Nov 22, 2020
just started the game and god damn gen had the hardest start in the whole series. got his power stolen,raped for 88 days ,withered and then seems to be reborn in a weaker body

Blood Parade

Dusk of Mankind
Donor
Jun 17, 2018
>no unique rewards from subquests, it's all just the same effects you already find on weapons
>no postgame dungeon, the hardest difficulty's story just loops
>no postgame enemies or bosses
>the hardest difficulty is an absolute breeze by the time you unlock it
>the typical postgame item that you collect buffs to only holds one buff at a time, and most are the same effects as on weapons
>there's a weapon tab in the store that literally never seems to offer anything
>the UI is rudimentary at best
>some of the event creation elements are missing, to the point the dev(s) had to explain a backdoor to access them on their Ci-en page

Are you sure this is the full release, and not some sort of beta version or Early Access, especially given the surprisingly common updates? If it is the full release, then I'm honestly kind of concerned. I don't doubt that they'll add more enemies in future updates, they've done that in the past, but a lot of gameplay aspects that have been standard to Excessm's previous releases are either missing or stripped down to bare bones, not to mention some surprising lack of polish. No clue if they had to rush the release, they had too many hiccups moving from Wolf RPG Editor to Unity, or something else, but this is still honestly kinda rough. Still definitely better than at least 90% of eroges, which kinda shows you the state of the market, but it still might honestly be one of Excessm's worse games. Definitely gonna keep up with their Ci-en though, not everything is gonna be a bullseye, and in the end I still like and respect the fact that they're actually trying to make some sort of entertaining eroges.

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
>no unique rewards from subquests, it's all just the same effects you already find on weapons
>no postgame dungeon, the hardest difficulty's story just loops
>no postgame enemies or bosses
>the hardest difficulty is an absolute breeze by the time you unlock it
>the typical postgame item that you collect buffs to only holds one buff at a time, and most are the same effects as on weapons
>there's a weapon tab in the store that literally never seems to offer anything
>the UI is rudimentary at best
>some of the event creation elements are missing, to the point the dev(s) had to explain a backdoor to access them on their Ci-en page

Are you sure this is the full release, and not some sort of beta version or Early Access, especially given the surprisingly common updates? If it is the full release, then I'm honestly kind of concerned. I don't doubt that they'll add more enemies in future updates, they've done that in the past, but a lot of gameplay aspects that have been standard to Excessm's previous releases are either missing or stripped down to bare bones, not to mention some surprising lack of polish. No clue if they had to rush the release, they had too many hiccups moving from Wolf RPG Editor to Unity, or something else, but this is still honestly kinda rough. Still definitely better than at least 90% of eroges, which kinda shows you the state of the market, but it still might honestly be one of Excessm's worse games. Definitely gonna keep up with their Ci-en though, not everything is gonna be a bullseye, and in the end I still like and respect the fact that they're actually trying to make some sort of entertaining eroges.
I said this earlier but I really do think Excessm's games have been going downhill for a while now.
Especially his previous title and this one, to the point where I'm not even sure I'll bother downloading whatever his next title is.

• Angry
Reactions: Rikis and decker2

VRipper

Sep 14, 2018
I must say, disregarding the bugs, this game is a real disappointment. Put side by side with Parade Buster, which is the most similar, there's no question Parade Buster is far superior in pretty much every aspect.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
but a lot of gameplay aspects that have been standard to Excessm's previous releases are either missing or stripped down to bare bones, not to mention some surprising lack of polish. No clue if they had to rush the release, they had too many hiccups moving from Wolf RPG Editor to Unity,
yeah i think that is the case.
they also removed the mini games they had in the early demo...
i hope they learn to better work with unity or return to wolf rpg:cautious:

Last edited:

VRipper

Sep 14, 2018
yeah i think that is the case.
they also removed the mini games they had in the early demo...
i hope they learn to better work with unity or return to wolf rpg:cautious:
Pretty sure this entire game is just an experiment gone wrong. Excessm as a developer tries new things in pretty much every game they make, whether it be game mechanics or combat systems. Unfortunately, this time it was a new game engine.

Honestly, what I question the most is their decision to make what should've just been a practice run into a commercial product.

Blood Parade

Dusk of Mankind
Donor
Jun 17, 2018
I said this earlier but I really do think Excessm's games have been going downhill for a while now. Especially his previous title and this one
Honestly I still liked Yumesame significantly more, and I'd say it still pretty much kept up the standard; most issues I had were about just how frustrating the charm was to deal with, and with just how absolutely god damn useless the big edgy sword was, to the point there was absolutely no reason not to pick up the skill that buffed you for disabling it.

In this case, a lot of the usual features are just straight up gone, and even basic polish is just not there. That's why it makes me feel like this isn't even a full release, but almost a beta of sorts. Who knows, maybe the next game is gonna have those things, and they've just gotta rebuild what they had with WRPGE. Either way, I honestly hope this isn't going to be a sign of things to come, because Excessm has been one of very few eroge devs that I can feel put effort into making not just good lewds, but an actually entertaining game. The market feels absolutely plagued with generic stock RPGs that would've been better off sold as just CG sets, so one of the exceptions falling from grace would honestly be pretty rough.

I should probably check for some other devs that put detail into the gameplay too, guess it's been a while since I've last scoured through DLsite.

Reactions: decker2 and pepez
4.10 star(s) 7 Votes