Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I believe that whether the choices are tricky is irrelevant, since you give a wide enough latitude (in the points) when it comes to the sex scenes, that a few wrong choices are not going to derail the player.
This is also true. Plus isn't part of the point of playing a game blind (which you who know me know is not my thing, I wanna see it all), is to miss some stuff, and figure out why you did ? Idk, because I don't play games blind. So, someone who does would have to tell me. I do try to accommodate those players as well though.

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Once you're on the sober path enough a lot of times the junkie choices are greyed out. Crazy thinking none of the girls are hot.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
This is also true. Plus isn't part of the point of playing a game blind (which you who know me know is not my thing, I wanna see it all), is to miss some stuff, and figure out why you did ? Idk, because I don't play games blind. So, someone who does would have to tell me. I do try to accommodate those players as well though.
I think most choices are pretty obvious if you have paid attention to the personalities of the characters. I admit that I didn't get the Lydia date correct without a walkthrough when I first played this game. :)

Also, I don't think I would have known there was BarbDom/BarbSub unless I looked at walkthrough.

Reactions: Tremonia

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I think most choices are pretty obvious if you have paid attention to the personalities of the characters. I admit that I didn't get the Lydia date correct without a walkthrough when I first played this game. :)

Also, I don't think I would have known there was BarbDom/BarbSub unless I looked at walkthrough.
I didn't make that an obvious thing, because I figured since it's going to be optional anyway, it would go by what your personality was in those situations answering those choices.

I think that if you have paid attention part of that is huge, I don't know how anybody would play my game, and not want to read it. If I was just looking for a really surfacey game to skip over stuff it wouldn't be my game.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019

Also, having made walkthroughs and mods for a long time before I started my game. I think you should have to use them for some things. If you're going to play blind you're not going to get everything in any game. This goes from VN's clear up to AAA. There's no way I get the good ending in Dark Souls games without a WT. Or even AC games for that matter.

And yes I do like to do the date stuff, sometimes. There's actually two date variable dependent sex scenes in this next update coming up, so just be warned. I feel like it mixes it up that way you can't just bank points, you have to continue to treat them well. Or treat them as their personality would call for. Like with Sam, you want to be sassy with her cuz that's who she is. With Barb you want to fuck with her because she does it with you.

Last edited:

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Wow man.
What I love the most about this game is the realness of it. I can actually lay my own life experiences almost perfectly parallel to that of MC.
Except instead of a sponsor, I found a really close friend of mine cold on the couch of a party. He didn't make it through.
I never went through treatment or programs or anything like that and cold turkey is fucking maddening just like you described.
This is one of my personal favorites. Thank you Zoey Raven for allowing me to relive my worst through this story bro.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Serious question, anybody think I word the choices tricky or have "secret stats" that make it hard to obtain sex with the girls?
No, the choices are obvious if you read the dialogues and the options. The only "tricky" thing is to get Molly, but it's definitely not hard to obtain sex with the girls. Okay, maybe the first decision to met Melissa in the hospital and the question to sell or loan the ring of Lydia's grandmom is "hard" to guess the outcome. But this isn't a problem if you ask me.

I can confirm this:
I believe that whether the choices are tricky is irrelevant, since you give a wide enough latitude (in the points) when it comes to the sex scenes, that a few wrong choices are not going to derail the player.
I think most choices are pretty obvious if you have paid attention to the personalities of the characters.
Your game isn't hard to play. In fact it's really easy. You integrated an in-game walkthrough mode. No one can complain about anything. It's obvious why you made this game so easy to play and I would do the same if I were in your place. You wants to tell a story which is extremely important to you and you wants to make sure everyone can get the message. It works. It works really good. There will ever be some people who complain about something or didn't even get the largest and most obvious hints. That's something you can't prevent.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A poll from the developer at Patreon:

How do you play One Day at a Time?

Quick poll to see how you play One Day at a Time, because I'm curious. I got a review on a gaming site saying my choices were too hard. I completely disagree with this (if anything I think I make it too easy). However, if you agree or have thoughts, please comment and tell me them. I also feel the poll will shed some light on this as well. Thanks!

I play totatlly blind 19%

I play with the Mod 45%

I follow the PDF walkthrough 16%

I play mostly blind and follow the PDF when feel I need it. 19%

67 votes total 3 days left

Reactions: Tremonia

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
Let me see if I understand what was said correctly in the description section on page 1. I have to download Ch 1-11 first. Play that and when it tells me to save I need to save the game at the end so I can start 13c where I pretty much left off at. Also 13c starts off with Ch 12. Am I correct on that?

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Let me see if I understand what was said correctly in the description section on page 1. I have to download Ch 1-11 first. Play that and when it tells me to save I need to save the game at the end so I can start 13c where I pretty much left off at. Also 13c starts off with Ch 12. Am I correct on that?
1675482526116.png

It's really this simple, and yes Season 2 starts off with Ch. 12 if that's what you're asked (I think it is), because why would it skip to 13. Really, just follow this and you're be fine if you are playing on PC or Mac, if on Android read the android instructions in the OP. I tried to make it as easy as I possibly could to understand.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
View attachment 2363957

It's really this simple, and yes Season 2 starts off with Ch. 12 if that's what you're asked (I think it is), because why would it skip to 13. Really, just follow this and you're be fine if you are playing on PC or Mac, if on Android read the android instructions in the OP. I tried to make it as easy as I possibly could to understand.
I understand that Zoey. I only asked because back in 2016 I was in a horrific truck accident that gave me severe brain damage so it is a little harder for me to understand some things. Hell I when I was in the hospital I even forgot who some of my family members were. 2 were my mom and dad

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I understand that Zoey. I only asked because back in 2016 I was in a horrific truck accident that gave me severe brain damage so it is a little harder for me to understand some things. Hell I when I was in the hospital I even forgot who some of my family members were. 2 were my mom and dad
That all sounds terrible. I'm sorry you had to go through that and are struggling. Feel free to PM me if you need any further help with playing the game. I'd be more than happy to help you personally.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
So that happens in real life? Because it sounds like a few games I've played.

Not to make light of your serious situation, but that's where my warped mind went as I was reading your post.

Take care.

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
So that happens in real life? Because it sounds like a few games I've played.

Not to make light of your serious situation, but that's where my warped mind went as I was reading your post.

Take care.
I understand and I know what you mean. I have played a few games and have seen movies where pretty much the same thing happened.

With this conversation not relating to Zoey's game/post this is not the place to discuss it. If you or anyone would like to know more about my story please feel free to message me and ask. I don't bite. *Hard*

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Just like hotel's skip floor 13, VN:s skip chapter 12.

That's not how it works? :LOL:

4.50 star(s) 130 Votes