, the correct path for anyone I want to pursue is "choose the option which shows you care about the other person and have paid attention to things they say or do". There will no doubt be some tougher choices later, though for some of them I've read enough out in the open comments to know what I should do (I don't mind, spoilers rarely ruin the experience for me, but I try to know as little as possible). I'm proud of myself for getting 13 of Judie's 15 questions correct without cheating (not even a rollback). Getting all of them correct might have scored me more points, but I trust Caribdis to not lock any girl's route behind doing everything perfectly.

My few criticisms up to this point would be
  • there are some glaring grammatical/language errors. E.g. when the MC narrates "once again, we had to move again", and "it seems we have settled here definitely" (the latter should be either "settled here indefinitely" or "definitely settled here". In the park Lauren says "we'll be back home before my mother arrives" (with the patch applied). So far they have not been many.
  • the art is very noticeably not to the same standard as Eternum. It still looks pretty good and the girls are all beautiful.
  • I don't usually play games with the sound on. I have sensory issues which are best moderated by having my choice of music playing. AVNs generally have music which adds little if anything to the experience, and sounds which are not necessary, so I turn everything off and play my music. Eternum was the first I played with the sound on, having heard that Caribdis had put significant effort into choosing music and sound effects. While it was challenging at times, it really does add to the experience, so I am doing the same with OiaL. Unfortunately, most of the game so far is silent, which doesn't work well with my sensory issues. The intro said that sound will become more important later, so I'll stick with it, but whatever the reason there is little in the early stages, it would be better for me if there was more audio.
  • I was disappointed I couldn't tell Judie which bikini I liked the most (the first one) to influence her choice.
There are some obvious tropes in play like the bully, the sister seeing the MC sleeping naked and being unable to resist touching his cock, and the fashion show in the changing room. But I enjoyed how Lauren's night time encounter played out. Her thoughts as she gave in to temptation helped sell it as something more than the all too common "girl see cock, girl must touch" level of introspection. And her embarrassed blushing after she was nearly caught would have made me fall in love with her if that smile hadn't already. I thought Judie's fashion show was a nice character bonding experience and not just a disguised perv session, and was very happy that the option to peek was not offered (I would have rejected it anyway, as I did peeking on Dalia in the bathroom in Eternum*). The contrived circumstance of Judie and the MC hiding in the bathroom and her rubbing herself against his cock manages to be both adorable and sexy.

* I have read that there will be a couple of creep level choices required later to get some of the LIs, which is unfortunate, but I'll treat them as not meant to be taken seriously and do what must be done

Zjun

Aug 29, 2019
How many endings to the game are there? Is there like, one for each girl, and more with a combination or girls, or is it one ending no matter what?

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
How many endings to the game are there? Is there like, one for each girl, and more with a combination or girls, or is it one ending no matter what?
There is the harem that is the canon ending, and then there are other that pretty much are the bad choices/ending.
For the single girl ending I can't say because I really couldn't choose one, so I don't know if it's possible to achieve it honestly. :)

ChadFast

Jul 19, 2021
Caribdis I know this game was completed in 2021 and you're busy with Eternum, but I noticed an issue with an error popup when meeting Judie in the coffee shop. It happens with both the PC version as well as the Android version. You can easily hit "Ignore" and continue playing, but I'm curious if I'm playing the actual final 1.0 release or some sort of beta build. That hasn't really stopped me though because the story is amazing IMO and everything else works, but I was curious if you or anyone else has had that issue.

My other question was regarding the end of the game where it's mentioned more scenes would be put in as well as an epilogue in at least the one I played. Is this still planned or again do I have a version that just isn't fully finished? This again, is after the ending. I know you're extremely busy with Eternum (also an amazing game) and was wondering. This may have been asked and answered in this thread and if so I will look, but figured I'd ask you or anyone else in here.

Appreciate any information you can provide.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Caribdis I know this game was completed in 2021 and you're busy with Eternum, but I noticed an issue with an error popup when meeting Judie in the coffee shop. It happens with both the PC version as well as the Android version. You can easily hit "Ignore" and continue playing, but I'm curious if I'm playing the actual final 1.0 release or some sort of beta build. That hasn't really stopped me though because the story is amazing IMO and everything else works, but I was curious if you or anyone else has had that issue.

My other question was regarding the end of the game where it's mentioned more scenes would be put in as well as an epilogue in at least the one I played. Is this still planned or again do I have a version that just isn't fully finished? This again, is after the ending. I know you're extremely busy with Eternum (also an amazing game) and was wondering. This may have been asked and answered in this thread and if so I will look, but figured I'd ask you or anyone else in here.

Appreciate any information you can provide.
The game is completed and the version is 1.0 the most stable possible ( I noticed some errors using the wt-mod though), so maybe it's due to that if you're using it.
About a possible OIAL director's cut ( with extra scenes, new renders etc etc..), for now is on hold, maybe once Eternum will be in the final stages or completed, Caribdis will come back to add all of that.
The issue is due to the fact that he switched to HS2 for Eternum, and going back to HS could be problematic, I read somewhere he was looking at some mods that allow to increase the quality of the renders ( like it happened to Jestur for Ripples and Devil's dad for Murmur), so maybe the thing is planned, but it will not happen in the near future. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: ChadFast

ChadFast

Jul 19, 2021
The game is completed and the version is 1.0 the most stable possible ( I noticed some errors using the wt-mod though), so maybe it's due to that if you're using it.
Thanks for your response. I don't use any mods as I always like to try to finish with all possible endings before even considering, so no mods.

About a possible OIAL director's cut ( with extra scenes, new renders etc etc..), for now is on hold, maybe once Eternum will be in the final stages or completed, Caribdis will come back to add all of that.
I'd so love to see that. While I love the sisters in Eternum the sisters in this one are very real and those eyes. Wow.

The issue is due to the fact that he switched to HS2 for Eternum, and going back to HS could be problematic, I read somewhere he was looking at some mods that allow to increase the quality of the renders ( like it happened to Jestur for Ripples and Devil's dad for Murmur), so maybe the thing is planned, but it will not happen in the near future. :)
I personally have no issues with the renders so whatever he's doing he's doing correctly. HS did an amazing job with Once and HS2 is of course doing amazing things with Eternum, so completely understandable. I just hope he doesn't decide Once is finished because it's easily one of the best AVNs and Eternum is of course going the same route.

Reactions: Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Thanks for your response. I don't use any mods as I always like to try to finish with all possible endings before even considering, so no mods.

I'd so love to see that. While I love the sisters in Eternum the sisters in this one are very real and those eyes. Wow.

I personally have no issues with the renders so whatever he's doing he's doing correctly. HS did an amazing job with Once and HS2 is of course doing amazing things with Eternum, so completely understandable. I just hope he doesn't decide Once is finished because it's easily one of the best AVNs and Eternum is of course going the same route.
You're welcome.:)
Uhm, then it could be another issue, but one I couldn't replicate so far, maybe someone know more about it I hope.
I love Judie and Lauren as much as I love Penelope and Dalia, but I agree there's something more intriguing about them, maybe it's the fact that they were the most connected to the MC and they did almost everything together, while in OIAL the roles are more balanced, so you like all the girls but there's not real favs ( well, as you saw from my PFP and sig I have one, but it's a slight preference).
I agree 100% with your last statement, it's just that Cari is so invested in Eternum that at the moment he can't actively do anything else.
But as a consolation I saw that he's one that keep is words, so if he said that he will work on special renders and other things for OIAL, he will do it, maybe not now but in the future is almost a certainty. :)

4.80 star(s) 925 Votes