BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I suspect RenPy's GPU acceleration isn't that good, it still requires a good CPU for video decoding and that's what causes poor performance for some people. Try pressing Shift+G and playing around with the render options, see if you can find one that works better for you than the default one.
You can give the MMX-enabled 8.1.1 lib over there a try. Only tried one video from the gallery with it...

By the way this is enabled once again in Ren'Py 8.1.3 for non-Macs.
I need to see if I can find a private message I had with the DV of a certain game that was also causing problems in the videos, so he found a solution and gave it to me and the lag in the videos was fixed, if I find it I can try opening the script for that game and change everything regarding the videos, it's just a matter of me finding what I need, there are so many private messages I have, that I need to look calmly, if I can find it I'll let you know... thanks for your attention.(y)
So, with the custom lib you don't need to do anything with the videos or make any changes to the original script. It significantly lowers the CPU needed to decode VP8/VP9 videos in Ren'Py.

My comment was that I did minimal testing with it, e.g.: copied the lib/ folder, launched game and tried a gallery entry until a video played. Depending on your toaster level you will still need to free up CPU if it's in use elsewhere.
Something in the game is in my machine making it lag in the animations, of course this from lag to some and for others goes well, sometimes there are games that is much heavier and the animations run without stumbling, and sometimes a game Lighter ends up due to something making it happen what happened to me, but it's just a matter of finding out what is causing it, as soon as I have a while I will find out what is causing it, without being in need of rushing with it, things Most important I have my life to do .... For an unfinished game a lot can happen, before I arrive at the end, and even there I will find out what is wrong .... even more.
its probably the same issue from the game "Waifu Academy", like they used code for the most recent renpy engine and forgot to update 'lib' and 'renpy' folders to make that new code work without any issues.

You can get the updated renpy engine from this site. Latest version is 8.1.4 (the correct download are from column named 'Ren'Py 8 Fix'). download the sdk zip file, and copy 'lib' and 'renpy' inside the zip to the oppai odyssey folder, to replace files.

PS: I don't know if this works for MAC version.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
OppaiOdyssey-0.4.2a
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: cryoxxx

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Game looks swanky, but I'm only interested in putting babies in alien ladies.

What's the pregnancy content in this game like so far? Anything good?
For now, there's only one that's pregnant. Some might be added in the future, depending on when the dev decides to add them to it. As for the current one, I'll let you go on a creampie adventure and solve that mystery. I know I enjoyed putting a bun in her oven.

May 31, 2020
Can Lym get off in the nearest station? .... She's ruining my crew's morale... Considering I had no interest in her to begin with.... That'll be for the best...

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
NYX Injury was a plot with a lot of promise, you could have used it in many different ways. First of all, you could make that bind/bound thing with MC, you could make NYX or MC on control (depends on the players path, it would a lot of sense since paths exist) or you could be done far better thing, take things further and give MC crest powers because of the binding, and considering all things going on and how powerful our enemies are that would make a lot of sense and would be cool... Or you could do any other thing... Like anything, even she just injuring her body and her crest being fine and she just recovering would make sense. Yet... Yet... You choose to
For real bruh? It seems like you tried soo hard to ruin all that potential and it's damn sad... Like seriously why...

Last edited:

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
Can Lym get off in the nearest station? .... She's ruining my crew's morale... Considering I had no interest in her to begin with.... That'll be for the best...
Eh. This is basically the aftermath of the story development. The MC not telling anything to Lym in the last Update leads to that.
In my opinion, not really the best way to do it, because you now have quite a tense situation between both of them (and no choice seems to matter in this Update how you go about it), because of the forced conversation they had before.

Buuut, the Dev knows more than me, so there will be a solution to this. It is highly unlikely that you can get rid of Lym.

magvearn

Jun 4, 2021
I am a bit disappointed by this update, seems to me this was a bit short? or is it the same length(to previous updates) i can't really remember. The quality still there its just not enough for me (IMHO). Would you reconsider changing the way you count animations , sure a swipe of a hand is technically an animation but i thought 1 animation is a scene not just a motion of a hand or breathing.

I will wait for more updates or another year to continue this game it has been very good but just the updates seems to be shorter (less story progression) while the naughty scenes are great, its just a bit scarce and too widely sparse between updates not to mention the production time(3-4 month) for updates being delivered.

I hope this FREE player feedback does not discourage you cryoxxx . I sincerely hope the best for you and Oppai Odyssey will get the completed tag in the future.

Amnezziia

Feb 27, 2023
NYX Injury was a plot with a lot of promise, you could have used it in many different ways. First of all, you could make that bind/bound thing with MC, you could make NYX or MC on control (depends on the players path, it would a lot of sense since paths exist) or you could be done far better thing, take things further and give MC crest powers because of the binding, and considering all things going on and how powerful our enemies are that would make a lot of sense and would be cool... Or you could do any other thing... Like anything, even she just injuring her body and her crest being fine and she just recovering would make sense. Yet... Yet... You choose to bind her with Pip or strip of her powers... For real bruh? It seems like you tried soo hard to ruin all that potential and it's damn sad... Like seriously why...
You could have added some spoilers...

We haven't seen anything yet about the choice of bind Nyx and Pip. Maybe Nyx's crest will be more powerful, maybe it will unlock something for Pip. For the dom/sub path, we learn that the two races have been linked in the past, and Pip already knew the Eldarians very well which surprised Nyx, now it's explained. So it's normal that it's done between Nyx and Pip and not with the MC who is human + it opens up possibilities for threesome by putting the MC or Nyx in a dom position towards two people.

It's the same for the choice not to bind Nyx and Pip, we don't have more information on the consequences of the disappearance of the crest for Nyx. I find it hard to believe that she will become useless, the Eldarians most likely have more than one trick up their sleeve + we have a little more lore with the elders of both races.

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
I am a bit disappointed by this update, seems to me this was a bit short? or is it the same length(to previous updates) i can't really remember.
This update was more wide than long, with a ton of routes to handle the situation. Maybe you can try the other things if you weren't satisfied :)

May 31, 2020
Eh. This is basically the aftermath of the story development. The MC not telling anything to Lym in the last Update leads to that.
In my opinion, not really the best way to do it, because you now have quite a tense situation between both of them (and no choice seems to matter in this Update how you go about it), because of the forced conversation they had before.

Buuut, the Dev knows more than me, so there will be a solution to this. It is highly unlikely that you can get rid of Lym.
Ahhh a damn shame... Maybe a stray laser will find her head in the battles to come... :BootyTime:

Amnezziia

Feb 27, 2023
Great update, as usual!

I really like the option to bind Nyx and Pip. I just hope Pip keeps his rebellious personality. I'm also curious to see what a Nyx looks like without crest, even if it's not for me cause: Nyx = Crest.

I'm a little dubious about adding Yaz to the crew with what we've seen so far, but we'll see in the future.

Lym is very annoying even if I understand her, it must be said, but I'm not giving up on her yet. I can't wait to see how it develops once the ship lands.

I have the impression that it was a bit of a transition update, the crew is recovering its strength after the announcement of the desertion and obviously the injuries of the MC and Nyx. There should probably be more action in the next update. Let's see how it goes!

linkkkkk_

Jan 20, 2019
The update was really high quality and it looked like every scene and background had a lot of effort put into it, thank u dev.

4.40 star(s) 142 Votes