Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
It is going to be sad to see it end. But I absolutely prefer that than unnaturally prolonging it. Have you thought about the steam release once it is over?

Have the development on the next one already started? Can't wait to see what your next story will be about.

Reactions: Darkmetal

Caribdis

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2018
It is going to be sad to see it end. But I absolutely prefer that than unnaturally prolonging it. Have you thought about the steam release once it is over?

Have the development on the next one already started? Can't wait to see what your next story will be about.
About the steam release, not really, but when it's everything included and finished I'll see if that'd be possible :unsure:

And no, I haven't started the next one yet, and I won't do it until the "main plot" of OiaLt is finished :)
I have established the premise and I have a lot of ideas already planned, though :sneaky:

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
Hi guys!

I already said this on the game's Discord, but I'll do it here too. The main story of Once in a Lifetime (I mean the plot of the Sons of Astaroth) will probably end after 2 more updates. I feel like it's gonna be its natural ending.

After that, I'll be releasing extra H-scenes from time to time, with the characters and the fetishes that patrons (and the community in general) prefer.

At the same time, I'll start a new game, with new characters and an exciting new story :love:. If you enjoyed Once in a Lifetime, you're gonna love the new game! More of the same, only BETTER!
is this new game gonna be in the same universe or it's a completely different game having no connections with OIAL?

Templar Knight

Feb 2, 2018
Hi guys!

I already said this on the game's Discord, but I'll do it here too. The main story of Once in a Lifetime (I mean the plot of the Sons of Astaroth) will probably end after 2 more updates. I feel like it's gonna be its natural ending.

After that, I'll be releasing extra H-scenes from time to time, with the characters and the fetishes that patrons (and the community in general) prefer.

At the same time, I'll start a new game, with new characters and an exciting new story :love:. If you enjoyed Once in a Lifetime, you're gonna love the new game! More of the same, only BETTER!
Caribdis,when you said that this great project is coming to an end my reaction was: why-are-we-still-here-just-to-suffer.jpg
then you said that will have a new game: 822597_11e36cfeb4c71fce8c0226e893f24631.jpg

lonelygale

Jul 1, 2020
I think I might have messed up somewhere with Jasmine's path. I had the H-scene with her at the party, but then I didn't get one on the train to the airport (she came into the room and we kissed but then she left. Is there supposed to be more than that?), and I haven't gotten a scene yet where she rejects Oliver at the beach (but I haven't gotten much further than that). I'd like to do a full harem run. Does anyone know what I could have missed? I went through the walkthrough guide but can't figure it out

Edit: Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you could check path progress in the settings. It does say I lost Jasmine's path, but I have genuinely no idea where I messed that up!

Last edited:

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
Had this bookmarked for quite a while and finally played it today and damn I wish I played it sooner, interesting story and characters, nice H scenes and funny too I especially like the bits where the colours invert for example after Oliver see's that fat girl at the beach when he turns around (I forget her name), I can't wait to see the ending (this is not a review, just my thoughts) Character wise it's hard to choose who is the best for me but the mum and Lauren come on top (Joint first place) but then I kinda have a sorta soft spot for redheads so I guess Judie and Iris are joint 2nd place and for 3rd place hmmm idk prob Aiko then 4th prob Jasmine and finally 5th Rebecca.

Last edited:
Reactions: AereGo and Caribdis

Dhoulcmagus

Jun 16, 2020
I see a patch fix for the incest patch in the first post, but I don't know how it works. I tried putting just the patch fix in the game folder, but it doesn't seem to work. I tried changing it's name to "patch", but still nothing. So I tried using the regular incest patch, and it does work. But is it going to cause any problem later on? If that's the case, how should I use the patch fix? Thanks!

Ezra

May 7, 2017
About the steam release, not really, but when it's everything included and finished I'll see if that'd be possible :unsure:

And no, I haven't started the next one yet, and I won't do it until the "main plot" of OiaLt is finished :)
I have established the premise and I have a lot of ideas already planned, though :sneaky:
As much as I also would like to see this game on Steam (instabuy), IIRC there isn't possible to release games made using Illusion (Honey Select etc.) assets. I really hope that changed in the last year, but I doubt it. Would be great if Illusion gives permission to do so, and depending the answer you get from Steam, you could try to email Illusion about that.

Reactions: Caribdis

Kaerou

May 29, 2019
Can someone help me?
I'm currently playing the newest version and it seemed like the game bugged.
There's this scene with Lauren in Japan where you and her just talked to the mafia guy and learned about the whereabouts of the grimoire, you talk to her a little bit and then go to sleep. The next day the MC says he needs to visit the temple but there isn't an option to visit the temple. The only thing i could do was train with Aiko one last time (she says she is going to visit her master, leaves and I'm left with a bunch of places to go but none of them "work"). I can't do anything after this. Keep in mind that I'm using Qleaf's walkthrough mod, I don't know if it's bugged because of it or if the story just ends here on this version of the game.

I love your game Caribdis, keep up with the great work.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Caribdis

Caribdis

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2018
Can someone help me?
I'm currently playing the newest version and it seemed like the game bugged.
There's this scene with Lauren in Japan where you and her just talked to the mafia guy and learned about the whereabouts of the grimoire, you talk to her a little bit and then go to sleep. The next day the MC says he needs to visit the temple but there isn't an option to visit the temple. The only thing i could do was train with Aiko one last time (she says she is going to visit her master, leaves and I'm left with a bunch of places to go but none of them "work"). I can't do anything after this. Keep in mind that I'm using Qleaf's walkthrough mod, I don't know if it's bugged because of it or if the story just ends here on this version of the game.

I love your game Caribdis, keep up with the great work.
There's still quite a big amount of content after that, so the bug is probably caused by the mod
I don't really know what you could do, maybe someone on the forum can help you out.
I'm sorry not to be of more help >_<

Reactions: sunaboz and Kaerou
4.80 star(s) 925 Votes