3.90 star(s) 43 Votes

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Agree, at least they let us know. But I wonder why they didn’t reach out to a few of the other devs around. Someone might have been interested in pitching in for a cut.

A cut of what, this game didn't make shit, and it was being split 3 or 4 ways. Why do you think that they went through like 6 or 7 team members.

Last edited:

Frankbob

Dec 25, 2021
Nothing worng with the game/story, but it wasnt making the money they hoped for which led to super long periods between updates, which made people not want to sub.

Really hard for devs to justify puting alot of time into somthing thats not getting subs.

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
Nothing worng with the game/story, but it wasnt making the money they hoped for which led to super long periods between updates, which made people not want to sub.

Really hard for devs to justify puting alot of time into somthing thats not getting subs.
Agreed but the dev needed to market a little. Communication on F95 can be very helpful to attract subs. They did very little on that front.

Reactions: Orlox

Rintal

May 6, 2017

There are legends about the existence of secret knowledge invented by the ancient Tibetan sages. This secret knowledge is called MARKETING.
If you want to make money with your work, then it's very naive to assume that you will just do something cool and people will immediately start throwing money at you, and then wonder why this does not happen.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
I don't understand. 500$ on Patreon and over 500$ on Subscribestar and the Dev abandon the game ????

Tt's not always about the money. Real life comes first. The development team explained in time what had happened. It's because the team member, who is mainly responsible for the storyline, is currently having serious family problems. Technically, the game isn't even abandoned, it's just paused. As soon as the situation has normalized again, the game can actually continue.

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Tt's not always about the money. Real life comes first. The development team explained in time what had happened. It's because the team member, who is mainly responsible for the storyline, is currently having serious family problems. Technically, the game isn't even abandoned, it's just paused. As soon as the situation has normalized again, the game can actually continue.
But isn't this where the saying "The show must go on" should come into play. Sorry about that persons situation but Team hire/find another writer. Or sell the project to another team.

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
Sorry about that persons situation but Team hire/find another writer. Or sell the project to another team.
THIS. There are so many great abandoned games that people want to see continued (My Sweet Neighbors, View of Family, High Life, etc) you would think the dev that decided to quit could just sell it to a hungry dev that won't need to start from scratch and pick up a fanbase instantly. Maybe not this game...not sure...but still.

Jul 24, 2022
THIS. There are so many great abandoned games that people want to see continued (My Sweet Neighbors, View of Family, High Life, etc) you would think the dev that decided to quit could just sell it to a hungry dev that won't need to start from scratch and pick up a fanbase instantly. Maybe not this game...not sure...but still.
Everyone has his own idea, meaning, that even if an other dev would continue, he probably would want to change half the story. Things aren't as simple as it seems...

Futa3dguy

Jul 29, 2021
Well I am happy I decided to wait until significant content had been released before continuing a playthrough. I have learned my lesson after downloading a ton of incomplete games and literally 9/10 of them being abandoned or on track to being completed in 5-10 years(in other words on track to being abandoned)... I don't understand how anyone can still be invested in any of these projects where you get 2-3 hours of gameplay a year. This give the Devs no reason to complete games any faster. In fact, they make more money drip-feeding the audience content.

I am not saying that is what these specific devs did... But they knew how long they could wait before making this announcement and just how little content they could produce per update without losing subs... and its wishful thinking to assume that most devs aren't going to fall into that relationship with their backers.

Shit happens. Yes. But with crowdfunding that really doesn't hurt the dev like it would with a traditional Dev... So its much easier for them to just say "real life happened" and most people are nice so they empathize... But I guarantee you most of the time when devs claim "real life issues" are stopping them from working on their project... They would absolutely still be clocking in everyday if they had a boss.

As a self-employed person I know how easy it is to find a reason not to work (in fact I should be working right now)... and that is why I have to call bullshit on most crowdfunded devs. They can literally say anything and you have no way of knowing how true it really is. Unless you have very high confidence in the devs you are supporting, you should consider it as a charitable donation to someone who probably needs the money less than you do.

Mighty No.9 developed by the creator of Mega-Man raised over 3 million dollars on Kickstarter and didn't even deliver what was promised... with zero consequences. That is how obviously exploitable crowdfunding is... A millionaire didn't want to risk his own money so he hyped up a bunch of gamers and tricked them into donating money to a millionaire. I just have to repeat that one last time... Donating money to a millionaire.

I understand that these types of games are not the same scale. The principle remains the same. If you invest money into a product before it releases.. You should be considered an investor. You should get a return. If not, it's nothing but charity. The same applies for pre-ordering products. DON'T DO IT unless you are getting something of actual value in return.

3.90 star(s) 43 Votes