Ren'Py One Night in Badger City [Prologue] [BudBoi]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

BuddyBoi76

May 14, 2021
Any progress updates? I don't particularly care if this is updated fast or slow but it would be nice to know if it's on the verge of being abandoned or not
Sure, sorry about that. I haven't really worked on anything major yet aside from like 2 animations cause I'm traveling (sorta). I'll probably start working on the game at the end of this month.

As for the two animations, I was pretty happy with how they turned out. I won't be including them though, it takes alot of time to create one and compressing the file is a whole other mess :(

Reactions: rey103

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
Sure, sorry about that. I haven't really worked on anything major yet aside from like 2 animations cause I'm traveling (sorta). I'll probably start working on the game at the end of this month.

As for the two animations, I was pretty happy with how they turned out. I won't be including them though, it takes alot of time to create one and compressing the file is a whole other mess :(
I think if I had to choose between making a few animation or a lot of basic render, choosing the render is a better idea
animation take so much time to make ...

I only speak for myself here, no idea what other people might think , but for me I prefer having bigger update with only render or very basic animation than having good animation but update too short

but in the end if you prefers making animations instead of a lot of render, it's your game, you decide

BuddyBoi76

May 14, 2021
I think if I had to choose between making a few animation or a lot of basic render, choosing the render is a better idea
animation take so much time to make ...

I only speak for myself here, no idea what other people might think , but for me I prefer having bigger update with only render or very basic animation than having good animation but update too short

but in the end if you prefers making animations instead of a lot of render, it's your game, you decide
same
I'm more for story than animation but I'm okay with whatever is the vision for the game
Yeah that's pretty much why I'm not adding animations. It took 10x more effort to make one compared to making renders for an entire scene. Tweaking at the end for better transitions just sucks.

Anyway, I'm happy with the characters introduced so far, and the update's going to be an intermission/interlude of sorts wrapping up the first night. Basically the end of chapter 1. I'll upload it as a standalone version once I'm done with it (PNGs are making this game seem bigger than it is lol)

And apologies, but it'll be a while until I'm done with it since I do this in my free time :(

rey103

May 4, 2020
Yeah that's pretty much why I'm not adding animations. It took 10x more effort to make one compared to making renders for an entire scene. Tweaking at the end for better transitions just sucks.

Anyway, I'm happy with the characters introduced so far, and the update's going to be an intermission/interlude of sorts wrapping up the first night. Basically the end of chapter 1. I'll upload it as a standalone version once I'm done with it (PNGs are making this game seem bigger than it is lol)

And apologies, but it'll be a while until I'm done with it since I do this in my free time :(
hyped

Reactions: BuddyBoi76

BuddyBoi76

May 14, 2021
Progress update?
I didn't realize it's been a month since my last message, my bad. Time really does fly.

So a non spoilery update would be that I'm hoping to complete the version by mid/late April.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A few posters have offered to help with dialogue/characterization, and I'm extremely grateful for it (English isn't my first language), but since I'm way behind on schedule I'll just try and make it asap. Thanks, and sorry for the wait!

Lastpaco

Nov 23, 2017
I didn't realize it's been a month since my last message, my bad. Time really does fly.

So a non spoilery update would be that I'm hoping to complete the version by mid/late April.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A few posters have offered to help with dialogue/characterization, and I'm extremely grateful for it (English isn't my first language), but since I'm way behind on schedule I'll just try and make it asap. Thanks, and sorry for the wait!
so will it give us the option to do the until available locations like the port and jail cell in that case?

Arinath

Nov 14, 2017
anyone know other serial corruption games like this?
Chronicles of Leridia, Cyberslayers, Defenestration, Tales of the Drunkern Cowboy ( ). Leridia can get a little grindy at times - not for game progress just unlocking some H-scenes, but is a finished game (though its getting some updates soon.tm). Cyberslayers tends to be faster corruption wise, but is still in progress. It has a decent amount of content so far, though the file size is quite large. Defenestration is undergoing a kind of hiatus, the game backend was being done, and the developers are in Ukraine. So yeah. Tales of the Drunkern Cowboy is complete with a second being started. Corruption is generally slower - you have to be careful how corrupted as it leads to a dead end.

rey103

May 4, 2020
Chronicles of Leridia, Cyberslayers, Defenestration, Tales of the Drunkern Cowboy (HMTL version is here, linked from blog). Leridia can get a little grindy at times - not for game progress just unlocking some H-scenes, but is a finished game (though its getting some updates soon.tm). Cyberslayers tends to be faster corruption wise, but is still in progress. It has a decent amount of content so far, though the file size is quite large. Defenestration is undergoing a kind of hiatus, the game backend was being done, and the developers are in Ukraine. So yeah. Tales of the Drunkern Cowboy is complete with a second being started. Corruption is generally slower - you have to be careful how corrupted as it leads to a dead end.
thanks! are all of them about a corrupting lust virus?

Arinath

Nov 14, 2017
thanks! are all of them about a corrupting lust virus?
Leridia is a fantasy setting, that has ongoing corruption for getting close to and killing demons/monsters/people, and you are able to corrupt some other people too, though those sections can get a bid grindy. Cyberslayers, Defenestration and Tales are all basically sci-fi with the female protagonist getting a corrupting lust (computer) virus.

BuddyBoi76

May 14, 2021
Well, this is going to be a disappointing update. My PC (or specifically my hard drive) decided to give up at the wrong time and I've ended up losing almost everything related to the game. Since I'm an idiot, I didn't have an online backup for my files/renders so everything's pretty much back to square one.

The renpy stuff is easier to download since it's uploaded here but the hundreds of gigs of SFM files are a hassle to setup, and my track record for working on this game isnt the best. I'll probably stop working on it for now and maybe just shift to making posters and stuff.

Apologies to people who were looking forward to the game/update. I dislike abandoned projects, and working on this was pretty fun + I learned alot in a year so it sucks even more. I might pick it up again in the future, but I'd rather not give false hope so if anyone wants to take over the project/is interested in the story that was planned, feel free to send me a message.

rey103

May 4, 2020
Well, this is going to be a disappointing update. My PC (or specifically my hard drive) decided to give up at the wrong time and I've ended up losing almost everything related to the game. Since I'm an idiot, I didn't have an online backup for my files/renders so everything's pretty much back to square one.

The renpy stuff is easier to download since it's uploaded here but the hundreds of gigs of SFM files are a hassle to setup, and my track record for working on this game isn't the best. I'll probably stop working on it for now and maybe just shift to making posters and stuff.

Apologies to people who were looking forward to the game/update. I dislike abandoned projects, and working on this was pretty fun + I learned alot in a year so it sucks even more. I might pick it up again in the future, but I'd rather not give false hope so if anyone wants to take over the project/is interested in the story that was planned, feel free to send me a message.
damn been looking forward for the next update
sad to hear it's getting abandoned
sorry about your hard drive
must have been so frustrating losing all that hard work

Last edited:
Reactions: BuddyBoi76
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote