Nov 19, 2021
You gotta figure...it's your story. These characters mean more to you than to anyone playing it. This story means more to you than anyone playing it. So if you reach a point where you're getting misty eyed because of the direction and growth of your characters, I think that's awesome. No one is ever going to appreciate the story the same way as you are.

It's still amazing how much better the storylines in these games are compared to the millions of dollars spent by companies today. I remember playing this game a little when it first came out and I was like, "Eh...this isn't my thing." Months came and went. I ended up playing it again...and the more personalized battle with addiction and life smashed me in the face. This became one of my favorite games.

I appreciate seeing these posts where you're moved by the story you're trying to tell. I know we all hope people will love the scenes we write that affect us, but even if they don't...doesn't fucking matter. You're doing good shit. I like a lot of games. I like Being a Dik. I like WVM. But honestly? As awesome as those games are...I kind of feel like your game has that distinct feel to it that you know how it's going to end and you aren't going to milk it. Probably going to be heartfelt, but devastating too. And I'm all about that ride to the finish.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Thanks for sharing Zoey. One Day at a Time is quite emotional at times for me too as a player. The touching moments, are my favorite part of your game. Can't wait to see what is next.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Release Date Announcement from Patreon:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Release date announcment!

Molly says hello, and wants you to know the One Day at a Time Ch. 11 Patron release date will indeed be June 8th!

I'm at a point I'm confident in saying we can make that happen.

Oh, and I forgot to mention when I first posted this, we beat the largest update mark by 300 lines of code, this update is a little over 7000 lines of code!

Hope you are all doing well, looking forward to sharing this update with you! Cheers!

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020

Molly says hello, and wants you to know the One Day at a Time Ch. 11 Patron release date will indeed be June 8th!

Oh, and I forgot to mention when I first posted this, we beat the largest update mark by 300 lines of code, this update is a little over 7000 lines of code!

Hope you are all doing well, looking forward to sharing this update with you! Cheers!
caNT WAIT...ONE OF MY FAV GAME.

Reactions: Zoey Raven
Nov 19, 2021
It's just a promo for fun, but ShaddyModda said close to the same thing when I showed it to him!
I love promos because it's a fun way to test the waters for potential things to do in the future. Your writing and character development is pretty tight. I'd love to see fleshed out characters like that in a terrifying horror story.

Course you can also just have her wear a shirt that says, "NTR Rulz" and you'd give half the population of F95 nightmares and heart attacks from the fear and chaos alone.

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019

So I went the Brenda route and I miss out on Molly? Argh.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Just didn't want to miss out on getting Lydia's (Mother's? or Grandma's) ring back.
Start another save and and skip through using the PDF. Shouldn't take 10 min. Then you'll have a Molly path save too!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Important release advice from the developer:

IMPORTANT info about saves for Ch.11 ODAAT!

Mary can't wait for the Patron release on Wednesday, but we've got some info for you when you play it!

Since this is the finale of season 1, please make sure you play all the way until the end of Ch. 11. Lydia will ask you to make a save at the end of the update. You will then load this save when Ch. 12 is released to continue on.

All saves before this will only work with Ch. 1-11 of the game. If you played My New Family you will know how this works. As I said before I did this to decrease the file size, so we will have plenty of room for the rest of the game.

I have put these same notes in the game post draft for Ch. 11 that will become live on the 8th. Please make sure you do this, so you don't have to download chapters 1-11 again when Ch. 12 comes out.

Note: If you have multiple save files you can make as many saves as you want, they just have to be done when Lydia tells you to!

Can't wait for you guys to get to play Ch. 11! Hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed making it.

As always, hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
This is actually really cool Zoey Raven congrats on being sober for so long. I dont know what it is like personally (I have only ever done weed 2-3 times several years ago) but I would imagine it would be a real struggle.
Just depends on if you're willing to keep living your life a different way, and hit the pillow sober at night. It's the most rewarding thing that has ever happened to me. I'd not be the man I am today if I didn't have to live the steps.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
no impregnation/pregnancy? never heard of girls doing drugs who don't get knocked up...?
One of the characters has kids from before she stopped using. It's just an event that happened before the game. Also the majority of junkies I got sober with didn't get knocked up. So it's not the norm, but is represented in the game. Also there might be pregnancy in some of the endings, but we are not there yet, hence no tags. Thanks for your post.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest update from the developer at Patreon:

I might have to delay public release

*Update, now they are giving and estimated restoration time of Thursday at midnight, which is also subject to change, so I'll shoot for public release on Friday if this holds.*

We had a major storm come through last night and It knocked out the power to over 160,000 people in my state.

My house was one of those. So needless to say I have no internet connection and my phone is nearly dead. They are expecting to have it fixed by tomorrow, but there are no promises.

Because I also release the game publicly on places other than here, I would like to wait until I can do that all at the same time.

Sorry guys, but this is mother nature, and I'm feeling it. It got to 97F here today with no AC, so it more than sucks. It's 85F right now in my living room, and we are all sleeping downstairs. Idk what that is in Celsius, but it's it's damn hot.

Anyway I'll do the public release as soon as I have power back!

85°F = 29.444°C
97°F = 36.111°C

4.50 star(s) 130 Votes