Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/ch10_script.rpy", line 5709, in script
    $ Shelly += 2
  File "game/scripts/ch10_script.rpy", line 5709, in <module>
    $ Shelly += 2
NameError: name 'Shelly' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ Shelly += 2
  File "D:\Users\User\Downloads\OneDayataTime-Ch.10c-pc\OneDayataTime-Ch.10c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Users\User\Downloads\OneDayataTime-Ch.10c-pc\OneDayataTime-Ch.10c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    $ Shelly += 2

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
One Day At A Time
Wed Mar 16 11:22:26 2022
View attachment 1706226
One Patron ran into this and I can't duplicate the error on any of the version because she's defined properly. You could try deleting your persistent save file. That's the best I can tell you, it's possible that got corrupted. But, as I said there's nothing I can do about this, because it's all correct and I've tested it extensively. Worst case, delete your persistent save file in both places in windows, or start a new save. There's no reason for this to be happening, it makes no sense in terms of code. So, that's all I can offer.

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Just a heads up. At first I thought the walkthrough hadn't been updated, but it looks like it refers to Chapter 10 as Chapter 9 in the heading (and the end banner). There are effectively two Chapter 9s back-to-back.
That's an easy fix I can do! :)

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
New compressed version is uploading now, hold off on downloading it til I say it's cool!

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    $ Shelly += 2
    $ Shelly += 2

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ Shelly += 2
  File "D:\Users\User\Downloads\OneDayataTime-Ch.10c-pc\OneDayataTime-Ch.10c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Users\User\Downloads\OneDayataTime-Ch.10c-pc\OneDayataTime-Ch.10c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    $ Shelly += 2

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
One Day At A Time
Wed Mar 16 11:22:26 2022
View attachment 1706226
Btw what version were you using?

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
RIP already downloaded the previous compressed and it doesn't work. 800mb data down the drain...

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
RIP already downloaded the previous compressed and it doesn't work. 800mb data down the drain...
Sorry about that, new one is being uploaded as we speak, I don't do the compressed version. But, I should have tested it.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
You can still do the fix the guy posted with the old one, and it will work. Just go into the folder "lib" , then rename the exe to onedayatatime.exe

Last edited:
Reactions: jhustrue

dumbass55

Jun 23, 2019
No incest, no NTR, no furry, no gay, no lesbian, AND there's more than one chick?! Ah, looks just like my style of game.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
If anyone runs into this error, extract the attached file into your "game" folder and overwrite when prompted. There is no logical reason for the error, because it's coded properly, but this will fix it, and 99.9% of you will not encounter this. I've talked with a few devs who've had this problem before, and there is no explanation, it's just renpy being renpy.
Error still appears after Applying the fix, Mod not installed, Fresh copy used

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After clicking "You'd have......."

Screenshot 2022-03-16 072206.png

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
PC, Mac etc is what I'm asking? Did you overwrite the script file with the fix file?
PC windows 10
and yes I did, even deleted the RPYC file
The only thing I didn't do is start a new game

Here's the save just before the error occurs

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
PC windows 10
I've not
PC windows 10

It's got something to do with your save file, because it doesn't do that one mine. I'm gonna post a new fix that will fix it permanently. It's the only why I could get it to work on your file. But this kind of concerns me going forward that people who are having this issue have corrupted saves some way renpy has done that I don't know about. But I'll pust the fix out in the same post I use before it will just be a different fix.

Reactions: Anon4321

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
PC windows 10

Download the new fix and try it now! It will work for sure, because I did it in the file this time (Which shouldn't have to be done).

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
We got a 5 and a 2 Star Review today. But the 2 is the highest the guy gives out, so I take that as a compliment. However he said I don't take the subject matter seriously, which honestly made me laugh out loud. But, I respect his opinion, and he's entitled to it.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You cannot take junkies seriously .. this is one exxageration this game tells us in spades.
They will lie and cheat and steal to get the cristal rocks into their bodies no matter the cost.
We still have the good of living out relationships with babes to stop thinking about that.

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
Download the new fix and try it now! It will work for sure, because I did it in the file this time (Which shouldn't have to be done).
Thanks

This is what I found
After applying the fix, you need to delete the RPYC files, otherwise the error will still be there

Also, Shaddy's mod will need to updated as well

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Thanks

This is what I found
After applying the fix, you need to delete the RPYC files, otherwise the error will still be there

Also, Shaddy's mod will need to updated as well
I'll have him add it in, but I didn't have to delete my . rpcy, this is Renpy fuckery, for lack of a better term. Because it's already defined in the variables file, which loads at the beginning of the game, but whatever. She's the last girl who will have points, and it's only affecting a few people. Wish there was a rhyme or reason. Like I actually screwed something up. But, I didn't. The new Fix I posted I did just like a mod, and I tested it on your file. Worked fine.

Reactions: Anon4321
4.50 star(s) 130 Votes