VN Ren'Py Only I Have Skills [v1.00] [Orangelo]

3.90 star(s) 10 Votes

Polarthief

Dec 29, 2021
Build 0.22 Patch Notes
CONTENT:
Adventurers' Guild: Sparring (Orsu variant)
Brothel: Entertaining a prestigious guest
*laughs in being reminded once again why he dropped this from his Patreon list*

As if it couldn't get more pitiful than last time, what in the good god is this? LD's update wasn't that great, but I hate that it gets so much more flak because it's more known.

What did I say last month? I wasn't dunking on this game? Yeah, I'm backpedaling on that stance. Dunk away, this is pathetic!

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
So does this game again not offer anything for its highest tier Patreon?
Does it charge per build, or charge per month?

Polarthief

Dec 29, 2021
So does this game again not offer anything for its highest tier Patreon?
Does it charge per build, or charge per month?
Charges per month, as was the month they charged for NOT putting out an update and NOT warning people in advance.

So whats going on with the development proccess for this. It's started out so well now it's just at a complete standstill.
They're just waffling on what to do it seems. They keep putting out a few scenes, but nothing major in any way.

It's really common for first time developers to do something akin to this. It's just something that comes with the territory.
The shitty ones (like the Lilith's Throne dev) do for sure. The not-so-shitty ones may but put out a warning *well* in advance if you want to pull out of a month since there's no update, or they charge per update.

Not putting out anything but still paying for a month for a game that gets updated once a month is an absolutely scummy move. This isn't like an MMO where there's the expectation that you're paying for access to the game regardless of updates, this is an indie game that can be continued to be played even if you stop supporting it, up to whatever update you last bought in to.

TL;DR: Why would anyone pay for a month when you get literally nothing out of it? The answer is they wouldn't, the dev knew this, and said nothing about no update coming until *after* everyone was charged.

Reactions: Aeriku
Aug 2, 2019
Charges per month, as was the month they charged for NOT putting out an update and NOT warning people in advance.

They're just waffling on what to do it seems. They keep putting out a few scenes, but nothing major in any way.

The shitty ones (like the Lilith's Throne dev) do for sure. The not-so-shitty ones may but put out a warning *well* in advance if you want to pull out of a month since there's no update, or they charge per update.

Not putting out anything but still paying for a month for a game that gets updated once a month is an absolutely scummy move. This isn't like an MMO where there's the expectation that you're paying for access to the game regardless of updates, this is an indie game that can be continued to be played even if you stop supporting it, up to whatever update you last bought in to.

TL;DR: Why would anyone pay for a month when you get literally nothing out of it? The answer is they wouldn't, the dev knew this, and said nothing about no update coming until *after* everyone was charged.
Faux updates, oh god im getting blackgate flash backs from this

deadeater

Dec 25, 2019
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Thanks for the wait, everyone! Here's the biggest chapter I've written since... forever, maybe. No idea what happened; it was just supposed to be set-up for the next arc... but things just kept getting longer and longer. And then I decided to get ambitious and draw even more sprites :p It's a thicc one, so feel free to take it slow, I guess.

This was a particularly hard chapter to write. Mostly because I've become so used to the episodic nature of Rajt encounters — and now we're back to heavy plot points. The meaty, gritty stuff. So things might be a little more serious than the usual. Pacing was a little difficult to nail down due to... certain developments — no spoilers. But all this is the fun of writing, right?

Anyway. I've also had to change some parts of the Minervus encounter. At first, I thought you'd only get to meet him if you helped the Wolf Thief in the Marketplace. But then I realised that Minervus is entirely essential to the concluding arc of the Tasks, so people who chose to send the Wolf to jail would be locked out. I've fixed it now... but there might be mistakes. Let me know!

That's about it from me. Enjoy!

- orange, 5 February 2023

Build 0.23.3

Last edited:

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Thanks for the wait, everyone! Here's the biggest chapter I've written since... forever, maybe.
- orange, 5 February 2023
fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me :KEK:
Remember last time the dev bluffed about some "biggest chapter" a few updates ago - which turns out to be far less? It seems the dev makes a habit of exaggerating his progress :LOL:

Actually, it's surprisingly good for the game development. Makes you want to know where the story is going.
I already talk to Minervus but I can't continue the mission...?
View attachment 2368051
Did you catch the wolf thief into the prison? Then the quest is still bugged in this version.
I've tried, you need to let the thief escape to proceed.
You either wait for a fixed version, or just re-play and let the wolf-thief escape (at the cost of the wolf dicking you in the prison).
I just spent like 10 mins to replay the Raj part, with all skip - make you realise there's actually not very much here...

Last edited:
Reactions: ppadjake

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Before anyone askes, here's a save at the Closure of Raj Arc.
All possible skill acquired. All events done. Not sure if there's any choices mattered, but all are the most lewd ones made -
except no Wolf Dick in the prison...since that's bugged...

Reactions: ppadjake
3.90 star(s) 10 Votes