Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Well, the first part is kinda like the "drunkologue" at the start of a speaker meeting (mine takes about a minute: "Yeah, I drank and drugged just like you. Big deal. Now let me tell you what it's been like since...") but even so, there's a hellova lot of program in it.

And "...not to say shit isn't going to happen..." Ahhhh -- ya' think? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
I agree with you on that to a certain point, but for newcomers, it's import I give them something to relate to, so the drunkalog/war stories at the begging of my lead are there for them to relate to, because that's all they know at 6 days. As the book tells us, we're supposed to talk about what it was like/what happened/and what is like today.

If we forget the past we're destined to repeat it. Not that we should live in it either though IMO. But, my sponsor and the book make it clear AA is one drunk working with another, so I feel like I'm not doing my job unless I give them it with all the warts.

I know there are different opinions on that, but I've been sponsored that it's vital.

Reactions: California Doc

California Doc

Donor
Nov 14, 2019
And I don't disagree with you.

At your point in sobriety that is an important role you need fill and I'm sure you do it well. For me, my grand-sponsor is still around. Often I meet with him and my sponsor together. 52 years, 45 years and me at 39. They often stress that our job now is to reflect to people what long term sobriety gives one. To be calm, reasoned "Elder Statesmen". To be always focused on recovery -- and, yes, that means letting them see when our disease still fucks with us (because, of course, it does!) but letting them see how we deal with it. Letting them see recovery and the joy it brings even when things are bad. To show that the work we do, while not curing all ills, results in constant progress.

I think we're both where we should be right now, brother.

I think I've hijacked your thread, LOL! I'm gonna shut up and save anymore for Discord (now that I'm a supporter on Patreon!).

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
OMFG Please tell me there is a Lewd scene with her this update?!?!?!?!

I need it !!!!! :love::love::love::love::love:
You told her you were gonna come by in the last update by yourself. I'll let you make the deduction. :p Audrey is no longer automatic though, since she's on Love points now. So, you'll have to have earned it. But, as you guys know, I try to make it easy on you about what the right choice is or not, that way people don't have sex with girls they don't want contrary to some saying I don't use the points in the game.

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019

Guys my discord server got hacked so instead of waiting around I just made a new one. Here above is the link, I hope the guy who hacked me rots in hell. Thanks, I needed to vent!

troll822

Jun 22, 2017

Guys my discord server got hacked so instead of waiting around I just made a new one. Here above is the link, I hope the guy who hacked me rots in hell. Thanks, I needed to vent!
Saw it on your patreon, did you find out whether it was a hacked account from that person or not?

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Saw it on your patreon, did you find out whether it was a hacked account from that person or not?
Yea, it was the guy who's been pretending to be peoples friends and asking them to give him feedback on a game.
Sad thing is it's someone who knows this community. He didn't get a cent from me though. I just disconnected my paypal from discord and started a new server.

He can eat a dick, if someone wants to take advantage of me by pretending to be one of my friends, they can fuck off. I'm movin' forward with a valuable lesson. Question the fuck out of anyone who wants you to look at a project from now on. It wasn't just me, he got a lot of people. Pretty sure Discord is onto him at this point though, there's so many tickets open.

California Doc

Donor
Nov 14, 2019
"Son, in that other Big Book (Nb.: he's referring to the Bible here) it says 'this come to pass and that come to pass' -- never said any o' them motherfuckers come to stay." -- Doug S.

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Can someone explain to me the purpose of letting people put a Sad Face emoji on the OP of a game thread? Honestly, what's that accomplishing other than wasting my time? Ok, that person wants happy camp to wank to with no realism. Which I can respect, but why do I have to look at their dumb emoji? :FacePalm:

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Can someone explain to me the purpose of letting people put a Sad Face emoji on the OP of a game thread? Honestly, what's that accomplishing other than wasting my time? Ok, that person wants happy camp to wank to with no realism. Which I can respect, but why do I have to look at their dumb emoji? :FacePalm:
I hear you but don't be concerned. After all why are there facepalms?
God forbid someone who disagrees with a comment would have to reply and articulate the basis of their disagreement.
What did the sad face mean? (Maybe you've had further contact and know) Without additional information maybe the person was sad for then entirety of pain that additions cause, and the light that your VN shines onto that part of life made them sad.
Reactions exist to generate traffic on F95.
You've created a ground breaking VN, that looks into addiction with a clarity rarely seen and at the same time neither judges nor preaches. You've a lot to be proud of, and I suggest you ignore facepalms and sad faces. If they aren't willing to engage they certainly don't matter.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I hear you but don't be concerned. After all why are there facepalms?
God forbid someone who disagrees with a comment would have to reply and articulate the basis of their disagreement.
What did the sad face mean? (Maybe you've had further contact and know) Without additional information maybe the person was sad for then entirety of pain that additions cause, and the light that your VN shines onto that part of life made them sad.
Reactions exist to generate traffic on F95.
You've created a ground breaking VN, that looks into addiction with a clarity rarely seen and at the same time neither judges nor preaches. You've a lot to be proud of, and I suggest you ignore facepalms and sad faces. If they aren't willing to engage they certainly don't matter.
Yes, I never reply to those people.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleFredo

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
This game while great is always a bit hard to play through, due to the topic and that you can feel how real it is.
I have my own addictions to deal with, but luckily at least not with dangerous drugs, so while I can relate, it is not exactly something I've experienced for myself, but reading about Brenda's doggie, that's a different ballgame.

I've lost my cat early last year, to cancer, like with Brenda's dog it was too far gone to do anything really, once it was noticed, and it was very fast from there.
I was her human for twelve years, and she was much closer to me than most people. On one hand, in my rational mind, I realize that it's not the same as losing a human being, but that didn't help how hurt and lost I felt, holding her little body in my hands, when she was put out of her pain and misery. She wasn't my first cat, and she wasn't the first to die, but she was my friend for twelve years, she was always there to cheer me up and be a source of comfort when I was sad and miserable, and it still hurts like hell thinking of her.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
This game while great is always a bit hard to play through, due to the topic and that you can feel how real it is.
I have my own addictions to deal with, but luckily at least not with dangerous drugs, so while I can relate, it is not exactly something I've experienced for myself, but reading about Brenda's doggie, that's a different ballgame.

I've lost my cat early last year, to cancer, like with Brenda's dog it was too far gone to do anything really, once it was noticed, and it was very fast from there.
I was her human for twelve years, and she was much closer to me than most people. On one hand, in my rational mind, I realize that it's not the same as losing a human being, but that didn't help how hurt and lost I felt, holding her little body in my hands, when she was put out of her pain and misery. She wasn't my first cat, and she wasn't the first to die, but she was my friend for twelve years, she was always there to cheer me up and be a source of comfort when I was sad and miserable, and it still hurts like hell thinking of her.
I lost my Scotty who was 8 years old to cancer. That's why I put that in there to honor him and animals in general. I made the dog female in the game, but mine was male.

I also wanted to make Brenda"s attitude towards it like my own experience. This is one of the few things in the game I drew from real life on totally.

I believe this honesty and openness in my writing is why the game touches the people it does. I also make 90% of the game light hearted so these things are hopefully easier to take when they come.

I had a really great cat of almost 10 years that was a rescue I also had to put down. So I know how that feels as well.

What I hope the game achieves is that when these life events happen, it shows you how the other characters rally around those who are in pain. This is the essence of recovery. It's also not just limited to addicts. It's what people who care do when someone else is hurting, and I hope you and everyone who plays the game sees that and feels it.

I never said the ride would be easy all the time, and what may hit one person hard will not affect another. But, this is ultimately a story of hope and redemption I'm telling. It's a way of living someone choses to avoid not only being addicted, but being a selfish miserable human being.

There will be more things that happen I'm sure will hit people hard. But, as I've said I hope you're able to see that ray of light constantly shining through, throughout the game.

I couldn't write a fap and go game or a landlady game. This is what I have to offer, and I'm glad it's making people feel a wide range of emotions. I understand people who come here and don't want any part of that. But, I've been uncompromising since the beginning that, that's what the game is going to be, and will continue to be. A game about life. And ultimately a game about getting ones life back.

Sorry about your cat. It's almost harder to lose them, because they never called you an asshole. All they offer is unconditional love.

Last edited:

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
Zoey Raven
I've never written to you or perhaps even exchanged comments, but I've been enjoying your works. I wasn't really paying attention to many of the tags and links here, mods or devs what with the amazing amount of visual info already at hand on one's own screen - easy to miss important things. I apologize it took me so long to spot this piece of work.

Like most great works, when executed in the right way, they tend to captivate people in all the right ways. Either the author is amazingly empathetic and can emulate scenarios or, as in your case, having already lived through a life worth writing about.

The worst substance I ever "abused" was alcohol and that even with moderate effects due to my large build making it always expensive to get really hammered, so the occasions were few in-between, that or my bladder simply couldn't handle the large intake. I cannot really say I can relate to your struggle of the past, because I never really attempted or in any way tried to indulge my curiosity of drugs - just wasn't a thing in my circles of uptight & entitled. Harsh upbringing in a strict family with really long family roots tends to place expectations on decorum and accomplishments. If I'm to speak about addictions then there is certainly one - sex to such a degree that it impacted many of my romantic relationships in a bad way, and once I returned from my tours in the east the "seeking" for physical intimacy was... problematic.

Normally I avoid the darker aspects of life in litterature, but out of respect for you and your candor I will give this game a shot, at least to broaden my horizons. Thanks for sharing this with us. :)

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Zoey Raven
I've never written to you or perhaps even exchanged comments, but I've been enjoying your works. I wasn't really paying attention to many of the tags and links here, mods or devs what with the amazing amount of visual info already at hand on one's own screen - easy to miss important things. I apologize it took me so long to spot this piece of work.

Like most great works, when executed in the right way, they tend to captivate people in all the right ways. Either the author is amazingly empathetic and can emulate scenarios or, as in your case, having already lived through a life worth writing about.

The worst substance I ever "abused" was alcohol and that even with moderate effects due to my large build making it always expensive to get really hammered, so the occasions were few in-between, that or my bladder simply couldn't handle the large intake. I cannot really say I can relate to your struggle of the past, because I never really attempted or in any way tried to indulge my curiosity of drugs - just wasn't a thing in my circles of uptight & entitled. Harsh upbringing in a strict family with really long family roots tends to place expectations on decorum and accomplishments. If I'm to speak about addictions then there is certainly one - sex to such a degree that it impacted many of my romantic relationships in a bad way, and once I returned from my tours in the east the "seeking" for physical intimacy was... problematic.

Normally I avoid the darker aspects of life in litterature, but out of respect for you and your candor I will give this game a shot, at least to broaden my horizons. Thanks for sharing this with us. :)
Thanks, I hope you enjoy it. It's not a heavy handed game, and while it does show the life of an addict the focus of the game is always moving towards recovery. As I've told others in here, the stuff you DON'T see in the news.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Progress report from Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dev Update #31 (Progress)

Hey guys, quick check in, we are at around 900 renders and 2 animations at exactly 3 weeks of development since public release of the last update. I have one scene left in the first day of the update, but right now I am still rendering the scene before that due to the fact it's in a place that has very long render times.

We are at around 3300 lines of code, as I said with one scene to go in the first day of the update, so this will be another beefy one. I should be able to start working on that last scene tomorrow, which will have animations. That's about it for now. I'll check back with you guys in another couple of weeks.

Hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

Nov 19, 2021
Thanks, I hope you enjoy it. It's not a heavy handed game, and while it does show the life of an addict the focus of the game is always moving towards recovery. As I've told others in here, the stuff you DON'T see in the news.
I think this is one of the most important stories in a visual novel that I have ever seen. These characters feel real to me, and so do their problems. I don't have any experience with drugs, but I don't think I can ever judge people dealing with this sickness the same way again. Still won't truly understand it since I didn't live it. But at least I know more than I did.

Damn.

4.50 star(s) 129 Votes