Fred689

Jan 11, 2022
Anyone else wanna give theories about this, and why he might be saving it. In case he decides to ask her a question at the end of the game...? It's not really a spoiler, because I thought this beat was pretty obvious.
Ok so it was not forgotten in the script , tnx for clearing this out.

Zoey Raven sorry if it has been asked before, but out of how many episodes will this story exist?

Fred689

Jan 11, 2022
Yea I just assumed when everyone gets their lives back on track and in a good spot the MC would ask Lydia the big question with that ring.
Seems plausible, however he would have ask Mary too then (at least on my playthrough).

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Admittedly, I haven't gotten through all the current content, but while I like Lydia and Mary, I'm way more invested in the other LI's. I'm not sure if they will just be side girls, or if we can actually end up with either Audrey or Samantha. Right now they're the ones I like most...maybe once I play through more I'll change my mind but I'm crushing hard on the brunettes.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Seems plausible, however he would have ask Mary too then (at least on my playthrough).
I've posted about this probably 5 times throughout the thread, of course he would as her too on the threesome ending. But, they're not gonna break the ring in two, MC is gonna have to spring to another one for Mary, maybe a different color, idk? :)

But, there will be just a Lydia solo ending as well for people who chose that. However this was decided in the first chapter. It's all in the PDF walkthough, I can't stress enough how everything you guys ask is explained with text or in variables in that. There are 4 variables. MarySolo, which means you didn't get the threesome points in Ch. 1. LydiaMary, which means you did get the threesome variable in Ch. 1. Or nothing and Mary just walks in to sleep with Lydia in the bedroom in Ch. 1 Day 2. That's the Lydia Solo path, it doesn't need a variable, because it happens naturally if don't get MarySolo at a later time, which she gives you several chances to do. Lastly we have LydiaMary2, which I give you a 2 and 3rd chance to obtain the threesome path. If you don't at that point, then you are either on solo paths with both or only on Lydia's path.

(For the harem ending I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet if you rejected Mary all those times I give you chances to at least get Mary Solo, I guess I'd have to give another chance or Maybe just leave her sexual content out of it. This is why players love harem ending and devs don't so much, because unless you love every girl they don't make sense. But that's the nature of them I guess.)

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Admittedly, I haven't gotten through all the current content, but while I like Lydia and Mary, I'm way more invested in the other LI's. I'm not sure if they will just be side girls, or if we can actually end up with either Audrey or Samantha. Right now they're the ones I like most...maybe once I play through more I'll change my mind but I'm crushing hard on the brunettes.
The only way I can see someone not ending up liking Lydia as the game goes on is if they just don't like her model. But, then again she's my main girl and she kinda writes herself at this point. Then again love all the girls, because I kinda have to since I wrote them. :) In all seriousness I don't think there is a girl in the game who doesn't have a distinct personality. At least I hope there isn't. So I can see why people would like this one of that one, from the outside looking in.

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
The only way I can see someone not ending up liking Lydia as the game goes on is if they just don't like her model. But, then again she's my main girl and she kinda writes herself at this point. Then again love all the girls, because I kinda have to since I wrote them. :) In all seriousness I don't think there is a girl in the game who doesn't have a distinct personality. At least I hope there isn't. So I can see why people would like this one of that one, from the outside looking in.
If I'm being honest, maybe it's because we start the game off already with Lydia as the long-term girlfriend. I tend to prefer games where the MC is single at the beginning or at least for a large portion of the game otherwise I have a harder time accepting there is already a strong connection other than friendship.

I'm guessing its because most of the games I play, the MC is actively romancing the girl(s) he wants to be with. Physically, Lydia is attractive, though I'm not a fan of the short hair, but her look is fine....for a friend with benefits, which is how she comes across to me as I'm playing the first 4 chapters or so. Essentially her and Mary are about equal, the difference is Mary lost touch with the MC and they only recently came back into each other's lives, but I see both girls as no more than casual love interests. However, if I'm looking long-term into the MC's future and life in sobriety, definitely Audrey is my go-to, followed by Samantha since she's just super cute despite her own baggage.

Reactions: Jah-Ith-Ber

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
If I'm being honest, maybe it's because we start the game off already with Lydia as the long-term girlfriend. I tend to prefer games where the MC is single at the beginning or at least for a large portion of the game otherwise I have a harder time accepting there is already a strong connection other than friendship.

I'm guessing its because most of the games I play, the MC is actively romancing the girl(s) he wants to be with. Physically, Lydia is attractive, though I'm not a fan of the short hair, but her look is fine....for a friend with benefits, which is how she comes across to me as I'm playing the first 4 chapters or so. Essentially her and Mary are about equal, the difference is Mary lost touch with the MC and they only recently came back into each other's lives, but I see both girls as no more than casual love interests. However, if I'm looking long-term into the MC's future and life in sobriety, definitely Audrey is my go-to, followed by Samantha since she's just super cute despite her own baggage.
If I'm being honest, and I'm not saying this to sound snarky or anything like that. I write the game how I want. Not how anyone else wants. I've said this a million times. I think devs who take to heart what people say in threads and design their game around that, as opposed to what their vision is (if they have one other than pure fucking, fap games exist) then it most surely turns to shit and quickly.

I'm not sure what you mean by Lydia as friends with benefits, because she's certainly not portrayed that way. Are you saying that's how you see her personality? If so that's fine. But, also if you get to say chapter 8 and still think the game in general sees her as only a casual LI, then I can't help you. There are a ton of tender moments with Lydia as with all characters.

Last edited:

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
If I'm being honest, and I'm not saying this to sound snarky or anything like that. I write the game how I want. Not how anyone else wants. I've said this a million times. I think devs who take to heart what people say in threads and design their game around that, as opposed to what their vision is (if they have one other than pure fucking, fap games exist) then it most surely turns to shit and quickly.

I'm not sure what you mean by Lydia as friends with benefits, because she certainly not portrayed that way. Are you saying that's how you see her personality? If so that's fine. But, also if you get to say chapter 8 and still think the game in general sees her as only a casual LI, then I can't help you. There are a ton of tender moments with Lydia as with all characters.
It's your game and you can do what you want with the story and characters, I mean no offense. I just meant early on Lydia is super chill with everything and everyone. Maybe that's a function of not sweating the small stuff considering their current lifestyle and what they prioritize above all else. That's not to say she doesn't love the MC, it's just comes across differently compared to Mary, Barb and Audrey. Maybe it's because they've been together so long they've reach a comfortable groove not to mention having an open relationship where despite the ground rules they established they just seem very comfortable with their desires.

Again, I'm more than willing to concede I'm wrong the further into the game I get, though with feelings being subjective, I'm just talking about my early impressions not to mention who I personally gravitate towards. If anything, I tip my hat to writing characters that you can identify and sympathize with...both positive and negative responses from the tough love Barb is trying to use to reach the MC while still inherently caring about him deeply, to the unrequited love from Mary (early on) and Audrey's change in perspective as an older, more mature woman compared to her high school self. Anyway, for what it's worth, its a great premise, well written characters and I am invested in seeing how the MC's journey continues.

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
It's your game and you can do what you want with the story and characters, I mean no offense. I just meant early on Lydia is super chill with everything and everyone. Maybe that's a function of not sweating the small stuff considering their current lifestyle and what they prioritize above all else. That's not to say she doesn't love the MC, it's just comes across differently compared to Mary, Barb and Audrey. Maybe it's because they've been together so long they've reach a comfortable groove not to mention having an open relationship where despite the ground rules they established they just seem very comfortable with their desires.

Again, I'm more than willing to concede I'm wrong the further into the game I get, though with feelings being subjective, I'm just talking about my early impressions not to mention who I personally gravitate towards. If anything, I tip my hat to writing characters that you can identify and sympathize with...both positive and negative responses from the tough love Barb is trying to use to reach the MC while still inherently caring about him deeply, to the unrequited love from Mary (early on) and Audrey's change in perspective as an older, more mature woman compared to her high school self. Anyway, for what it's worth, its a great premise, well written characters and I am invested in seeing how the MC's journey continues.
All the girls are gonna be ok with all the other girls. There are two ways you can go with it, have it all in the open or do that behind the back lets act like everyone doesn't really know what's going on. That's less realistic to me. You can't really have an ensemble cast game like this without people accepting the MC gets around, or as I said sneaks around. I prefer gets around, in the end you'll have choices to be with your true love, and I even put in narrations when you miss sex scenes like "Maybe that's what I wanted to happen". You'll be able to choose your one true love or Lydia and Mary, or all of them in the end though. Although the harem thing as I'm discussed before will be a "I just can't see myself favoring one of you over the rest", and things will kinda just go on like they are. There will be sexy times and stuff, but it's not like they're all gonna go live at Barbs, I'm not making Harem Hotel, and no offense to that game I think it's outstanding.

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Have a render I did of Lydia at the pool everyone! Tell me she's not smokin' hot! :)

View attachment 1701468
Eh, Lydia just isn't my type looks wise. Not quite sure why, probably something about the sharp features of her face. That said, she's still my pick for the endgame; she's just too in tune with the MC to ignore. The two are soulmates. Not sure about adding Mary yet; she's in the mix at the moment but I might change my mind. We'll see.

Oh, and good game, by the way. It's been on my list for a while but I finally got around to it last month. The story is a bit heavy in places so I took a very slow pace on my playthrough, but the end result is very high quality. The cast is very well presented, each character is distinct and likeable, and the subject matter insures the game has a consistent narrative focus. The plot allows plenty of time to smell the roses (normally metaphorical ones, admittedly), but still feels like it's advancing. Even the incident in Chapter 8, which at first felt heavy handed, winds up leading to a lot of solid character development and some interesting plot points.

So nice work, Zoey! I'm eager for Chapter 10.

Reactions: Zoey Raven

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
The compressed version does not work like intended ... its say missing the .exe from lib/win ... after renaming the existing .exe there (from OneDayataTime-Ch.9betamodda.exe -> OneDayataTime.exe) I managed to get it to start ...

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
The compressed version does not work like intended ... its say missing the .exe from lib/win ... after renaming the existing .exe there (from OneDayataTime-Ch.9betamodda.exe -> OneDayataTime.exe) I managed to get it to start ...
I just let ShaddyModda the compressor know, we'll get a new version uploaded, but use this fix for now.
No one must have used the compressed on patreon.

Reactions: PPLayer

Cee27

Apr 26, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/ch10_script.rpy", line 5709, in script
    $ Shelly += 2
  File "game/scripts/ch10_script.rpy", line 5709, in <module>
    $ Shelly += 2
NameError: name 'Shelly' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/ch10_script.rpy", line 5709, in script
    $ Shelly += 2
  File "D:\Users\User\Downloads\OneDayataTime-Ch.10c-pc\OneDayataTime-Ch.10c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Users\User\Downloads\OneDayataTime-Ch.10c-pc\OneDayataTime-Ch.10c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/ch10_script.rpy", line 5709, in <module>
    $ Shelly += 2
NameError: name 'Shelly' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
One Day At A Time 
Wed Mar 16 11:22:26 2022
1647400962255.png

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Here is the walkthrough for my game, by well, who else, me! ;)

Edit: Updated to Chapter 10c

You can find this and all my other content here:

Or you can:
Just a heads up. At first I thought the walkthrough hadn't been updated, but it looks like it refers to Chapter 10 as Chapter 9 in the heading (and the end banner). There are effectively two Chapter 9s back-to-back.

4.50 star(s) 130 Votes