zwere

Mar 27, 2020
Is it just me or does this unnervingly look like it was made in RPGmaker? Something about how the text boxes and the font look. Even the way the selection boxes are placed. It's uncanny.
The low res doesn't help. Looks like this VN was released slightly before higher res became the norm.

ajax69000

Oct 14, 2019
I keep getting an error that says that VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found, I have tried reinstalling it but keep getting the same error. Does anyone know how to fix this?

mofu2x

Oct 10, 2020
I keep getting an error that says that VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found, I have tried reinstalling it but keep getting the same error. Does anyone know how to fix this?
You're missing a Visual C++ redistributable. I think 140 is for 2015. So .

BlinkA1

Jul 5, 2018
The low res doesn't help. Looks like this VN was released slightly before higher res became the norm.
Oni Release Date.JPG

The game was originally released in 2011 in Japan, yeah so its kinda old but hey Majikoi is much older than this game and yet few people complain about it in general. typical... They should just be thankful that there's new releases of VNs/Eroges every now and then these days...

Reactions: Sarica

zwere

Mar 27, 2020
View attachment 1275262

The game was originally released in 2011 in Japan, yeah so its kinda old but hey Majikoi is much older than this game and yet few people complain about it in general. typical... They should just be thankful that there's new releases of VNs/Eroges every now and then these days...
Was just pointing out why it might look a bit rough around the edges to some people. Hell, Sengoku Rance looks like a win98 application but that doesn't make the game any less good in my mind.

ajax69000

Oct 14, 2019
You're missing a Visual C++ redistributable. I think 140 is for 2015. So .
Installed that, and it still is given me the same error.

Edit: I had to install a different version for it to work, but this fixed it

Last edited:

hoobatooba

Mar 16, 2021
Is it just me or does this unnervingly look like it was made in RPGmaker? Something about how the text boxes and the font look. Even the way the selection boxes are placed. It's uncanny.
A big part of this (besides the general lo res) is that they're using VL Gothic as the font which just screams RPGmaker.

There aren't any real modern fonts in the game (it's an old game), but switching to another font (lower right on the settings screen) helps a little. For instance, UD Digital N-R.

For whatever reason, when you change the font on a normal text screen it updates it immediately, but if you're on a choice screen you won't see it take effect until the next screen or if you reload.

Shadrag7

Nov 18, 2019
all the main character did for the first hours few hours was to tease all of them about every single thing. they in return blush furiously and he teased them about that.. its a shame the images are really nice but this is making my head hurt

noxtek

Modder
Aug 19, 2017
I am really sorry to bother but are you still working on Compiling uncensored CG of Majikoi or did you lost interest?
oh i thought you followed Sarica instructions to extract them, with GARbro is really a matter of minutes

Therod

Apr 20, 2018
Dude, it's simple. Just download GARbro from here:

After you install it, open it. Click file, open. Find the folder where you installed the Majikoi visual novel and then open the Visual.pac file.

You'll see a big list of images. You can then click on any one of them, and you'll get a preview on the right side. Right clicking on the image name will give you a menu. Just click extract and then choose a folder where you want to extract them. It's that simple. I just did it. It takes like 1 minute to do.
how do I use it to open it?

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes