Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Sara Jail.png

I'm going to be kicking off 2 days of rendering animations. So, I decided to do this render as something fun before Daz is tied up. Since the first of 4 animations will render overnight anyway (they're roughly 8 hours a piece because it's a really noisy, environment, and I'm gonna have to let them go the distance).

I'll have a dev update for you guys on Wednesday as promised. Should have plenty of time to write it up. BTW, some very good progress has happened, I'll tell you about it then!

Enjoy, hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
ch14_samhang4_3.png

Sam looks happy, at least for the moment. Wonder if Barb got her back yet for snapping that pic, when MC and Mary pulled their prank...

Ok I'll keep this one short (hopefully), and I know it's a little before Wednesday where I live, but I felt like writing it now.

We are currently at 5457 lines of code, and I'm not even half way through the second day of the update yet. We are also at 1713 renders and after tomorrow, 15 animations!

So, as I said in the render I posted, some good progress, but still plenty to go. This is gonna be another big one (lately they all are). I don't wanna share too much, but there will certainly be some emotional moments on both days, and also a lot of fun as usual.

MC is going to have to face something he's been putting off for a while, and at least start working towards resolving it. Audrey has to go see if here Dad can be helped. I already mentioned the court stuff with Melissa. But there's so much more (this has all been alluded to already in the game, so it's not a spoiler or anything).

Reggie is back in this update, and I'd highly recommend you guys talk to him, if you didn't last update. There is a relapse variable going on for those of you who haven't checked the WT.

So, just fair warning, you should not complain about helping people when given the choice (I've tried to make this pretty obvious, even if you are playing blind). For the small majority who wanna see MC have to battle back from a slip, then complain or don't help people. As I've said previously the sober/junkie points would not be the only way to mess up in the game for our protagonist.

But, as I've also said all roads will eventually lead to MC being sober. It's always been this games goal and intention to highlight what you don't see on the news.

I'll check back in with you guys in a couple of weeks, and as always. Hope you are all doing well! Cheers! (Guess that wasn't all that short!)

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
Hope you feel better soon Zoey Raven.

I'm not feeling well, its not covid thankfully. Seems like a sinus thing, and I've tried to work through it today, but I think my best bet is gonna be to shut it down for a few days and just rest.

Why am I writing you this? Because I feel as though I work for you and I want to be honest. Did I have to write this? No, but as I said, I feel you deserve to know, when development is halted, even if for a short period.

I'll let you guys know as soon as I'm back, I can't see it lasting more than through the weekend (based on previous experience with stuff like this), if it does I'll be heading to the doctor and getting some antibiotics or whatever.

Sorry about second notification to patrons. Meant to make the message public.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020

Just checking in to let you guys know I'm still fighting with whatever the hell this is. Pretty sure it's the flu at this point and I'm right in the middle of it. My biggest problem at the moment is getting quality sleep.

Without getting too graphic, I'm starting to expell things more. So that's a good sign I'm probably turning the corner. My Mom had something like this and what I have is taking the same path as what hers did.

Anyway, just wanted to keep you updated. I'll post again when I'm back to work, as I said I would. I appreciate your patience and understanding. No one wants this gone more than me.

Ukghar

Nov 10, 2022
I hope that you are well Zoey. If not, omit this post as reading it may cause stress and it is not good for health.

Question? Does it make me weird that incest kinks do absolutely nothing for me? (...)
No, as lots of people have already said.

If you want to see more sens in “incest kinks” you can try to read about Zoroastrianism cosmogony and historical practices with consanguine marriages (Xwedodah). Or simply play CK3 and go for the “pure blood” trait. Both worked for me.

(...) I just want to illustrate how sad souls who hide behind the anonymity of the internet flock together, to celebrate negativity. (...)

View attachment 2287198
View attachment 2287208

(...)
About reviews with a low amount of stars: While I usually do not agree with the low amount of stars given, I usually find them good at pointing out weak points. And I like them to bring more dev’s attention to them. If one person is pointing at something, it may not be important. But if a bunch of people are pointing at something it rarely is not important. Even the best game has weak points.

I may be a “sad soul who hides behind the anonymity of the internet”, but I do not aim to celebrate negativity. I aim to help in finding weak points in creation, because doing it while being the creator is a very hard task (similar to how most parents have a hard time to find flaws in their children). I think that I’m not the only person with that or similar mindset.

Question, I think we can all agree the images have gotten to a different level as the game as gone on. So, I'm wondering if I should change the preview images on here. (...)
Yes. Imo Tremonia suggested a good way to do it:

(...) I would present maybe ten pics. Eight of them shows the characters in different locations and situations. Two pics would show some nudity. (...)
Maybe you could label the images with a small stamp on it like "Screenshot from Chapter xyz" and present pics half/half. The first half from Chapter 1-6 and the second half from Chapter 7-13.

Reactions: Tremonia

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Question? Does it make me weird that incest kinks do absolutely nothing for me?

I mean it seems like if you're not into that on here, you're an outlier. Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to like what they like. I've done content for all kinds of stuff I'm not into. So, I totally support anyone's right to like whatever they like. But, it's almost as though it's not ok with a lot of people, if you're not into that. Anyway just wondering.
Lol. I don't think so. It's more like we have these guys for all content. You have those who act like every game has to be what they want and act as if you are crazy if you are not that into it, and at the same time we have those who treat you like you are a sicko for liking specific kinks in a game.
There are many people into incest as a fetish, that includes me, but why the hell would I even care if someone else is into it or not?

The only thing that annoys me is when people claim that games who are clearly planned with the patch in mind, are not incest games or when devs tease at incest, then do a 180° and claim they never even planned that in the first place.
That feels like they are either trying to get incest fans into their game, but then change their mind, OR they are just screwing with them in the first place.

Like when you have an MC constantly looking at this landlady's tits and ass, they are over affectionate, with long kisses on the mouth and always get into compromising situations. All that happens and then suddenly the dev says "no incest, incest was never planned..." WTF?

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Figured I'd post this here too, since people seem to be getting worried about me.

From Patreon:

Tried to do some work today...

I tried to do some work today, because I feel like I'm letting people down and I hate that. That, and I'm bored to tears (you can only watch so much TV).

I've had a few of you check in to ask how I was doing and I'm fighting through it, but it's still not gone and I don't have a lot of energy.

I promise I'll update everyone when I'm back like I said I would. This bug is just really pesky. I'm assured it's a virus and nothing will really help but time.

Again, I'll get back as soon as I can. I just still don't have the energy. Mostly, like I said in one of the posts, due to not getting good sleep, and feeling lethargic.

Thank you again for being patient. I understand your concern for me, but I'll make it through. It's just hard to concentrate right now. I really hate this too, trust me. Nothing brings me more joy than working on One Day at a Time.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Figured I'd post this here too, since people seem to be getting worried about me.

From Patreon:

Tried to do some work today...

I tried to do some work today, because I feel like I'm letting people down and I hate that. That, and I'm bored to tears (you can only watch so much TV).

I've had a few of you check in to ask how I was doing and I'm fighting through it, but it's still not gone and I don't have a lot of energy.

I promise I'll update everyone when I'm back like I said I would. This bug is just really pesky. I'm assured it's a virus and nothing will really help but time.

Again, I'll get back as soon as I can. I just still don't have the energy. Mostly, like I said in one of the posts, due to not getting good sleep, and feeling lethargic.

Thank you again for being patient. I understand your concern for me, but I'll make it through. It's just hard to concentrate right now. I really hate this too, trust me. Nothing brings me more joy than working on One Day at a Time.
There's some really nasty bugs going around my area too. Some weird overly dangerous influenza that kept hospitalizing kids and young adults, and an especially nasty round of RSV off the top of my head. I'm on the tail end of something, not covid, even though I wear a P100 respirator everywhere. Just a bad season right now.
Stay warm and stay hydrated. Thanks for keeping us in the loop even though you feel like crap and don't push yourself too much. Your body will let you know when you're ready.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I tried to do some work today, because I feel like I'm letting people down and I hate that.
Don't feel like this. You don't letting anyone down. It's not your fault. You're transparent about everything what's going on. Like Solstorm at Patreon says: don't stress about updates and concentrate on getting healthy. No one wins anything if you punish yourself. If you need time you should take your time. At the end of the day no one will thank you for it because this is how people works. Think about your own advice and take one day at a time. You don't owe us anyhing.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest news from the developer at Patreon:

I'm at about 90% right now with a caveat!

As I stated I'm feeling a lot better in terms of being ill. However, I'm not going to be starting back to work on the game until Wednesday (two days from now). Why is that you ask? Because it was brought to my attention by a medical professional, the reason my illness lasted so long could have been because of nicotine use.

I've cut back a lot in the last several years. But, this made a lot of since to me, and I thought no better time to quit than now. Anyway, so I'm currently on day 3 of withdrawal from nicotine (I know some people can go off of it and not have any symptoms, that's not been the case for me). It's affecting my concentration a little, and I'm just jittery overall. From everything I've read they say days 3-5 are the worst.

So, I'm gonna wait it out. We obviously won't have a dev update this week due to me having been sick. Because, there's nothing new to report. We'll just skip this one, and I'll get with you guys on the 8th, that's two weeks from when I'll be starting back.

Glad to have something positive to tell you guys today! Thank you to everyone who was supportive when I was feeling bad. I really appreciate it.

As always, hope you are all doing well! Cheers

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
This is for whoever said none of the girls have beaver, Molly has a landing strip! :p

From Patreon (This was a patron only because of the beaver!). Btw anyone who doesn't have a two path save going is missing out on this Goddess of love, just sayin!

Just a thank you render cause we got to 300 Patrons again this month!

Molly relaxing by the fire while she's out of town on her business trip...
1674833729511.png

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
This is for whoever said none of the girls have beaver, Molly has a landing strip! :p

From Patreon (This was a patron only because of the beaver!). Btw anyone who doesn't have a two path save going is missing out on this Goddess of love, just sayin!

Just a thank you render cause we got to 300 Patrons again this month!

Molly relaxing by the fire while she's out of town on her business trip...
View attachment 2343955
You are a fiend for introducing this path late in the game, after I had committed to Brenda. [Couldn't lose Lydia's grandma's wedding ring in a pawn shop.] :)

I definitely like Molly's route better. Oh well!

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
You are a fiend for introducing this path late in the game, after I had committed to Brenda.
Same to me. I needed this thread to find Molly. I've never thought twice to commit to Brenda. Even she don't look like a super model she shines from the heart. It felt so wrong to me as I made a playthrough special to Molly. But Molly's worth it.
I definitely like Molly's route better.
I can't decide at the moment but I tend to agree with you. But I can't help to mix the name Molly with Holly every now and then.

Aaargh... I like them both... I don't know what to do about it. The future will tell. At the moment I have three play throughs: sober with Brenda, sober with Molly and my failing path. The last one is hard to play but I can commend to do it. One see the whole story with a new perspective.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
What exactly do you do differently??
In which way do you mean? To get the Molly path or go the relapse way? To get on Molly path you have to decline the job offer from Brenda. You'll met Molly later and work for her. The relapse path is simple to play: do drugs and be sceptical in every way to stay sober.

Reactions: jaw1986baby

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
You are a fiend for introducing this path late in the game, after I had committed to Brenda. [Couldn't lose Lydia's grandma's wedding ring in a pawn shop.] :)

I definitely like Molly's route better. Oh well!
As I've said before, just about everything in this game is super easy to obtain. I wanted something for those who dared choose the other choice, and MC had to have someone to work for if he didn't work for Brenda. So there's that too, and it needed to be an equal relationship to Brenda's to fill the time. You guys can always just do a second save and skip with the mod.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
What exactly do you do differently??

To get the Molly path. I don't want to do relapse, just not my thing.
You choose not to work for Brenda. It has nothing to do with relapsing, no character is going to directly influence any of that, it will be based on the MC's decisions, and he will still end up sober. The choice is back in Chapter 5. You need to work for Brenda to get Lydia's perfect ending, but it's not like you're gonna be punished if you work for Molly, that will still be a good ending path too.

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
As I've said before, just about everything in this game is super easy to obtain. I wanted something for those who dared choose the other choice, and MC had to have someone to work for if he didn't work for Brenda. So there's that too, and it needed to be an equal relationship to Brenda's to fill the time. You guys can always just do a second save and skip with the mod.
OR I can modify your game to get both routes! :ROFLMAO:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Serious question, anybody think I word the choices tricky or have "secret stats" that make it hard to obtain sex with the girls?

I honestly try to make it as easy as possible for you to get the right choice 95% of the time. Most of the choices are based on the characters personality, and I usually indicate something in the wrong choice the majority of the time, OR in the right choice that gives you a HUGE hint as to which one to pick.

This is just in response to something in the last review of the game I don't agree with, other than that it was a nice honest review (apart from saying the game doesn't have enough sex, and none of the girls are hot, but that's subjective I guess if you're looking for a fap game) and I actually messaged and thanked the person.

Just making sure I'm not way off here. I think my choices are EASY most of the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tremonia

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Serious question, anybody think I word the choices tricky or have "secret stats" that make it hard to obtain sex with the girls?

I honestly try to make it as easy as possible for you to get the right choice 95% of the time. Most of the choices are based on the characters personality, and I usually indicate something in the wrong choice the majority of the time, OR in the right choice that gives you a HUGE hint as to which one to pick.

This is just in response to something in the last review of the game I don't agree with, other than that it was a nice honest review (apart from saying the game doesn't have enough sex, and none of the girls are hot, but that's subjective I guess if you're looking for a fap game) and I actually messaged and thanked the person.

Just making sure I'm not way off here. I think my choices are EASY most of the time.
I believe that whether the choices are tricky is irrelevant, since you give a wide enough latitude (in the points) when it comes to the sex scenes, that a few wrong choices are not going to derail the player.

4.50 star(s) 131 Votes