Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Small rant, just because I'm not watching the thread doesn't mean I can't post! :)

I've heard a lot of the "I don't wanna read" people say "show me don't tell me". Ok, let's go to the origins of that phrase.

In literature, show me don't tell me refers to an author over describing the surrounding through narration instead of doing it through their characters. This can apply to visual novels, but it certainly doesn't to One Day at a Time. Pretty much the whole game is conversation based, but what these people are actually saying is in a POV game, I need to move the camera around a bunch. I try to offer different angles during conversations in which the main character is not there in person. BUT, the whole damn point of POV is you see the game from the characters point of view.

Think about having a conversation with someone. Unless they are ADHD they're mostly going to be moving their face and head, hands at times too. But overuse of hand movements in an AVN is VERY distracting IMO. So, to the show me don't tell me people. I'm sorry, I'm not going to have a ton of camera angles and elaborate framing when a character is having a one on one conversation with another character sitting at a table across from them or on the couch. Perhaps this is being overly realistic, but the "action that happens" during these conversations is on their face for the most part and in subtle movements. Oh yes, and it's also in the text, this is a novel after all!

This is the art style I find most realistic for my game, because you need to feel like you're connected to the other person a lot of the time, and this just doesn't work when you are doing five different camera angles of two people having a conversation, one of which is in POV whose eyes your supposed to be looking through most of the time, that's what POV is! Ok I'm done, enjoy your day! :p

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Another poll from the developer at Patreon [WARNING: OPEN THE SPOILER AT YOUR OWN RISK!]:

Warning! MC Wedding Tackle poll (Literally)! You've been warned!

Ok, so I've had some suggestions to re-texture the MC's junk. I personally don't have an opinion, but I thought it was something you guys could vote on. It obviously seems to matter to a few.

So, if you've gotten this far. The new one is on the left, the one on the right is the current one. I'll let this run for a day or two.

Don't worry, I'm as embarrassed posting this as you may be looking! But, I thought I'd give it a go and see what you guys think.

I'll do a render of one of the girls soon to make up for it, I promise! LOL! Cheers!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Use the New one (on the Left) 94%

Use the Old one (on the Right) 6%

48 votes total 1 day left

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Another poll from the developer at Patreon [WARNING: OPEN THE SPOILER AT YOUR OWN RISK!]:

Warning! MC Wedding Tackle poll (Literally)! You've been warned!

Ok, so I've had some suggestions to re-texture the MC's junk. I personally don't have an opinion, but I thought it was something you guys could vote on. It obviously seems to matter to a few.

So, if you've gotten this far. The new one is on the left, the one on the right is the current one. I'll let this run for a day or two.

Don't worry, I'm as embarrassed posting this as you may be looking! But, I thought I'd give it a go and see what you guys think.

I'll do a render of one of the girls soon to make up for it, I promise! LOL! Cheers!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Use the New one (on the Left) 94%

Use the Old one (on the Right) 6%

48 votes total 1 day left
I had to come on here to see if he had the balls to post the dick pic! Pun most certainly intended! :p

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Since you had the guts to post it on Patreon, I didn't dare not re-post it here. At least I had the good sense to hide it behind a spoiler and give a warning. Your warning was too late for anyone who had opened the post. :ROFLMAO:
They can blame the three people who've brought it up over the course of development, and it being one of the few suggestions I actually took! :)

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I'll save Walter Victor the trouble of having to post this one, it's the least I can do since he shared wang poll!

From Patreon:

I think Audrey likes it!

She's smiling and looking pretty intently...

Maybe MC took this stuff called NO2 I used to take (just a supplement, perfectly legal), when I used to work out to increase blood flow. He liked it, and now it's part of his workout regiment. So, that's possibly the backstory, and he's already told all the girls, but he showed Audrey first (I'm sure Lydia accused him of using a pump or something, because that's what Lydia would do).

BTW, I will have a close up from this pose tomorrow I'll post, it's still rendering. But, I wanted to get something on the top of my page other than a schlong, and I thought this looked pretty ok!

Again, thank you to those who participated, you have forever put your stamp on One Day at a Time (if only in a small way, or big one considering, ok I'm gonna shut up now and let you enjoy the image)!

Cheers!

Audrey Promo Table 1.png

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I'll save Walter Victor the trouble of having to post this one, it's the least I can do since he shared wang poll!

From Patreon:

I think Audrey likes it!

She's smiling and looking pretty intently...

Maybe MC took this stuff called NO2 I used to take (just a supplement, perfectly legal), when I used to work out to increase blood flow. He liked it, and now it's part of his workout regiment. So, that's possibly the backstory, and he's already told all the girls, but he showed Audrey first (I'm sure Lydia accused him of using a pump or something, because that's what Lydia would do).

BTW, I will have a close up from this pose tomorrow I'll post, it's still rendering. But, I wanted to get something on the top of my page other than a schlong, and I thought this looked pretty ok!

Again, thank you to those who participated, you have forever put your stamp on One Day at a Time (if only in a small way, or big one considering, ok I'm gonna shut up now and let you enjoy the image)!

Cheers!

View attachment 2227387
If SEXY ass Audrey is the payment for dick pics feel free to post more

;):love::p

• Haha
Reactions: Ukghar

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
For some reason I couldn't play season 2. I saved in slot 9, but it didn't work and I deleted season 1 apk :( I need to dowload again and see.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
For some reason I couldn't play season 2. I saved in slot 9, but it didn't work and I deleted season 1 apk :( I need to dowload again and see.
Are using.the official port? Perhaps Wills747 might be able to help. He's the resident android genius on here. Are you getting a traceback?

Reactions: underoath27

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
No, all empty. I saved on page 1 and 9, then I deleted on page 1 and left only on page 9, but ch 13, all empty
Try putting this in "android/data/one.day.at.a.time.two/files/game" folder. If the game folder doesn't exist, create it.
Failing that, you could manually move the save located in RenPy-Saves/one.day.at.a.time/9-1-LT1.save into the one.day.at.a.time.two folder

• Red Heart
Reactions: underoath27
4.50 star(s) 130 Votes