Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020

Release Date 1.jpg

Greetings,

This is Arisushi, here to make an important announcement regarding ONS.

In our first two letter columns, we mentioned that ONS will be a five-act kinetic novel -- with the first act being a self-contained short story. And depending on how well received it is, we would expand the game further.

As two creators who have put our heart & soul into the production of ONS for the past year, Junior and I have decided to end the game after ACT 1 - while it can still serve as a "complete" story.

As most of you have witnessed in the sheer quality of the visuals, ONS was a very time consuming game to make. While we are forever grateful to everyone who supported the game at any point in the past year, the revenue it generated (after a year's worth of development) was not enough to sustain it as a long term project.

While I, the writer, could afford to jump between a secondary project and ONS (while the renders were being created), the same was not true for Junior - who had to invest a lot more of his time purely into ONS.

So, the two of us have agreed to part ways amicably after completing ONS, and wishing each other the very best.

But do not worry, this is not the last you'll hear from either of us. For both Junior & I have our (separate) plans for a project worthy of following up ONS. (More on that on the 23rd.)

For now, I would just like to add two more things - before handing over the stage to Junior.

Working on ONS was the most creatively satisfying projects I have ever worked on. Every line I wrote (and rewrote) during the creation of ONS has been a great joy, not only because I was able to write everything EXACTLY the way I liked - but also because I knew I had a partner to elevate those lines to a whole new level with his spectacular artwork. So, I will be eternally grateful to Junior for bringing Elena and David to life with such grace to them.

And lastly, the the wonderful patrons who funded this game through its development - Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You helped me create a work of art that I can be proud of and truly cherish.

Now, I'll step back and let Junior do his thing.

---

Telling a story through images has been a bit of a side-passion for me during the past 10 years of being a professional 3D artist. While the job doesn't always call for it, it has still continued to be a personal passion, but never been something that I had the chance to really delve into.

About a year ago, when I reached out to Arisushi regarding his partnership offer, one specific story of his caught my eye right from the get-go. “One Night Stand” was the perfect project that I had been looking for in the back of my mind for years; Something different, unique, and memorable. But most importantly, something that would give me a solid foundation to work on and allow me to go all out on every single render and incorporate as much emotion and story as I wanted in a render. And now, a year later, I'm extremely proud to say that ONS has become everything that I wanted it to become.

Right at the beginning of production, the mindset that me and Arisushi agreed upon was that if we gathered a good amount of support, then we would expand ONS to more than a single night in David and Elena's life. And if there wasn't one, then “One Night Stand” would be just that—a “One Night Stand”.

ONS was never supposed to be a big name. It never tried to compete with the other big games in the industry. ONS was a simple, short, and special story that we wanted to tell you, at the best of our ability.
And we sincerely hope that you, the fans, have successfully received that on your end.

Arisushi's professionalism was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the development; His flexibility in changing scenes according to limitations, or incorporating any new idea that I had, is essentially all that you could ever ask for when working with a writer on a project.

But most of all, I'd like to thank our incredible patrons. For your amazing support and generosity; you didn't have to do it, but you still did it, and we'll be forever grateful for that. It does, genuinely, mean the world to us, and it feels extremely satisfying to be on the receiving end of it after putting so much into the project.

I hope you have fun playing through the ending of ONS!

After that, though, I will see you in the next one :)

— Junior

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
so you have completed 2 versions or chapters upto this update .. or ?
what when will the next update be released ?

Feb 10, 2022
so you have completed 2 versions or chapters upto this update .. or ?
what when will the next update be released ?
That is correct, version 0.2 (which includes 0.1 as well) is currently available for download in the first post of this thread.
The final version will be released tomorrow first for our Mocktail tier patrons, and then for the public on the 21st of November, which wraps up the night and the story.

Though, as we have made some improvements to 0.1 and 0.2 for this last version, I would personally recommend that you just play the upcoming version for the best experience!

Hope this helps.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017

View attachment 2175507

Greetings,

In our first two letter columns, we mentioned that ONS will be a five-act kinetic novel -- with the first act being a self-contained short story. And depending on how well received it is, we would expand the game further.

As two creators who have put our heart & soul into the production of ONS for the past year, Junior and I have decided to end the game after ACT 1 - while it can still serve as a "complete" story.

As most of you have witnessed in the sheer quality of the visuals, ONS was a very time consuming game to make. While we are forever grateful to everyone who supported the game at any point in the past year, the revenue it generated (after a year's worth of development) was not enough to sustain it as a long term project.

While I, the writer, could afford to jump between a secondary project and ONS (while the renders were being created), the same was not true for Junior - who had to invest a lot more of his time purely into ONS.

So, the two of us have agreed to part ways amicably after completing ONS, and wishing each other the very best.

But do not worry, this is not the last you'll hear from either of us. For both Junior & I have our (separate) plans for a project worthy of following up ONS. (More on that on the 23rd.)

For now, I would just like to add two more things - before handing over the stage to Junior.

Working on ONS was the most creatively satisfying projects I have ever worked on. Every line I wrote (and rewrote) during the creation of ONS has been a great joy, not only because I was able to write everything EXACTLY the way I liked - but also because I knew I had a partner to elevate those lines to a whole new level with his spectacular artwork. So, I will be eternally grateful to Junior for bringing Elena and David to life with such grace to them.

And lastly, the the wonderful patrons who funded this game through its development - Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You helped me create a work of art that I can be proud of and truly cherish.

---

Telling a story through images has been a bit of a side-passion for me during the past 10 years of being a professional 3D artist. While the job doesn't always call for it, it has still continued to be a personal passion, but never been something that I had the chance to really delve into.

About a year ago, when I reached out to Arisushi regarding his partnership offer, one specific story of his caught my eye right from the get-go. “One Night Stand” was the perfect project that I had been looking for in the back of my mind for years; Something different, unique, and memorable. But most importantly, something that would give me a solid foundation to work on and allow me to go all out on every single render and incorporate as much emotion and story as I wanted in a render. And now, a year later, I'm extremely proud to say that ONS has become everything that I wanted it to become.

Right at the beginning of production, the mindset that me and Arisushi agreed upon was that if we gathered a good amount of support, then we would expand ONS to more than a single night in David and Elena's life. And if there wasn't one, then “One Night Stand” would be just that—a “One Night Stand”.

ONS was never supposed to be a big name. It never tried to compete with the other big games in the industry. ONS was a simple, short, and special story that we wanted to tell you, at the best of our ability.
And we sincerely hope that you, the fans, have successfully received that on your end.

Arisushi's professionalism was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the development; His flexibility in changing scenes according to limitations, or incorporating any new idea that I had, is essentially all that you could ever ask for when working with a writer on a project.

But most of all, I'd like to thank our incredible patrons. For your amazing support and generosity; you didn't have to do it, but you still did it, and we'll be forever grateful for that. It does, genuinely, mean the world to us, and it feels extremely satisfying to be on the receiving end of it after putting so much into the project.

— Junior
Thankyou for all your great work

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
That is correct, version 0.2 (which includes 0.1 as well) is currently available for download in the first post of this thread.
The final version will be released tomorrow first for our Mocktail tier patrons, and then for the public on the 21st of November, which wraps up the night and the story.

Though, as we have made some improvements to 0.1 and 0.2 for this last version, I would personally recommend that you just play the upcoming version for the best experience!

Hope this helps.
thanks guys for you awesome work (y)(y)(y)(y)

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021

View attachment 2175507

Greetings,

---

— Junior
Thank you both and the best of luck.

Bagley

Jan 22, 2018

View attachment 2175507

Greetings,

---

— Junior
I'm sorry to hear that the game didn't get the financial backing it deserved, but am really happy to hear that the first act will be completed. Thank you for making this, it has been something special. I also wish you both the greatest success in your next projects, may they be as pitch perfect as ONS.

geordie

Oct 16, 2017
Just from Patreon
One Night Stand - Public Release

Greetings,

Here's the final update of "One Night Stand". Thank you very much for all the love & support during the development of the game :)

PC:

Mac:

---

Note: Junior, being the perfectionist he is, actually took up the additional task of redoing some renders from 0.1 & 0.2 AND also worked on the sound design/music to make the experience more immersive.

So, if you can, we recommend restarting the playthrough from the beginning.

---

Lastly, do come back on the 23rd to find out more about "the next project".

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017

View attachment 2175507

Greetings,

---

— Junior
This was a rather refreshing experience, thank you for your hard work!

Last edited:

BenIsland

Jul 27, 2018
So it's a complete game named one night stand without any sexual tags. So did they get a dinner and woman ghosted him after the meal or did they go back to his place and "netflixed and chill" but they actually watched netflix and chilled?

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Oh my:eek: The renders are amazing and the premise is simple, which are great duo combinations. Unfortunately, the lacks of 'promotions' hinder it from gaining tractions and supports that it deserves. I just found about this game today and many others have not found this gem yet or ever.

Also (speculative), another huge factor is that the game lacks sufficient lewd contents to keep the interest high. Majority members of this community are mainly interested in one thing and one thing only;). However, there is at least one other game that does not have any real lewds that survived for years now (not without blood, tears and monumental sacrifies on the developer).

I have not even played this game yet but the promotional pictures are out of this world. I believe the writing is excellent too just based of the comments I read so far. Looking forward to play this soon when time permits.

Anyway, thank you for the share, All the best to both, Arisushi (writer) and Junior (professional 3D artist). Cheers.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JuniorTheJunior
4.80 star(s) 38 Votes