Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
News from Patreon:

Slight change to Tiers and Game Release Schedule

I've decided to make it a 7 day period from patron to public release. This is to reward higher tier patrons, (as many other devs do) more.

$10 and UP will get the game 7 days before public release, and $5 will get the game 3 days before public release. This brings things in line more with the way a lot of the rest of the industry does it.

I just feel higher tier patrons should be rewarded more for being high tier patrons.

This doesn't mean I don't appreciate everyone who gives anything, I absolutely do, that's why the game is made public to all of you eventually.

Still working on the last few scenes in Ch. 10, patron release date will still be sometime in the first half of March.

Hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I'm hoping it's worth the full dev time wait for you guys!
Thanks, Walter, for passing along the status update.

Absolutely, every update is well worth the wait. This game has quickly become one of my very favorites. It isn't as flashy as some of the heavy hitters around here we all know about, but this game has much more heart than they will ever have. The depth of the characters and the touching moments the MC has with them is priceless. Each of the main characters really comes across as a real person, flaws and all.

Honestly, I wish almost every other dev would play One Day at a Time and use it as an prime example how to write characters and dialog.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Thanks, Walter, for passing along the status update.

Absolutely, every update is well worth the wait. This game has quickly become one of my very favorites. It isn't as flashy as some of the heavy hitters around here we all know about, but this game has much more heart than they will ever have. The depth of the characters and the touching moments the MC has with them is priceless. Each of the main characters really comes across as a real person, flaws and all.

Honestly, I wish almost every other dev would play One Day at a Time and use it as an prime example how to write characters and dialog.
I appreciate that, and Walter passing them along! But, just to let you guys know again, all dev updates are public on my patreon.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
You told her you were gonna come by in the last update by yourself. I'll let you make the deduction. :p Audrey is no longer automatic though, since she's on Love points now. So, you'll have to have earned it. But, as you guys know, I try to make it easy on you about what the right choice is or not, that way people don't have sex with girls they don't want contrary to some saying I don't use the points in the game.
Just started the game and as much as Lydia and Mary are likeable, I really am attracted to Audrey with Samantha a close second. Thing is, I already opted for the Lydia/Mary threesome path but considering this isn't one of those typical harem games, I'm not sure how to best navigate these relationships.

From what I've gathered so far, other than being childhood friend, Mary and the MC had some kind of history where they had hooked up/fooled around in the past and clearly Mary still has feelings for him. Lydia, while open-minded and loyal has been an otherwise great girlfriend and the last thing I want to do is hurt either of them unnecessarily, which is why I opted for the threesome path. However, since I'm planning on playing the recovery/sober path and not corrupting Audrey, I'm not sure how best to get on her love path? Any thoughts or ideas? If we want to pursue a relationship with her and be more than just friends, do we put any points into corruption since some of that dialogue just sounds like flirting and not trying to drag her down into anything unhealthy?

Last edited:

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
the last thing I want to do is hurt either of them unnecessarily
I think you're holding back unnecessarily.
Zoey has said often enough that there will be no drama in this regard.
So I trust him and I'm the man whore for as long as possible, up to the point where we have to make a decision.
Apart from Zoey's words, if you think about it carefully, everyone actually knows about each other, or rather they know who you're jumping on.
And they're ok with it... yet.
But I see what you mean.
And I'm curious to see how this "resolves" between Lydia and Audrey. It's important to remember that Lydia is the girlfriend, but Audrey has already indicated that someday she wants you just for herself.

We will see.

However, since I'm planning on playing the recovery/sober path and not corrupting Audrey, I'm not sure how best to get on her love path? Any thoughts or ideas?
Don't worry, the "corruption points" don't really spoil Audrey in a bad way, let's say she just becomes a little more "open".
Just play how you like, Audrey is exactly what she appears to be.
If you treat her with love and respect, she won't blame you. ;)

Otherwise if you have concerns, take a look at the walkthrough or use the mod.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I think you're holding back unnecessarily.
Zoey has said often enough that there will be no drama in this regard.
So I trust him and I'm the man whore for as long as possible, up to the point where we have to make a decision.
Apart from Zoey's words, if you think about it carefully, everyone actually knows about each other, or rather they know who you're jumping on.
And they're ok with it... yet.
But I see what you mean.
And I'm curious to see how this "resolves" between Lydia and Audrey. It's important to remember that Lydia is the girlfriend, but Audrey has already indicated that someday she wants you just for herself.

We will see.

Don't worry, the "corruption points" don't really spoil Audrey in a bad way, let's say she just becomes a little more "open".
Just play how you like, Audrey is exactly what she appears to be.
If you treat her with love and respect, she won't blame you. ;)

Otherwise if you have concerns, take a look at the walkthrough or use the mod.
Thanks for the heads up. Even though Lydia is open-minded and has stated as far as she is concerned, you are in an open relationship as long as you are upfront with her, I just wasn't sure if Audrey was only willing to enter a relationship with the MC only...as in no sharing. As for the corruption of Audrey, I just didn't want her to follow Mary's path from experimentation to worse if she were to let loose a bit and possibly be a friend with benefits or if a committed romantic relationship was the only way to get into her pants. ;) :love:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest Update out of Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dev Update #33 (Release Date!)

One Day at a Time Ch. 10 is in the final stages, and Patron release for ZBFF and UP will be on March 9th!

Side Note: This is the largest update in the game so far, it just edged out Ch. 7.

Hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
And a little something extra from Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bonus Promo for Everyone!

I did this one for my proof reader ShaddyModda. He's been the only other one that's been with me on this journey, and he started helping about a year and half ago. I figured it was time I showed my respect for that publicly.

Audrey is is favorite girl! :)

Reactions: MV_1999 and haooni

Fred689

Jan 11, 2022
Started playing this game yesterday and am hooked on it, real and interesting story and a nice insight in the life of a junkie.
Love the interaction (bashing and teasing) between Lydia and MC.. laughed out loud more then once.
Really nice writing there by the dev.

Girls have their own personalities are cute, awesome and have realistic bodies for a change (to bad they are almost all shaven again down there :), I love the 90's landing strips tho). Only minor thingie for me are the intimate parts of the chars, they seems so "plastic".
However the writing and story make up for this more then enough.

Another game to follow!

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Started playing this game yesterday and am hooked on it, real and interesting story and a nice insight in the life of a junkie.
Love the interaction (bashing and teasing) between Lydia and MC.. laughed out loud more then once.
Really nice writing there by the dev.

Girls have their own personalities are cute, awesome and have realistic bodies for a change (to bad they are almost all shaven again down there :), I love the 90's landing strips tho). Only minor thingie for me are the intimate parts of the chars, they seems so "plastic".
However the writing and story make up for this more then enough.

Another game to follow!
Some people like the intimate parts, but I respect your opinion. I write them a certain way, and you either like that style or you don't, there's not real wiggle room.

Reactions: Fred689

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Everybody is awkwars about their intimacy. Anyone will have either a great time
uncovering eachother and with a bright mind make fun and games of the touching and the feeling,
or not. There is always room to do good. Evil lurks in every doubt, any procrastination, all fear.

Fred689

Jan 11, 2022
Some people like the intimate parts, but I respect your opinion. I write them a certain way, and you either like that style or you don't, there's not real wiggle room.
Zoey Raven
Hey Zoey,
By intimate parts I didn't mean the writing/script but the c*ck and p*ssy drawings/animations during the lewd scenes :) :)
(English is not my native language).
Don't get me wrong, the female bodies are awesome (even the breasts), but their's and MC's private part seem a bit "plastic" at times during those scenes.

The writing during the lewd scenes is different but I like it, it's a nice change relative to other novels.
I have no complaints whatsoever on that.

Keep up the good work

Fred689

Jan 11, 2022
Everybody is awkwars about their intimacy. Anyone will have either a great time
uncovering eachother and with a bright mind make fun and games of the touching and the feeling,
or not. There is always room to do good. Evil lurks in every doubt, any procrastination, all fear.
Couldn't have said it any better, you sure you're not the new twentieth century profet :)

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Couldn't have said it any better, you sure you're not the new twentieth century profet :)
It's a distinct possibility they are, based on this a previous posts! I don't understand half of what Canto is saying, but I love it! :)

• Haha
Reactions: TheSidewinder

Fred689

Jan 11, 2022
Is it possible there is no scene with Lydia after MC gets her mother’s ring back (after his first day at work with Brenda)? I thought the ring meant alot to Lydia so it’s weird there is no scene showing she gets the ring back… or did I miss it?

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Is it possible there is no scene with Lydia after MC gets her mother’s ring back (after his first day at work with Brenda)? I thought the ring meant alot to Lydia so it’s weird there is no scene showing she gets the ring back… or did I miss it?
Anyone else wanna give theories about this, and why he might be saving it. In case he decides to ask her a question at the end of the game...? It's not really a spoiler, because I thought this beat was pretty obvious.

Last edited:

Kronos405

Aug 25, 2020
Anyone else wanna give theories about this, and why he might be saving it. In case he decides to ask her a question at the end of the game...? It's not really a spoiler, because I thought this beat was pretty obvious.
Yea I just assumed when everyone gets their lives back on track and in a good spot the MC would ask Lydia the big question with that ring.

Reactions: ename144

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
That will be awesome! I'm waiting this!

4.50 star(s) 130 Votes