Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
For Barb Dom and Sub choices. If you go with the Dom choice does that make you the dominant 1 or her?

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
For Barb Dom and Sub choices. If you go with the Dom choice does that make you the dominant 1 or her?
This is explained in the PDF walkthrough in detail. There's a link in the OP. Once we get to that content it will also be optional anyway. Dom means dominance over Barb, Sub means submission to Barb. But this will be ONE optional late game scene. Forgive my frustration, but I've said it at least 10 times in here no joke. However it's one of the things that gets talked about most in this thread.

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Submission to Barb would be hot as long as it doesn't include shit like strap ons.
It's gonna be light body worships type stuff. I think I really need to put these things in the OP, because I've answered this one several times as well. It's not your fault because you probably didn't see that far back, but might need to do that.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
It's gonna be light body worships type stuff. I think I really need to put these things in the OP, because I've answered this one several times as well. It's not your fault because you probably didn't see that far back, but might need to do that.
Part of the problem is the words "dom" and "sub" as well. They encompass a very wide range of activities that it is difficult to understand what is really meant. Sometimes "sub" just means letting your partner take the lead, sometimes it means hardcore bondage and masochism.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Part of the problem is the words "dom" and "sub" as well. They encompass a very wide range of activities that it is difficult to understand what is really meant. Sometimes "sub" just means letting your partner take the lead, sometimes it means hardcore bondage and masochism.
Right, and that's why people will have to either wait to experience the scene or choose the neutral optiom to just have straight sex when it comes. As much as I'd like to be transparent about the entire game (which I think I am to almost an extreme at times). There comes a point when a certain amount of magic is going to be lost if I just tell you guys everything that's going to happen. And exactly how it's going to happen.

People can always try the scene they got either Sub or Dom points for when it happens and if they don't like it they can reload their save and choose the neutral option. Best I can do, because TBH other than a rough idea of what it's going to be. I'm not 100% on all the details of it yet. Hell, it may even be as far down the line as to happen in her solo ending. Idk yet.

TBH, had I known plans for one small innocent fetish scene like this was going to be such a pain in the ass when I started I wouldn't have included the points. I'd have just had Barb ask MC if he was interested before it happened. Would be less realistic that way, but would have saved me a lot of heartache.

I even had one player get mad because they missed out on sex with Barb the 4th time, because they were too afraid they were going to get wrangled into one of the sub/dom options. So they just avoided getting points at all in those choices. I can only do so much and not everyone is going to be pleased. But it's.an optional scene.

Last edited:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Playing from start again.

Is there a timeline for what happened when in the past? If I understand correctly we have:
  • 7 years ago, Barb & MC mess around (both in high school)
  • 6 years ago, Barb graduates from high school, starts police academy. Also starts trying to get sober.
  • 4 years ago MC, Mary, Audrey, Lydia graduates from high school
  • 4 years ago MC & Lydia becomes a couple
Is this reasonably correct?

PS. I find it to be a bit difficult to enjoy the cinema scene in Chapter 3 knowing what comes after

twiztid

Oct 21, 2020
Right, and that's why people will have to either wait to experience the scene or choose the neutral optiom to just have straight sex when it comes. As much as I'd like to be transparent about the entire game (which I think I am to almost an extreme at times). There comes a point when a certain amount of magic is going to be lost if I just tell you guys everything that's going to happen. And exactly how it's going to happen.

People can always try the scene they got either Sub or Dom points for when it happens and if they don't like it they can reload their save and choose the neutral option. Best I can do because TBH other than a rough idea of what it's going to be. I'm not 100% on all the details of it yet. Hell, it may even be as far down the line as to happen in her solo ending. Idk yet.

TBH, had I known plans for one small innocent fetish scene like this was going to be such a pain in the ass when I started I wouldn't have included the points. I'd have just had Barb ask MC if he was interested before it happened. Would be less realistic that way, but would have saved me a lot of heartaches.

I even had one player get mad because they missed out on sex with Barb the 4th time because they were too afraid they were going to get wrangled into one of the sub/dom options. So they just avoided getting points at all in those choices. I can only do so much and not everyone is going to be pleased. But it's.an an optional scene.
Man sorry, you got so much hate for making the game so close to reality as possible. Honestly, the story, characters, and whole plot are as close to reality as you can get with a game. It is honestly the #1 in my book.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Playing from start again.

Is there a timeline for what happened when in the past? If I understand correctly we have:
  • 7 years ago, Barb & MC mess around (both in high school)
  • 6 years ago, Barb graduates from high school, starts police academy. Also starts trying to get sober.
  • 4 years ago MC, Mary, Audrey, Lydia graduates from high school
  • 4 years ago MC & Lydia becomes a couple
Is this reasonably correct?

PS. I find it to be a bit difficult to enjoy the cinema scene in Chapter 3 knowing what comes after
MC, Lydia, Mary and Audrey are 2 years behind Barb in high school (I've answered this before too somewhere in this thread) so yes that's right. Barb and MC were together when she was in high school and maybe even before. All I say is they used to be lovers and used together in high school. TBH I'm not sure what you're talking about that comes after the Cinema scene. A lot comes after the Cinema scene. Maybe you're referring to something that happens to Lydia. I'm not sure how that should take away from that scene.

Anyway, I develop the game, people either like it or they don't. I of course hope they do like it. But, don't expect everyone to like all aspects of it. I hope I've made it clear I don't cater and do rewrites based on the whims of the F 95 community. So, not to come off blunt, but the game is very much take it or leave it. This has served me well to this point in my opinion. Also the way I'd imagine it is Barb joined the police academy after the year it took her to get sober. However, other than things making logical sense. You are free to think she started whenever you want. Had I wanted you to have all the details of what happened before, other than the stuff I give you in the game. I would have started the story back then. Hope that answers your question.

Last edited:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
TBH I'm not sure what you're talking about that comes after the Cinema scene. A lot comes after the Cinema scene. Maybe you're referring to something that happens to Lydia. I'm not sure how that should take away from that scene.
I am referring to them coming home seeing Lydia having OD'd.
Also the way I'd imagine it is Barb joined the police academy after the year it took her to get sober.
Right, I forgot about that. I went with that because Barb says "Vice squad detective, joined the academy right after high school" when MC first finds out she's a cop. And I have yet to replay the part where she talks about her time getting sober.
You are free to think she started whenever you want. Had I wanted you to have all the details of what happened before, other than the stuff I give you in the game. I would have started the story back then. Hope that answers your question.
For what it's worth, I am just trying to piece together what already is in the game, not trying to get info only you as the dev have.

Thanks for the answers and for an awesome game!

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Yes, it's an awesome game. My favourite when it comes to storytelling and humor. You should consider to write a review. It helps to get attention for this AVN and the message behind it and it helps Zoey Raven against some obviously unfair ratings too.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Yes, it's an awesome game. My favourite when it comes to storytelling and humor. You should consider to write a review. It helps to get attention for this AVN and the message behind it and it helps Zoey Raven against some obviously unfair ratings too.
Thanks for the reminder, but I have written a review already (although it was a long time ago, maybe I should update it at some point ...).

Reactions: Tremonia

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I am referring to them coming home seeing Lydia having OD'd.

Right, I forgot about that. I went with that because Barb says "Vice squad detective, joined the academy right after high school" when MC first finds out she's a cop. And I have yet to replay the part where she talks about her time getting sober.

For what it's worth, I am just trying to piece together what already is in the game, not trying to get info only you as the dev have.

Yea that event with Lydia had to happen after something. Just happened to be after that.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
ch14_audreychurch1_31.png

Looks like you're at church to see the pastor about Audrey's Dad. At least you made her smile for a second...

Ok guys! We are at 6458 lines of code 2066 renders and 15 animations.

I know that's not a ton since I've been back, but I've had some render sets that took two days or more to finish. So, that shows you just how resource intensive they were. The series the image above comes from takes 20 minutes per render, and there were like 100 of them.

Not to mention my first week back, I was kinda easing myself into things. Giving up nicotine is no joke, I've withdrawn from several hard drugs over the years, (as you know) and this one messes with your brain chemistry as much or worse than a LOT of them.

I'd say I have a solid two weeks of development left until I go into polishing. Which takes me more time than a lot of devs. But, is also the reason most of you guys like the game, because every word is important to me. I think I'm going to redo one of the animations as well, I'm just not happy with, unless I can tweak it. But, it will definitely have to be re-rendered.

This is going to be another very large update, which is always good news! I was hoping to keep on the schedule we've been using for the last few updates and have this out by the end of February, but getting sick kinda thru a wrench in that. I'd apologize, but it wasn't really in my control.

Anyway, that means we're looking at a March release date. I should have a firm one to announce when I check back in with you in another two weeks!

As always, hope you are all doing well, cheers!

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Damn, I forgot ice cream for breakfast day this year as well. :(
Me too. But I would never forget Schnitzel & blowjob day. In the states it's the steak & bj day if I remember correctly. Can't blame MC for concentrating to know the essential things of life. I put a reminder in my calendar. Next year I'll eating my ice to breakfast.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
ch14_barbsex5_11.png

Barb is happy to announce One Day at a Time Ch. 14 will release on 03/14/23 or 14/03/23 or March 14 2023!
I am nearing the end of the development process and getting ready to go into polishing. Since this is going to be a March release anyway, I'm going to take my time to make sure everything is exactly as I want it to be.
This will be the last dev update before release!
As always, hope you are all doing well, Cheers!

4.50 star(s) 130 Votes