blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
I'd like to thank everyone who has had the balls or cans (if you will) to try my game and stick with it. I hope it's been rewarding. It certainly has been for me to make. It's not an easy subject, but your ardor for the game has really been something I never expected. I set out to make this for myself and didn't think when people saw "drugs" or "No incest tag" they'd even give it a chance. But, those of you who have I really appreciate.
it has been a bit heavy at times, so heavy i haven't touched it in a bit. but i gotta say. i have learned a lot from your story, thats for sure. opened my eyes about some unexplained oddness that i've seen in the past from people i know, and... family. not like i was blind to it before, but more looking back on things and going holy fuck. i actually called someone about it, and confronted them, to find out. yea there was a drug problem. and a supposed "trip" away, was actually jail time.

it is what it is, but. wow. so scary to think that if certain things had been different, that could've been me too. i DO have an addictive personality, more obsessive i guess if i look at it honestly. i just addicted different things, things that i'm still trying to shake off even now. but recognizing it for what it is, has made a world of difference.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
it has been a bit heavy at times, so heavy i haven't touched it in a bit. but i gotta say. i have learned a lot from your story, thats for sure. opened my eyes about some unexplained oddness that i've seen in the past from people i know, and... family. not like i was blind to it before, but more looking back on things and going holy fuck. i actually called someone about it, and confronted them, to find out. yea there was a drug problem. and a supposed "trip" away, was actually jail time.

it is what it is, but. wow. so scary to think that if certain things had been different, that could've been me too. i DO have an addictive personality, more obsessive i guess if i look at it honestly. i just addicted different things, things that i'm still trying to shake off even now. but recognizing it for what it is, has made a world of difference.
If you ever need to talk about any of that stuff, just PM me, or DM me on Discord, I'm always around to listen.

coolman5974

Jul 24, 2018
hi i have come to a problem at the start of chapert 6 as there are having on the bed sex after the party im not sure if im the onle one with this is some one can help me fix it thank you and i like how the story is going thanks for shering this game with us

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
hi i have come to a problem at the start of chapert 6 as there are having on the bed sex after the party im not sure if im the onle one with this is some one can help me fix it thank you and i like how the story is going thanks for shering this game with us

Never seen this before, but judging by where most of your errors are coming from, I'd guess it's a corrupt persistent save file. Copy this into your file explorer without the quotes "%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\OneDayAtATime-1599887994" and delete the 'persistent' file. Also delete it from the 'saves' folder in the 'game' folder where you extracted the game if it exists.

coolman5974

Jul 24, 2018
Never seen this before, but judging by where most of your errors are coming from, I'd guess it's a corrupt persistent save file. Copy this into your file explorer without the quotes "%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\OneDayAtATime-1599887994" and delete the 'persistent' file. Also delete it from the 'saves' folder in the 'game' folder where you extracted the game if it exists.
ok thank you i have just done what you said it did give me more errors after so i deleted the Traceback.txt file and that stop it from happen after that thanks for you help

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoey Raven

coolman5974

Jul 24, 2018
ok thank you i have just done what you said it did give me more errors after so i deleted the Traceback.txt file and that stop it from happen after that thanks for you help
sorry to bother you agian it did go a bit more then befor but then crashed and give me this error code i mite try starting a new game later to see if it still happen then

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
sorry to bother you agian it did go a bit more then befor but then crashed and give me this error code i mite try starting a new game later to see if it still happen then
Try re-downloading the game, do a fresh install and start a new game. You can always use he mod to get back to where you need to. Make sure you delete that persistent save again in appdata where Shaddy showed you too, that will give you the cleanest install. Sometimes persistent save errors can corrupt your actual saves as well.

Reactions: coolman5974
Jul 6, 2021
I was shocked to find hospitals could ban people even from the ER. Thought that was illegal. Worked in D&A treatment and saw the manipulation. Lot of my coworkers were in treatment. Also blocking the subloxone. Would think they'd be happy to see someone trying to get well. Or if they refused would offer a detox bed. Seems the system can work against people trying to get recovery. I read the big book trying to understand how it is and the stories even from like the 1950s and before! Also, those in NA where I worked were usually also dual diagnosis, the alcoholics (2nd time DUI offenders) usually were not.

coolman5974

Jul 24, 2018
Try re-downloading the game, do a fresh install and start a new game. You can always use he mod to get back to where you need to. Make sure you delete that persistent save again in appdata where Shaddy showed you too, that will give you the cleanest install. Sometimes persistent save errors can corrupt your actual saves as well.
i will give that a go later today and let you know what happens after i get back to where it happened befor thanks you for the help

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Sir Sam

Jan 18, 2021
Ok so this is my second full on review of a VN, I'll post this on the review thread aswell. DISCLAMER: I am no professional reviewer, this is mostly my opinion going off the route I played and what I picked up on, these devs work really hard on these games and as someone with no game making experience, this is all just my take on it. So I'll start off by reviewing the overall experience then dive into the story. This review is as of Chapter 6c

First of all I want to briefely talk about Zoey Raven who's the dev of this game. Before I tried this game I already knew Zoey from their various walkthrough mods of a lot of the games on this site, and they're without a doubt the fastest modder out there to the point where most of the time a walkthrough by Zoey is often up before the compressed version. And since a few devs are a little detached from this site or are not that active here, I was intrigued as to what a game by a modder would be like, especially one as active in the community as Zoey is.

And speaking of the Dev, I want to start by talking about the most impressive thing about this game, which is the Development/content. Let me preface this by saying that Zoey is absolutely INSANE. While I'd say from experience that most games update bimonthly with an average render count of 400 renders per update which at times can be filler garbage, this game gets updated almost every single month without fail, with an insane average render count which is about 1500 renders per update, which can never be filler given the story of this game which I'll touch on later. Seriously though, this game i barely 8 months old and it has over 8200 renders (adding up changelog counts), take a break Zoey goddamn .

So as for the experience of the game. The game is quite smooth, it runs without any real problems, the gui is clean and I like the font but I would've liked to atleast had the option of having a text box as some of the text is hard to read when the background is bright, I am aware that there's a "Text box visibiity" option in the settings but it doesn't seem to change anything. Also the main menu background render is quite blurry compared to every other render in the game. And speaking of renders, they are quite good, they are pretty smoot and they aren't blurry or pixilated, I can tell that the dev did the best they can with their rig, which is impressive given how much and how fast this game updates.

Dialogue. The dialogue through out that majority of the game is quite good, it's easy to read and not too wordy or irrelevant, and I love the MC and Lydia's banter, and I find the excessivness of movie references hillarious . However, I am not a big fan of the dialogue during sex scenes, as most of it is internal dialogue of the girl describing every move she makes during the scene instead of talking with the MC. Which leads me to another issue with the game which is the animations. I don't have a major problem with the animations but they look a little off, and the viewing angles of the sex scenes are strange and not that good if I'm honest. And the final point when it comes to overall gameplay is music. I like music, I like it a lot. I feel like music inhances any experience so this game automatically gets points for that, but I felt like some tracks didn't fit well with the scene. An example of that would be the track playing in the pawn shop during the MC and Becky's scene. The track is great and I love it, but didn't reallt fit that scene imo, and I'd like to see more variety but that's just me

Now onto the bread and butter of this game, which is the plot and that's where this game really excels. This is a very emotional plot, I can tell that it means a lot to the dev and writing it was probably emotionally taxing for them, which paid of big time because this plot is incredibely unique ad is impeccable so far. From the very first chapter you have a clear understanding of the situation and what the end goal is without being unnecessarily cryptic and evasive. This is so well done that I have to point out how perfect the name of the game is. And even though I thankfully have no history of addiction in my family or in my close cricle of friends, it's amazing how much this story gripped me. The exploration of themes of addiction and recovery is extremely fascinating and this game does a good job touching on that subject through it's choices, and showcasing the desperation of these characters.

The characters are really appealing and you can really empathize with them and you can see how much your choices can impact them without going into a million different branching paths and 10 saves. So far I find Barb and Audrey the most interesting of the bunch, as they give Lydia and the MC something to strive for. On that note though, I am impartial to the girls' looks, I am not particularly smitten by any of them, and nor should I. Most of them are heroin addicts and they shouldn't look like actresses or models.

As for the direction of the game, before playing chapter 6 I was wondering when the coices of the sober path would come into effect and it looks like it started to. And while I'm on that, I'd like to say that I really liked how The MC's will readiness to stop came at random series of events and not after some world shattering epiphany, as most characters said, it just happens when you randomly just get sick of the way your living. And this is really the games greatest strength which is how realistic and unsettling it is, this isn't some school dating simulator or a fantasy novel, and while I do love these games, this is real shit, and it's the ugly side of the world and it's a real disease that destroys families. Anyways, I am excited for the future as you can really tell that the MC will have to make some really difficult desicions, and that there will be a lot of drama and falling out and reconciliation. I just hope that Zoey really goes through with this and fully explore the potential this topic has to offer because I don't think we'll be getting a game about addiction any time soon.

Finally, since recovery is always a process the format and length of these updates is perfect, and since the novel shows their day to day lives, there can never really be a filler update. I do really want to see the improvement of their lives as they go on, and how they overcome the obstacles they face, I can tell that there will be some setbacks that we, the player won't be able to dodge through choic, which is necessary to the development of this plot imo.

This has been insanely long, but I really enjoyed sharing my thoughts on this game. The Fact that Zoey only has a little over 200 patrons is criminal, and I really wish them all the best and support

My rating for this game is 4 stars, I'd rate it as 4.5 if I could, but I can't, and I'm not rating it as 5 stars as it's not perfect. This has been my review of this game, if you read all that you're a mad lad and thank you, lemme know what you think :)

Last edited:

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
'and Lydia will never be your sister' still me chuckle every time i open this page:LOL::LOL:

P.S this is coming from someone who like to play incest games so don't even think to start a kink shaming bs on me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MD27

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
my opinion of sam CRASHED after she said she wanted her steak well done:sick:
I know exactly what you mean... I don't eat much meat these days but I am very fortunate to live in a country where the beef is excellent and a very rare steak is incredible. But Sam's still a sweetie ;)

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I know exactly what you mean... I don't eat much meat these days but I am very fortunate to live in a country where the beef is excellent and a very rare steak is incredible. But Sam's still a sweetie ;)
She had the personality for it and the popularity to withstand it so she was the obvious choice.

4.50 star(s) 130 Votes