ss6

Nov 9, 2018
Anyone know what the gauntlet items do? There seems to be one for each enemy type, like Soldier Gauntlet and Guardian Gauntlet, but the effect just says "Exploit Soldier" and "Exploit Security Guard". What does that actually mean?
If you are playing in normal difficulty, it's not a problem, the game is really easy.
I don't know what the gauntlet are doing, but it wasn't a problem, i never lost a single fight ;)

Omae wa shinda

May 25, 2020
Comparing to previous work, i think that this one got downgrade in term of artstyle.
The character especially the enemies get flat? I don't think curve is actually shown for most character designs
In fact the shota, Gen or Amano-Hagokoro look quite ease to the eyes , he is much more female-looking, more cute on the looking side than most female characters in the game. In fact if you told me that he is a girl then i might believe it even though trap can be ''confusing''.
I only like Otome (GIVE ME MORE YANDERE)

For the rule of the this site , i might not know much as the LAWMAKER but if we tried to thread the boundary, then technically this is a half shota game since
The MC get age regression magic by Kakura (Final Boss) into younger age, we all know he got that white tengu adult form and he can turn back into adult using his unique weapon

For the gauntlet specific exploit, i think they can do either 2 things : help you (deal extra damage to that type of enemy) or make you suffer (receive extra damage from that type of enemy)
I don't know the changes since i hit them the same

Story is ok though but translation can be rough to read

Anarking

Mar 25, 2018
Well i cant get past the second stage even with the locale set up. I'm either fighting a seemingly infinite wave of enemies (longest ive gone was around 10-15 mins before i gave up) or my i slowly succumb to my controls being locked. Theres a lady in black that hangs at the bottom of my screen thats invulnerable but doesnt do anything, yet is included in the rutting scenes. And if I try to revive myself with a shadow attack, enemies stop spawning completely so im at a loss.
1624290901720.png

This is the screen after I revived myself with a shadow attack. Any ideas what's going on?

Omae wa shinda

May 25, 2020
Well i cant get past the second stage even with the locale set up. I'm either fighting a seemingly infinite wave of enemies (longest ive gone was around 10-15 mins before i gave up) or my i slowly succumb to my controls being locked. Theres a lady in black that hangs at the bottom of my screen thats invulnerable but doesnt do anything, yet is included in the rutting scenes. And if I try to revive myself with a shadow attack, enemies stop spawning completely so im at a loss.
View attachment 1258195

This is the screen after I revived myself with a shadow attack. Any ideas what's going on?
That weird ,I went through all the game without any problem . Anyway, you can try reset the stage or readjust your settings. Are there any certain equipment which can distruct the game like Enlightenment Flag. Otherwise it be could your download went wrong or maybe your locales is the problems?

Anarking

Mar 25, 2018
That weird ,I went through all the game without any problem . Anyway, you can try reset the stage or readjust your settings. Are there any certain equipment which can distruct the game like Enlightenment Flag. Otherwise it be could your download went wrong or maybe your locales is the problems?
I was thinking that sth happened with the download as Ive got these as files.
1624291633794.jpeg
So maybe I need to redownload as I'm not sure this is supposed to happen...

Atesceken70

Jun 2, 2018
Guys ı can not go back to the tital afther ı
defeated. I Can not go forward in the gameplay afther ı defeated the enemy. I Literely cant do anything in the game. I Set my region to the jap but that dosent work either. İs it about the game or can we do anything other than this ?

Kornuptiko

Jul 11, 2018
defeated. I Can not go forward in the gameplay afther ı defeated the enemy. I Literely cant do anything in the game. I Set my region to the jap but that dosent work either. İs it about the game or can we do anything other than this ?
had the same problem as you. use the Locale emulator (yes even though your PC is in Japan)

Anarking

Mar 25, 2018
had the same problem as you. use the Locale emulator (yes even though your PC is in Japan)
OK for me i needed to fully redownload the game and it ended up working again (at least i didnt get stuck again so yay?)
So theres a possibility peoples downloads were corrupted so make sure your folders and files dont look like the pic I posted above. Didnt even need to use locale emulator anymore so I hope this helps out.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I was thinking that sth happened with the download as Ive got these as files.
View attachment 1258206
So maybe I need to redownload as I'm not sure this is supposed to happen...
OK for me i needed to fully redownload the game and it ended up working again (at least i didnt get stuck again so yay?)
So theres a possibility peoples downloads were corrupted so make sure your folders and files dont look like the pic I posted above. Didnt even need to use locale emulator anymore so I hope this helps out.
For the love of all that is sacred and/or damned and/or neutral and/or ANYTHING really, please FFS learn about system locale, people...
No, setting region to Japan is not system locale. No, setting Format to Japanese doesn't help either. But YES, setting the 'Language for non-Unicode programs' under the 'Administrative' tab to Japanese, DOES. Since that is what actually "SYSTEM LOCALE" is. Got that?
Pleeeease, just get that already... And guess what, that's what the software "Locale Emulator" EMULATES - hence the effing name. Yup, not a coinicidence!
ALSO ALSO, when you extract a .zip (that was zipped on a system that was on Jap system locale and has files/folders which have Japanese characters in their names), you WILL need to do it in Jap locale or use an extractor software that can handle that (like a correctly set up WinRAR), otherwise you will get those jumbled up file/folder names, like you can see in Anarking's attachment.
So there wasn't a corrupt uploaded file, you simply effed up the extraction - and likely did so the second time as well. If the folder and file names are still like that: you WILL get bugged again at one part or another...
Here's how them files and folders should look (after a correct extraction...):
1624306266818.png
Just saying.
(...for the 145th time, I guess?! lol)

And yes, you need to run the game in Japanese system locale or with (a) locale emulator, otherwise you will very likely get bugged. Just further saying.

Rikis

Jan 9, 2018
There is issue that you DO need format settings for this game. There was only one other game (unity too) that requires specific format settings.

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
There is issue that you DO need format settings for this game. There was only one other game (unity too) that requires specific format settings.
Most Japanese games require Japanese system locale. Or at least that used to be the case. These days, I just leave my system locale on Japanese all the time, so I don't know which games would still work without it.

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
oh wow, it's the silver bard. big fan of night games here. are you still working on something these days?

Anarking

Mar 25, 2018
For the love of all that is sacred and/or damned and/or neutral and/or ANYTHING really, please FFS learn about system locale, people...
No, setting region to Japan is not system locale. No, setting Format to Japanese doesn't help either. But YES, setting the 'Language for non-Unicode programs' under the 'Administrative' tab to Japanese, DOES. Since that is what actually "SYSTEM LOCALE" is. Got that?
Pleeeease, just get that already... And guess what, that's what the software "Locale Emulator" EMULATES - hence the effing name. Yup, not a coinicidence!
ALSO ALSO, when you extract a .zip (that was zipped on a system that was on Jap system locale and has files/folders which have Japanese characters in their names), you WILL need to do it in Jap locale or use an extractor software that can handle that (like a correctly set up WinRAR), otherwise you will get those jumbled up file/folder names, like you can see in Anarking's attachment.
So there wasn't a corrupt uploaded file, you simply effed up the extraction - and likely did so the second time as well. If the folder and file names are still like that: you WILL get bugged again at one part or another...
Here's how them files and folders should look (after a correct extraction...):
View attachment 1258726
Just saying.
(...for the 145th time, I guess?! lol)

And yes, you need to run the game in Japanese system locale or with (a) locale emulator, otherwise you will very likely get bugged. Just further saying.
Yeah i thought I had jap locale set but remembered that this was a new laptop so I had never set it lol. The second extraction was successful though and ive had no issues since. There was no need to be as so aggressive but i understand where you were coming from. So thanks for the advice.

ss6

Nov 9, 2018
In the previous excess-m games, we always found a final dungeon after the end of the story. For example an infinite dungeon, or something really hard. There is something like that to find after we finished the game ?
I've done all the bonus quest and finished the story, but no final challenge.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Anyone know what the gauntlet items do? There seems to be one for each enemy type, like Soldier Gauntlet and Guardian Gauntlet, but the effect just says "Exploit Soldier" and "Exploit Security Guard". What does that actually mean?
+1 to this.

ita1ian

Apr 21, 2018
In the previous excess-m games, we always found a final dungeon after the end of the story. For example an infinite dungeon, or something really hard. There is something like that to find after we finished the game ?
I've done all the bonus quest and finished the story, but no final challenge.
After beating the full game, look at the difficulty slider. There's a new difficulty. Slide that and the select stage. You'll see that the main story is now relocked (but if you slide the difficulty back to hard or whatever difficulty below that, the entire game reopens to your progress). There's a bit of QoL where you only need to do the seek and fight missions of the main story, but I noticed that some of the unmarked squares/areas have surprise attacks with mini-bosses. These drop what are called Deva Gauntlets. They replace your Accessory 1 slot and can be really powerful. I think they go up to 5 stats each and you can replay the game on harder difficulties each time with better rolls.

White Bomber

May 30, 2019
for those running into issues, here's a quick guide.
-------------------------------
Majority of the Japanese PC games & indie games are region locked & will cus a game breaking bugs & glitches on a non Japanese local PCs.

ether
A-change both your format & local, hit Start>control panel>region setting to Japanese (you can change it back any-time once you're done)
1624331484400.png +1624330649000.png

or

B-install , using Locale Emulate, right-button-mouse click on Game.exe and select Locale Emulator>Run in Japanese
[keep in mind, not all Japanese games will work with this emulator method, since most of the time the game engine itself is written in Japanese & the emulator will not be able to read it from the game.exe].

For more in depth guide, check this link.

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes