Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
ch19_audreycallb4barb1_14.png

Looks like Audrey just woke up, wouldn't mind waking up with her myself...

Alright everyone, I know I said I wouldn't post a dev update until the 25th, but I got more done than I thought I would, with a caveat. The majority of what I've done so far it writing. For some reason with this one I just started writing and couldn't stop! I guess that's not a whole lot different than most of the first dev updates I give you for a release, but I went even further ahead than I normally do this time.

What this means, is I'm naturally playing render catch up. So, I'm not gonna quote numbers or anything because they wouldn't be an accurate representation of what has been accomplished to this point. I'll do that in the next dev update.

Just to give you some context though, I'm up to the scene in the afternoon where Lydia and MC are going to visit MC's Dad at the prison. There's a lot that's happened in the story already in the morning though. Many (but not all) of the events from the morning were set up in Ch. 18. So, you should have a pretty good idea of what I've been working on content wise. With a somewhat major exception I won't spoil.

That's about it for now, I'll check back in with you guys in two or three weeks. Probably two if the render numbers are matching what I have and will continue to write. That way you'll have a clear picture of where things stand.

Full disclosure. The new Dragon Age game is coming out on the 31st of October (Halloween if you will), and I'd love to tell you I'll be able to hold off on doing a play-through of that until this release is done, but I'd be lying. I've been waiting for this game for 10 years, and Dragon Age is by far my favorite video game franchise of all time. I'd be embarrassed to tell you how many hours I've got in all the games combined. I'm really pulling for BioWare and hoping this game doesn't end up sucking. I just read something in PC gamer, where a guy played it for six hours and had a whole lot of positive things to say about it. So, if you're like me and enjoy the franchise, that's awesome news! I just wanted to make everyone aware of this.

As always, hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Can someone make a sheet with the characters and their age and job, thank you.
I don't give exact ages other than saying everyone is at least in their 20's except for Rick MC's first sponsor who I think I said was over 30, and I've never given his current sponsors age that I remember, but he's over 30 as well (not sure why this is needed). If you play the game, you'll have plenty of insight into what their jobs are. So, such a sheet (again, I'm not sure why you'd need it) is not necessary if you're playing the game and not skipping things.

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Hope you don't end up disappointed but not impressed with what they've shown of veilguard
The stuff they've been showing recently looks good. I'll agree the trailer looked bad. The hair textures in the game look amazing. And, regardless of what the final art style ends ups being. I play Dragon Age for the story. It was never for the combat or visuals. Although they have still been serviceable in every game.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaw1986baby

JMSkywalker

May 13, 2024
Just found this game and can honestly say I love it and all the characters, but im having a hard time wrapping my head around Barb and MC's relationship/timeline.

The way I interpreted it was that since Lydia and MC had been together for 4 years since time of graduation (correct me if im wrong), that means that Barb and MC had a romantic and sexual relationship before that where they were together and using until Barb(im using this word because its what i feel she did to the MC) abandoned the MC to get sober. But it seems they loved each other which is why it kinda hurt me when i read that Barb abandoned the MC and then had a random one night stand with a married man (im not saying she knew he was) while relapsing and failing to do the one thing she left the MC for. And then she gets pregnant (again not her fault) but from what i read she still continues to use, which means shes failing to do the one thing she left for. Honestly during that whole date scene i couldnt really understand how the MC wasnt at least a little bit angrier with Barb for abandoning him to get sober, then failing to get sober and having another (already married) mans children when she clearly states the never stopped loving the MC, and then never tried to get in contact till 5 years later when she luckily saves Lydia from getting raped.

Now I dont understand the first thing about what it feels like to have that disease and then try to cure yourself from it, but if i was in the MC's position i would have been angry about that whole situation with Barb abandoning him, i would feel betrayed if the love of my life left for a reason, failed to what she left to do and did something that should have been a special event between two people who love each other with another man with someone she didnt know or love. Im happy Barb managed to get sober but why did it take her another four years after that to finally reconnect with the man she loves.

Now ive got a few suggestions which you dont have to take into consideration at all because i have no right to give you ideas for the game youve created, but i feel like i need to get these out of my head, so here goes:

I feel like you've created a good situation where it could be revealed that the MC is the true father of Barbs children
#1. I believe its stated that Barb's one night stand happened around a month after abandoning the MC, with her stating she also never went through the full 9 month pregnancy with her also having no idea she was pregnant until while later due to similarities between morning sickness and just feeling shitty from trying to get clean. With this information, it could mean that if the MC and Barb 'made love' before she left him, there is a chance that it could have been the MC who got her pregnant and she didnt know and just assumed it was from the one night stand

#2. Bit of a stretch but since we havent got to see what the kids look like, if/when they are revealed to the MC and others, the MC could look at them and say they remind him of a young MC, where goes to find photos of him as a young boy and then compares them to each other and finds they look really similar, which causes the MC to talk to Barb about his suspicions and he asks her if he could do one of those paternity test thingies and it comes back positive confirming they are his children as well.

Now i know this a long ass stretch but if i could change one thing about this game it would be the relationship with Barb. And this is all just me making suggestions which does not need to be taken into consideration at all. Sorry for the long rant but it honestly made me angry during that date scene where she talks about her kids.

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
Just found this game and can honestly say I love it and all the characters, but im having a hard time wrapping my head around Barb and MC's relationship/timeline.

The way I interpreted it was that since Lydia and MC had been together for 4 years since time of graduation (correct me if im wrong), that means that Barb and MC had a romantic and sexual relationship before that where they were together and using until Barb(im using this word because its what i feel she did to the MC) abandoned the MC to get sober. But it seems they loved each other which is why it kinda hurt me when i read that Barb abandoned the MC and then had a random one night stand with a married man (im not saying she knew he was) while relapsing and failing to do the one thing she left the MC for. And then she gets pregnant (again not her fault) but from what i read she still continues to use, which means shes failing to do the one thing she left for. Honestly during that whole date scene i couldnt really understand how the MC wasnt at least a little bit angrier with Barb for abandoning him to get sober, then failing to get sober and having another (already married) mans children when she clearly states the never stopped loving the MC, and then never tried to get in contact till 5 years later when she luckily saves Lydia from getting raped.

Now I dont understand the first thing about what it feels like to have that disease and then try to cure yourself from it, but if i was in the MC's position i would have been angry about that whole situation with Barb abandoning him, i would feel betrayed if the love of my life left for a reason, failed to what she left to do and did something that should have been a special event between two people who love each other with another man with someone she didnt know or love. Im happy Barb managed to get sober but why did it take her another four years after that to finally reconnect with the man she loves.

Now ive got a few suggestions which you dont have to take into consideration at all because i have no right to give you ideas for the game youve created, but i feel like i need to get these out of my head, so here goes:

I feel like you've created a good situation where it could be revealed that the MC is the true father of Barbs children
#1. I believe its stated that Barb's one night stand happened around a month after abandoning the MC, with her stating she also never went through the full 9 month pregnancy with her also having no idea she was pregnant until while later due to similarities between morning sickness and just feeling shitty from trying to get clean. With this information, it could mean that if the MC and Barb 'made love' before she left him, there is a chance that it could have been the MC who got her pregnant and she didnt know and just assumed it was from the one night stand

#2. Bit of a stretch but since we havent got to see what the kids look like, if/when they are revealed to the MC and others, the MC could look at them and say they remind him of a young MC, where goes to find photos of him as a young boy and then compares them to each other and finds they look really similar, which causes the MC to talk to Barb about his suspicions and he asks her if he could do one of those paternity test thingies and it comes back positive confirming they are his children as well.

Now i know this a long ass stretch but if i could change one thing about this game it would be the relationship with Barb. And this is all just me making suggestions which does not need to be taken into consideration at all. Sorry for the long rant but it honestly made me angry during that date scene where she talks about her kids.
I agree with the Barb one night stand part which I can't understand why it is necessary in the story cause it doesn't make sense to me. But I think Dev won't change any of it. Peace.

Reactions: JMSkywalker

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Can someone explain to me people who go around trying to find NTR when there is none? I'm not going to watch the thread, but I will see direct replies. Is it because they got cheated on or something, or are they just man babies? I'm being serious, I want to understand.

I myself have been cheated on, and if I got back with an ex who had had sex since we were apart, I'd kind of expect them to have done so, cause I certainly would be. But, Barb did it one time in a blackout, and my MC is supposed to be mad and hate her because of that?

Honestly what is it that drives people to try and find things that don't exist? Is it trolling, it doesn't seem like it. I, I don't know I see it done to every dev I know. We all talk about people trying to find it in our games, even though it's not even close to there! What's the deal honestly? This game doesn't have it and won't. I've said that, but people still wanna hunt for shit that's not even close!

Barb was still using, she doesn't even remember it happening, THEY WERE NOT TOGETHER. Nor at that point was there really a chance she was going to get back with him because he was still using. She states she had to leave MC because she was never going to get sober without doing so.

It takes some people many more than one attempt to get sober, and it took Barb a year (I believe I wrote). The point of the scene is because Barb has kids, that's why is was written. It was to establish that fact and how it happened.

Seriously, if people don't like what I've written, go play something else or write you own game, you're not going to hurt my feelings.

I'm being serious. I don't take requests and I never will. Also, please stop spreading this total NTR bullshit propaganda. It's simply not there in the game and never will be. If you don't like Barb then go play a game where you like all the girls and everything is happy simple and fucking boring.

Last edited:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Can someone explain to me people who go around trying to find NTR when there is none? I'm not going to watch the thread, but I will see direct replies. Is it because they got cheated on or something, or are they just man babies? I'm being serious, I want to understand.
I remember one game had a scene where the MC could spy on his mom and dad having sex and everyone was screaming NTR just because she was going to be a future LI after the dad dies. These people use NTR as a catch all for anything they so much as remotely don't like. I've seen them argue that netori LIs having off screen sex with their own husbands is NTR if it happens after the MC meets them. They're deranged and there's no reasoning with them.
Did I want to watch that scene I mentioned earlier? No. Does that make it NTR? No. According to the most deranged NTR haters none of us would be alive if our dads didn't NTR us with our moms so we could be conceived. I just try and not make sense of it and just roll my eyes personally.

Reactions: Horny Toad

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
Because it's how she ended up with kids. How is that so hard to understand? I'm out for a while again. People in the thread can take over, because I'm simply not in the mood to deal with this kinda shit. Especially with people who seem to be clueless as to what a blackout is and the fact they were not even together. So, like these people's posts or whatever you want. I write the game how I write the game, as you stated and I'm not gonna change it because someone said so, or is butt hurt over something they don't understand.

Seriously, do you expect me to say "Oh, ok, I'll re-write that for you, because you don't get why he's not pissed. Let me get on that right now, because I don't want the story to have anything you might object to in it?" Oh and you sir, what was your complaint, so I can rewrite that part too? Seriously?

I care about the people who support me on patreon, and some of the people I like to interact with on here. Otherwise, this place just isn't worth it at all.

And now, I hit the "Unwatch" button! It's such a glorious button! Although it's a shame I have to do that for the people who don't say stuff like the who of you are. Because for the few of you there are a ton of chill people who don't wanna make up stuff, or conjure how something could possibly be a certain way, just because you don't understand it.

Peace out!
You are overreacting here.:FacePalm: I never say it is some NTR shit about the plot line. Just express my opinion that I don't like that specific part of Barb's story that I think the set up is not necessary.
I like your game and story overall despite that little part.(y) What others' opinion is just their expression to game, and they are just opinion, not bullshitting your game. It is impossible expect everyone to check every previous posts before they talk. No one force you to change things. Calm down a bit my friend.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I remember one game had a scene where the MC could spy on his mom and dad having sex and everyone was screaming NTR just because she was going to be a future LI after the dad dies. These people use NTR as a catch all for anything they so much as remotely don't like. I've seen them argue that netori LIs having off screen sex with their own husbands is NTR if it happens after the MC meets them. They're deranged and there's no reasoning with them.
Did I want to watch that scene I mentioned earlier? No. Does that make it NTR? No. According to the most deranged NTR haters none of us would be alive if our dads didn't NTR us with our moms so we could be conceived. I just try and not make sense of it and just roll my eyes personally.
What's their damage, is what I'm trying to find out, I mean what's wrong with someone who would feel the need to do that? Maybe I can help!?

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
You are overreacting here.:FacePalm: I never say it is some NTR shit about the plot line. Just express my opinion that I don't like that specific part of Barb's story that I think the set up is not necessary.
I like your game and story overall despite that little part.(y) What others' opinion is just their expression to game, and they are just opinion, not bullshitting your game. It is impossible expect everyone to check every previous posts before they talk. No one force you to change things. Calm down a bit my friend.
Ok, but when people start telling me with bullet points (not you) how I should write the game.Then I feel like it's my duty to make sure they understand why the scene in question exists. In your case you said "I don't understand it". To which I replied "it's how she got kids". She was NOT with MC, and as I said previously was not likely to get back with him because he was on junk. She was trying to better her life, and in the course of that, had sex while she was blacked out with a random guy she doesn't even remember.

Now, if you're not an addict you don't understand that, so I'm trying to explain it to you. It's actually not out of the ordinary for even hard drinkers.

But, my MC is supposed to hate her for this, when he knows full well what it's like to do the very same thing?

Sorry, not gonna happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Horny Toad

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
If you wrote it, you'd be far from calm if someone took it totally out of context and acted like it was some sort of slight on the MC that she had sex when she had left him and there was no possible future for them unless he got off drugs. Which as you know if you're reading everything she helps him do years after that happened.

Also, she was honest with him about what happened, she could have made some shit up, but she didn't. So, again you guys slay me with this stuff. I just don't know where it comes from, and I'm glad you like the rest of the game, but it has no bearing on this issue. So, face palm away!

Last edited:

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
If you wrote it, you'd be far from calm is someone took if totally out of context and acted like it was some sort of slight on the MC that she had sex when she had left him and there was no possible future for them unless he got off drugs. Which as you know if you're reading everything she helps him do years after that happened.

Also, she was honest with him about what happened, she could have made some shit up, but she didn't. So, again you guys slay me with this stuff. I just don't know where it come from.
I understand now where your anger come from.(y)
The whole discussion could end with 'Someone just don't like that specific plot' whether you think it is the best for the story. The one who listed points to express his feeling to such plot, must like your game a lot to use his time to comment. Hope he accept your reply and go with it. :LUL:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Well, just about everyone here finds most or all of them appealing, so you're the outlier.
Different strokes man. Let him go play games that have the same recycled models everyone thinks are hot, that I personally don't. Like I've said before, and I'll say again. I wanted girl next door types, but I'm with you, they're all attractive. How someone can say they aren't is beyond me.

Also, 99.9999% of the people who are saying they aren't attractive would bang any one of them if they came up to that person and wanted to IRL.

Reactions: Anteron
4.40 star(s) 133 Votes