Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Cap asked and Sybil gave her consent multiple times. I honestly think you must have skipped all of the dialogue between them if you remotely think this was close to noncon.
befor putting his dick in and multiple times throughout the mc ASKED her if she was ok or if she WANTED TO STOP.
there realy wasnt any pushing from the mc´s side going on at all.
the opposite actualy as it was sybil who wanted to have sex with the mc.

i dont know how carefully you read the script but if the conclusion you came to was that the mc took advantage of her without regards to her feelings then you must have made massive jumps between lines.
Ok. Well, its possible that my impression of the scene was off, since the dev and a few others saw it differently. So I went back and read the script.

Basically, and you can all go back and look yourself, the scene consists of the captain forcing a kiss on Sybil when she tries to meekly protest, go harder when she says he is being too rough, and then then lifts her up, puts her in his lap, presses himself against her and tells Sybil what he wants.

Then she says, "It's okay." And then as he presses further, she gives in and says go ahead.

So, you are both right, not really borderline non-concentual at all. But, to me it was too forceful, too fast, with a meek character, to match the Captain's character up to now, which up until this update pretty much let each LI show how far she wanted to go before he pressed on.

Plus, as a player I prefer it when the LI shows more interest on her own, versus the MC pressing her on it repeatedly, just for her to give in. And so far, that is how Oppai Odyssey has been up to this update.

On the contrary, I have enjoyed both versions of all the scenes with Nyx, for example, because as you are rather forcefull with her in one version, she is the same way with you on the other path, so you both basically enjoy the same dynamic from either side. And it is the same with the scenes with the doctor, which are very hot. She is even more depraved, so she is game for anything, which is fun.

It is different with Sybil, who is much more inexperienced and naive. So, this scene with Sybil, combined with the forced tentacle rape of your confined prisoner, and pissing on your engineer while she is asleep, which is clearly non-consensual in both cases, just reinforces the drastic change the MC has undergone this update. Some, will probably enjoy the MC moving to the darker side, but some of your other fans, me included, will be surprised and dismayed by the unexplained and uncharacteristic turn of events, which is quite a shift in tone and game theme after almost 2 years of development.

All devs should make the game they want without apologies, and us as players are free to play it, support the devs on Patron or otherwise if we like it, and others are free to find something more their taste. I just want to share, how personally I am not a fan of the new direction the game seems to be going. We will see if it continues on this path, or is just a brief interlude.

Last edited:

SABIAFUCKER

May 4, 2021
cryoxxx just found this game today and I loved it. Played till the version end. And now I kinda feel sad and empty. It's a great game. I hardly play 3dcgs and play mostly 2dcgs. But this game here is a masterpiece. It's a beautiful game with a beautiful story,art and everything. I don't want you to change anything just keep on working with the updates. Normally I don't feel so strong on games but this game is on a whole new level. Please dont abandon it. Many of my favourite games were abandoned but please not this one. I hope you will keep my request and give us updates

BroodZeo

Oct 18, 2020
cryoxxx buddy there are mixed views on the current update regarding the new scenes i for one don't mind most of them except one that is the the tentacle rape scene with Pip. I know it's avoidable but just for my concern are you planning to add more tentacles rape scenes in further update? Coz honestly I am not a fan of tentacles. So can you clear up if the games gonna the other way?? So I can decide.

Tbh OppaiOdyssey is one heck of a game i love it but there are some red flags like these which you know make me have second thoughts

Last edited:

rance4747

May 25, 2018
Perspectives and Opinions. I think the tag is well deserved. Non-con is Rape. And what is a light rape?
You see it different, I respect that. I think reading this thread, 50% see it like you and the other half like me.
IMHO Tags should represent their respective fetishes, not moral aspect of things.
And on fetish front grouping molestation, sleep sex, mindcontrol and coercion/blackmail under the "rape" umbrella is about as sensible as uniting gay, lesbian, trap and futa under a tag like "homosexual".

Reactions: jmcronshaw

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
cryoxxx buddy there are mixed views on the current update regarding the new scenes i for one don't mind most of them except one that is the the tentacle rape scene with Pip. I know it's avoidable but just for my concern are you planning to add more tentacles rape scenes in further update? Coz honestly I am not a fan of tentacles. So can you clear up if the games gonna the other way?? So I can decide.

Tbh OppaiOdyssey is one heck of a game i love it but there are some rest flags like these which you know make me have second thoughts
Noncon will never be a focus.

If the tentacles were the thing that made you squeamish, you might be better off stopping now. I love making interesting and unique sex scenes, so there will be more "weird" things to come.

BroodZeo

Oct 18, 2020

If the tentacles were the thing that made you squeamish, you might be better off stopping now. I love making interesting and unique sex scenes, so there will be more "weird" things to come.
thanks for the honest answer i for most don't mind many fetishes except NTR, MMF group sex, multiple penetration with many men, rape including other dick or thing then MC's , Futa/Trans, gay. These are the ones I mostly hate with my whole heart content and if you plan to add these I'll gladly pass. No hard feelings

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020
IMHO Tags should represent their respective fetishes, not moral aspect of things.
And on fetish front grouping molestation, sleep sex, mindcontrol and coercion/blackmail under the "rape" umbrella is about as sensible as uniting gay, lesbian, trap and futa under a tag like "homosexual".
These all are considered rape. The tags are there to specify them. I like mind control. But hate rape. But I see it as rape.
The same way, Lesbians are homosexual but not gay.(Does that make sense)
The tags make it possible for people searching for specific kinks they like or stay away from things they dislike. A lesbian gamer will search for Lesbian content. Homosexual would be too unspecific. But still not wrong.
Blackmailing as an example would apply to games where blackmailing exist but is in no way meant to be sexual. Tags should represent what is in the game.
Which tag in your opinion would apply here?

Last edited:

Halbyn

Dec 8, 2021
After replaying the last update, I believe its more of a pacing issue. If the idea is the M.C. is meant to be becoming more sadistic as time goes on the gear-change was jarring and made him seem schizophrenic.
It was like turning over two pages of a book at once and wondering wtf is going on.
I quite like the idea of your choices being 'hit the breaks' or 'step on the gas' though.
Kind of like Pale Carnations if anyone has played it.
Also, I realised that the bunks are nearly full, does this mean the crew won't be expanding much further?

Last edited:
Reactions: Smarmint

TM | Twisted Games

GDI Spec Ops
Dec 30, 2020
After replaying the last update, I believe its more of a pacing issue. If the idea is the M.C. is meant to be becoming more sadistic as time goes on the gear-change was jarring and made him seem schizophrenic.
It was like turning over two pages of a book at once and wondering wtf is going on.
I quite like the idea of your choices being 'hit the breaks' or 'step on the gas' though.
Kind of like Pale Carnations if anyone has played it.
Also, I realised that the bunks are nearly full, does this mean the crew won't be expanding much further?
There is a pretty solid overlap between the PC/OO fandom on Discord...so you may be picking up on something there :)

I wouldn't expect massive crew expansion...but I also wouldn't rule out a few new and some familiar faces at some point. Cryo likes to surprise me...but I would be shocked if we don't see Zara'thul again at some point, for example.

Halbyn

Dec 8, 2021
Now you mention it the Noel scene reminded me a lot of the last Mina scene in PC. Ripples is pretty good too.

The engine room would make a good terrarium for Zara, and her Dragon girls.
Warm and dry. :ROFLMAO:
And if, like you said, the USF is fully corrupt, then their homeworld is probably double fucked now they're occupying.

Last edited:
Reactions: TM | Twisted Games

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
When judging the pacing, you have to remember that the events can be triggered and enjoyed at different times and should be judged as a whole. While the 3 events this update were a bit darker, the whole section of flying between the Bellona wreckage and the eventual arrival at the Cluster should be considered. New players won't be playing these 3 events one after the other like update to update players do.
I think it's a valid thing to consider.

• Angry
Reactions: Professor Black

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020

That the mc will be doing/taking part in or standing around watching?

BTungsteno

Jul 10, 2019
Someday a dev will add a scene where the tentacle rape will happens because MC drank "experimental drug 69" which multiplied his dingdong and give him elastic properties as a plus, but not this update! (cries in fantasy unfulfilled noises)

Wasn't a bad update, but not the best so far which isn't a bad thing, dev told that next update we can perma-steer to sub or dom Nyx , so like the tentacle rape was to player choice, i'm sure cryoxxx not gonna rail us into one option for certain spicy scenes

Reactions: wiseold6996

Halbyn

Dec 8, 2021
Is that true? What if you don't want to lock her to Sub or Dom?
I liked the back and forth power play. It's what made the game feel unique.

Last edited:

BTungsteno

Jul 10, 2019
I liked the back and forth power play. It's the best bit of the game.
Locked probably when in comes to sex, her personality could remain more and less the same, some people are secret dom/sub and then another kind of person when talking/working/etc irl

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
I liked the back and forth power play. It's the best bit of the game.
Nyx will still be Nyx no matter what. I don't plan on ever making her lose her spunk, but after this update the power dynamic will be set, and we can advance deeper into what it means to be a sub or dom

ASERDDERERT

Jun 8, 2019
Pretty good so far. Happy that I tried it. Cuz usually thus kinds of games are just sh... not my thing, khm.

And NYX is eldar. With "purple magic". With very curious way of torture.
Khm, Slaanesh worshiper, khm, khm?

4.40 star(s) 142 Votes